Epic Swamp - Or: Essenthy did it again

+
not really, i didnt touch cubemaps nor water reflection settings wich are in crypted ENV to begin with ( you can read them tho ), even if i wanted i cant edit the water settings in general

CEnvGlobalSkyParameters
CEnvDialogLightParameters
CEnvGlobalLightParameters
CEnvWaterParameters
CEnvSunAndMoonParameters
CEnvGlobalFogParameters
CEnvWindParameters
CEnvFlareColorParameters
CEnvToneMappingParameters
CEnvBloomNewParameters
CEnvDistanceRangeParameters
CEnvColorModTransparencyParameters
CEnvShadowsParameters
CEnvNVSSAOParameters
CEnvMSSSAOParameters
CEnvSharpenParameters
CEnvMotionBlurParameters
CEnvRadialBlurParameters
CEnvDepthOfFieldParameters

just to name a few of the classes that are used to set up the environment definitions

all of which are not scriptable.

Imagine if we had a proper env editor what we could do with these classes and and their variables. but instead CDPR (who know this, since this has been a topic of discussion since day 0). Give us only a mod tools "light" kit that doens't allow us to properly edit environment definitions. which leaves us with brute forcing around with the files to hack in some nice settings which are obviously possible, but currently not really editable to our full desire.

i don't see why this should be a problem and not be possible by CDPR? If we can mess up the game with some "shitty" unicorn horse texture replacement then why not let us mess around with the environment definitions? Really makes no sense to me why they would prohibitively stop us from editing these settings.

unfortunately so far we will not get the the better fog, the far draw distance, the better lighting, etc. in at the same time. since all these are spread in different definitions and cant be used together while still looking cool but also not without causing problems like mentioned by essenthy.

Last edited:
CEnvGlobalSkyParameters
CEnvWaterParameters
CEnvSunAndMoonParameters
CEnvGlobalFogParameters
CEnvWindParameters
CEnvFlareColorParameters
CEnvBloomNewParameters
CEnvShadowsParameters
CEnvNVSSAOParameters
CEnvMSSSAOParameters
CEnvSharpenParameters
CEnvMotionBlurParameters
CEnvRadialBlurParameters

just to name a few of the classes that are used to set up the environment definitions

Imagine if we had a proper env editor what we could do with these classes and and their variables. but instead CDPR (who know this, since this has been a topic of discussion since day 0). Give us only a mod tools "light" kit that doens't allow us to properly edit environment definitions. which leaves us with brute forcing around with the files to hack in some nice settings which are obviously possible, but currently not really editable to our full desire.

i don't see why this should be a problem and not be possible by CDPR? If we can mess up the game with some "shitty" unicorn horse texture replacement then why not let us mess around with the environment definitions? Really makes no sense to me why they would prohibitively stop us from editing these settings.

unfortunately so far we will not get the the better fog, the far draw distance, the better lighting, etc. in at the same time. since all these are spread in different definitions and cant be used together while still looking cool but also not without causing problems like mentioned by essenthy.

exactly, for example the swamp zone mod does not work with the new lighting mod, the env dosnt generate the fog when layered under a custom csv weather preset as you can see here :

csvs seems to have priority over anything thats under them like specific env for specific zone ( novigrad city, samp zone ect ... ), well not exactly priority but csvs seems to be the last layer

Last edited:
exactly, for example the swamp zone mod does not work with the new lighting mod, the env dosnt generate the fog when layered under a custom csv weather preset as you can see here :

csvs seems to have priority over anything thats under them like specific env for specific zone ( novigrad city, samp zone ect ... ), well not exactly priority but csvs seems to be the last layer

It's a damn shame they cant all work together, but that lighting is incredible at least....makes the game look a ton better.

@essenthy and @KNGRSM you guys are both bringing back the E3 2014 and heck even a bit of E3 2013 look back with your mods. Keep up the awsm work. CDPR needs to unlock those other environmental parameters as well.

Last edited:

Guest 2364765

CEnvGlobalSkyParameters
CEnvWaterParameters
CEnvSunAndMoonParameters
CEnvGlobalFogParameters
CEnvWindParameters
CEnvFlareColorParameters
CEnvBloomNewParameters
CEnvShadowsParameters
CEnvNVSSAOParameters
CEnvMSSSAOParameters
CEnvSharpenParameters
CEnvMotionBlurParameters
CEnvRadialBlurParameters

Yeah by the looks of it, it appears as if there's no scriptable control over the environments other than applying existing presets.
World class has environmentParameters function, but it actually only returns existing parameters, rather than allowing to input new ones.

Though for eg. Game class has SetEnvironmentID( id : Int32); Which i assume would be very simplistic way of loading existing presets.

You guys are fucking amazing. Thank you so much for your hard work and effort. The lighting and draw distance were my biggest gripes (visually) with the game, I appreciate you doing this SO SO SO much. It'll be released, right?

Last edited:

Probly not going to be a very popular line of thought...

But it makes me wonder if there could have possibly been a preemptive, pre-launch (or even pre-development) understanding, in nefarious accordance with certain governing parties, and containing merely rudimentary conditions of agreement, that the possibility of a fully featured editor as above and the resultant wonderful creations that could be achieved, would, in the eyes of those not benefiting, be seen as a tipping of the scales too far in the fiscal favor of only one third of the user base for this game of the year worthy title...

Probly not going to be a very popular line of thought...

But it makes me wonder if there could have possibly been a preemptive, pre-launch (or even pre-development) understanding, in nefarious accordance with certain governing parties, and containing merely rudimentary conditions of agreement, that the possibility of a fully featured editor as above and the resultant wonderful creations that could be achieved, would, in the eyes of those not benefiting, be seen as a tipping of the scales too far in the fiscal favor of only one third of the user base for this game of the year worthy title...

Kudos on that political/diplomatic post but take it from me - last time I expressed something like this (though not in as nearly as eloquent manner) I got banned for a whole month.

Getting back to the topic, THANKS a BUNCH to @essenthyand@KNGRSM, you guys have managed to create some truly breathtaking work and against all odds. I hope CDPR seeing that so much can be achived with so little will release a full-blown REDKit for TW3 so that more juicy features could be implemented back in the game.

Last edited:

That is exactly my thought. As it has been said before by many others, though not so elegantly, those certain two parties and their members would not be so happy if the other superior of those three parties had the superiority on all fronts while the other two did not.

Last edited:

7/10.
Little sloppy, some of the adjectives felt forced, would read again.

Hopefully KNG/Essenthy you guys can work out any issues you're having, or at least as many as possible, and still deliver something damn cool. It's sad to hear your incredible work is being made incredibly difficult because of current modding restrictions, but eh, if CDPR aren't willing to push the kit further, or deliver the full Redkit, can't do much beyond what is possible, and you guys are still achieving wonderful things with those limitations.

Also, are you guys intending on releasing lots of lighting edits separately? Or just one big package? Like will it perhaps be possible to combine your original Swamp Lighting Mod, with the View Distance Mod (When it's finished/released)? (Or is the View Distance Mod combined into your New Lighting Mod? Because if so then I guess you've already answered that one in your previous post).

Last edited:
7/10.
Little sloppy, some of the adjectives felt forced, would read again.

Hopefully KNG/Essenthy you guys can work out any issues you're having, or at least as many as possible, and still deliver something damn cool. It's sad to hear your incredible work is being made incredibly difficult because of current modding restrictions, but eh, if CDPR aren't willing to push the kit further, or deliver the full Redkit, can't do much beyond what is possible, and you guys are still achieving wonderful things with those limitations.

Also, are you guys intending on releasing lots of lighting edits separately? Or just one big package? Like will it perhaps be possible to combine your original Swamp Lighting Mod, with the View Distance Mod (When it's finished/released)? (Or is the View Distance Mod combined into your New Lighting Mod? Because if so then I guess you've already answered that one in your previous post).

maybe , cause it feel cheap to make many version of the same thing at the end ( trying to get something close to e3 2014 ) by brute forcing and hacking files when you know you could just edit the env's if you had the right tool, for example the new light mod lack AO on grass and in shadowed areas

trying to get something close to e3 2014

Ah well if that's your goal, then that's totally understandable to not worry about split mods. Also could make things dreadfully confusing with installations and different people coming across different problems for wildly different reasons.

Again, it's frustrating to hear you guys running into problems with no easy solution because the lack of tools, but if it makes things any better, know you guys have tons of respect already from many folk around here. I think even if a few little issues remain (Like Sunshafts or w/e), people will be bloody happy regardless, as its shaping up damn nicely.

Keep up the great work!

Yeah I could live without lightshafts and even AO if it meant having that kind of lighting and distance detail.

Also, do you think you could pull this off for interiors aswell (you mentioned they're still flat/default)? And how does it look during night time?

Thanks again for all your effort.

Last edited:
Ah well if that's your goal, then that's totally understandable to not worry about split mods. Also could make things dreadfully confusing with installations and different people coming across different problems for wildly different reasons.

Again, it's frustrating to hear you guys running into problems with no easy solution because the lack of tools, but if it makes things any better, know you guys have tons of respect already from many folk around here. I think even if a few little issues remain (Like Sunshafts or w/e), people will be bloody happy regardless, as its shaping up damn nicely.

Keep up the great work!

i wouldnt go as far as to say E3 2014 demo was the goal, its more like a medium, an example of how the game can look when pushed to the limits, the mod happen to look a bit like it so its a good example to look at, we know 2013 stuff is totally out of reach as the engine/art direction changed too much, so we're left with E3 2014 as a medium

thanks to everyone on the forums for the kind words, its really appreciated and motivate me to continue

@TheWotcher : yeah i already modified most of novigrad interiors, its hard to say if they look better , because interiors are more sublte and subject to taste

Last edited:
Will you release your lighting mods even if you not be able to force them to work perfect?

Last edited:
i wouldnt go as far as to say E3 2014 demo was the goal, its more like a medium, an example of how the game can look when pushed to the limits, the mod happen to look a bit like it so its a good example to look at, we know 2013 stuff is totally out of reach as the engine/art direction changed too much, so we're left with E3 2014 as a medium

thanks to everyone on the forums for the kind words, its really appreciated and motivate me to continue

@TheWotcher : yeah i already modified most of novigrad interiors, its hard to say if they look better , because interiors are more sublte and subject to taste

Awesome, I can't wait to see how everything looks when you're done.

I actually prefer how the game looked like in 2014 than in 2013 (lighting and colors) to be honest, so this sounds great. And it works everywhere, right? Even in White Orchard? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions!

yes, maybe tomorrow , cause i still havnt applied it everywhere, and KNG have to make the scripts, i still want to test some stuff today

Okay. Thank you for your answer. And for your awesome work too. You made this game even more beautiful than it was before. Keep working and good luck!

Top Bottom