Enjoying TW3 on Xbox One

+
Patches will solve issues (that's the point), but sometimes introduce a smaller number of new issues.
On balance these things will work themselves out and I've rarely regretted a patch whether optional or mandated.

Let's not turn this into a platform war, please. A post has been removed.

Thanks Kinley, I do hope that as the purpose of this thread is to be a friendly place for Xbox-buds together, that we will be fine.

Has anyone with the digital pre-order clicked on the game icon, only to get the (entirely expected) 'You are too early' message?
I don't know why I do it, maybe it's to reassure me that the game is still there ! :p

Super excited!!!! The wait isn't super big for me though, since I'm working on something for The Witcher Art Contest on facebook, lol

Thanks Kinley, I do hope that as the purpose of this thread is to be a friendly place for Xbox-buds together, that we will be fine.

Has anyone with the digital pre-order clicked on the game icon, only to get the (entirely expected) 'You are too early' message?
I don't know why I do it, maybe it's to reassure me that the game is still there ! :p

Well mine is still downloading....it´s at 39 percent....I doubt it will be ready tomorrow when I could play. My internet is really slow, about 1.5 mbit/s and Xbox Live Downloads take ages nowadays.

Gladly the pc version on GOG.com is already at 50 percent and is downloading much faster than the xbox version! ;)

Well mine is still downloading....it´s at 39 percent....I doubt it will be ready tomorrow when I could play. My internet is really slow, about 1.5 mbit/s and Xbox Live Downloads take ages nowadays.

Gladly the pc version on GOG.com is already at 50 percent and is downloading much faster than the xbox version! ;)

1mbit/s? i am dowloading at 100kb/s, your internet is very fast :D

Mine is done the download but obviously I'm still waiting for the unlock and go-live in about 6-7 hours (depending on who you talk to). Mine also has a star in the upper right of the icon which means the day 1 patch is active. I would have preferred to disable but a few graphical tweaks won't make or break my experience. Nor will some frame pacing issues hinder my experience. Launch can't come soon enough :D

Will be playing on Xbox One too, have the CE pre-ordered, but with my luck the postman will deliver it when I'm at work. Will probably receive it in the weekend then. :( Because of that, I pre-ordered the digital version as well. No, I don't have money to burn, I just want to play this game real bad! :)

Nice thread, by the way!

I thought the game would have a world wide release on all platforms, but the Xbox marketplace says it'll unlock at 12:01 UTC which is 3am in Finland, yet the countdown timer on gog.com ends in 8h40min - 2am my local time.
So does the Xbox launch it one hour later or am I being stupid somehow?
helvetin hyvä kysymys

One of the few things that bother me about the dynamic resolution is that apparently all of the open world adventuring was found to be 900p whereas menus and cutscenes render at 1080 along with possibly some indoor environments. I hope a near future patch further smooths things out and maybe gives us more outdoor time at 1080.

One of the few things that bother me about the dynamic resolution is that apparently all of the open world adventuring was found to be 900p whereas menus and cutscenes render at 1080 along with possibly some indoor environments. I hope a near future patch further smooths things out and maybe gives us more outdoor time at 1080.

Is that really noticeable on a TV?
Suppose it depends on TV size and seat distance...

if you want 1080p I don't understand why you get it for xbox one

Did you read the threads name?

Enjoying the game on Xbox One.
Enjoying the game on Xbox One

Your post clearly is not meant to bring any enjoyment to this discussion nor does it help others enjoy the game on Xbox One.

So, it will be appreciated if you could post more on topic and generally towards making the forums a bitter better place.

I think this is a well made point, the Xbox One is a good console but squeezing a few extra pixels out is better done elsewhere.
I'd be surprised if the difference was particularly noticeable,
so I recognise both sides and I plan to enjoy the game.

Last edited:
I sense a certain amount of twiddling thumbs going on :p

2 hours and counting for digital,
kind thoughts for the physical copy recipients.

Did you read the threads name?

Enjoying the game on Xbox One.

Your post clearly is not meant to bring any enjoyment to this discussion nor does it help others enjoy the game on Xbox One.

So, it will be appreciated if you could post more on topic and generally towards making the forums a bitter better place.

your reaction is truly beyond ridiculous. I'm merely making a point that also happens to be a fact and most of all it's a serious question that I wonder about.

How silly, I've played games many years, so launch times should not excite me.
Yet I feel unenthused to go do something else right now.

Are other people in Europe planning get a few minutes or an hour or two's play in before bed?
(patch download permitting)

---------- Post merged on 19-05-2015 at 07:06 AM ----------

I couldn't keep awake in the end and loaded up this morning.
I understand I missed a rather slow unlock.
Looks very pretty on XB1.

I think this is a well made point, the Xbox One is a good console but squeezing a few extra pixels out is better done elsewhere.
I'd be surprised if the difference was particularly noticeable,
so I recognise both sides and I plan to enjoy the game.
It isn't noticeably here, playing on a TV. The gameplay looks as sharp as the 1080p cinematics. Resolution is entirely irrelevant when this frame pacing issue is so obtrusive as to make the game unplayable. For me anyway. And it's a problem with both console versions.

I have friends enjoying this game on XB1 and PS4 as well! And myself, am enjoying it on PC. It seems like they hit a grandslam homerun here! This game looks amazing on all 3 platforms. I'm using an XB1 controller on PC and it feels very natural (I also played a bit with keyboard/mouse and that was smooth as well). For anyone on the fence, whatever platform you have or if you have all of them (like myself), you can't go wrong with choosing any from what I am reading, hearing, and experiencing myself!

Top Bottom