Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+

Guest 2077512

I can't believe, I spend 10 hours trying to install the patch and still getting the "feature transfer error". This can't be happening!!!!!!!!!!!

why couldnt they make it 1 big massive patch? instead of having to install seperate elements? i would prefer that to having to put up with all this BS

Guest 2077512

Even the CorelDraw updates are smarties than this !? Phyyyy ....I get the filing that someone is siting in his chair and lucidly smiling "he, he , he .... you got what you deserve??What should we do - uninstall everything and leave only the game? Or should I reinstall the whole bloody Windows just to run the game? Games are supposed to be for fun, not to drive you crazy with simple upgrade .... I think I will post something really nasty and unpleasant for the guys who made this patch ...[MOD]use the EDIT button]/MOD]

i think it is more related to the TWEE_Upgrade.exe file than any AV or FW, the fact is it happen on various AV et FW and sometimes uninstalling help, sometimes not.

I close xp firewall, avast, windows defender, and i also got that error on a fresh install. How they did their patch ? I never saw that.

i had a similar problem on my 1st attempt. on my second attempt. i only selected my language, my language subtiltles and did not select the 2 added adventure packs. that made the thing install fairly quick. once that was done. i installed the 2 adventure packs from their own exe files.

Download and installation works fine, but when I start The witcher ee its hangs up. I´ve send the error report To Micrososft. I´m running Windows Xp with all Actual patches, Nvidia Graphic driver 175.19. Insttalt KAspersky Internet securoty. If you need more data please send me a Message, I´m sending you every information you need to solve my problem. Thank you.

Hiya. Sorry if this solution has been mentioned before, I don't have time to go through 30 pages of comments.My system is running Windows XP SP2.I was trying to install the Enhanced Edition udpate, with the English language pack, on a clean install of The Witcher from DVD and was persistingly getting the feature transfer error early on while the update was dealing with localized.key.I tried downloading from various sources, and tried disabling both my AVG antivirus, and my Comodo Firewall - no luck.Eventually I did the following:1. Extracted TWEE_Upgrade.exe using Universal Extractor, get it from: http://legroom.net/software/uniextract2. Placed all three of TWEE_English_language_pack.exe, TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exe, TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exe into the same directory where "setup.exe" was extracted, 3. Ran setup.exe.Authentication, installation and modification all went ahead with no problems, modification did take some time though.Now all's good ;)I hope this helps some people.

Fabiol31 said:
I close xp firewall, avast, windows defender, and i also got that error on a fresh install. How they did their patch ? I never saw that.
Closing is not enough, I had to UNINSTALL firewall to get patch work.

ChinkooTheThird said:
Hiya. Sorry if this solution has been mentioned before, I don't have time to go through 30 pages of comments.My system is running Windows XP SP2.I was trying to install the Enhanced Edition udpate, with the English language pack, on a clean install of The Witcher from DVD and was persistingly getting the feature transfer error early on while the update was dealing with localized.key.I tried downloading from various sources, and tried disabling both my AVG antivirus, and my Comodo Firewall - no luck.Eventually I did the following:1. Extracted TWEE_Upgrade.exe using Universal Extractor, get it from: http://legroom.net/software/uniextract2. Placed all three of TWEE_English_language_pack.exe, TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exe, TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exe into the same directory where "setup.exe" was extracted, 3. Ran setup.exe.Authentication, installation and modification all went ahead with no problems, modification did take some time though.Now all's good ;)I hope this helps some people.
You are great my firend!That just did it! :)Someone need to pin this answer, so others won't need to read whole topic.

Anybody got an MD5 checksum for a working copy of the TWEE_Upgrade exe? I've downloaded it and the English Language pack, installed it (seemed to happen fine), but the game crashes on initial load. I'm not convinced that the exe isn't corrupted.

Figure I would make a topic so people with this issue and Comodo Firewall would not have to go through 30 pages to find the fix. I tried everything from downloading from three diffrent sites, shutting off AV, FW and internet after reg finished and nothing worked. Till I followed that persons suggestion to totally uninstall the firewall and poof It is installed. It is still sad that we all had to go through this FIASCO to install a simple patch!! I give them their credit where it is due that they went above and beyond to make the game better but they really droped the ball the way the patch process was so messed up.. If you really think about it this is the way the game should have been put out in the first place NOT fixed in an enhanced version and patch a year later.. They put a game out with messed up dialog and gesture and intentory system, long long load times, clones running around, random crashs here and there and other glitchs and then fix it in a patch that is a fiasco as well. Plus some went as far to buy the game all over again when their original game should have been in this state in the first place... Sad if you think about it... Now to hope the games is not messed up even more now with the patch.

I am having problem with the online activation for The Witcher Enhance Edition upgrade. The PatchSecurity (An'givare) pop-up would stop responding after I entered my id and password.When I terminate the process, I get a message saying Microsoft .NET 3.0 could not be installed. I am using Windows Vista 32-bit which comes with .NET 3.0. Please help.

I have big problems too, but as someone said, this patch is free :p - unless You bought an update, but that's so cheap... And full EE should work if 1.0 worked !This forum is not an official support of the game. Some people say, that they don't like the game so much to waste time on the errors - why whining then? Don't play for some time, until more solutions come out on forums.

ropable said:
Anybody got an MD5 checksum for a working copy of the TWEE_Upgrade exe? I've downloaded it and the English Language pack, installed it (seemed to happen fine), but the game crashes on initial load. I'm not convinced that the exe isn't corrupted.
Code:
d811cd48e0e0b159ae4ecf977055de5c *TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exef9802e7447bfb080e8f061d9acf47db5 *TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exe21e96ffd871db9797830313f5380271a *TWEE_English_language_pack.exe9ddbb3baf43c8a7236ce1c2e3c038249 *TWEE_Upgrade.exe

Removed all off-topic slander, keep on topic, this is a tech help forum not a rant about anything forum.
JablesKage said:
how the hell do you install the patches? i have followed the guide red gave the community, but it isnt working! so i downloaded both the upgrade and the language packs (both are the size they should be) and have attempted to install. then im prompted to register game which i do... again! then it says that the language pack associated with the upgrade cannot be found? WTF they are both in the witcher folder! please help!
Did you download the patch from the Polish site? If not, try that as this is the only officially supported source.Outside of that, Ensure that the files are all exe files and place them in the same (not necessarily the witcher) folder. Best in a separate folder. So you should have the Update (~930) and one language pack (the language you currently have in the game) and any additional languages you want. If you have the extra adventures, put them in the same folder as well. Then run the update file (not the other files). That's how it worked for me.Its certainly possible that your language pack download is corrupted so redownload that at least. In some cases you also will need to temporarily disable your firewall (or use the plain windows firewall) to update successfully.Hope that helps. :peace:

Top Bottom