Epic Swamp - Or: Essenthy did it again

+
Looking at the amazing art of W3 I find it exceptionally hard to believe the horrid fog was an artistic choice. I mean, who would even... god why?
:facepalm2:

It is. Because it actually exist in the real life.

But only with a certain kind of weather. It would be good if that is dynamic, but it isn't.

It is. Because it actually exist in the real life.

But only with a certain kind of weather. It would be good if that is dynamic, but it isn't.

i agree, the use of the blue fog can be a nice effect and helps to add even more deph, but it was used WAAAAY too much in the current build :eek:

so yeah guys, it was an artistic choice, not BS :p
(and guys behave, or we might get this thread locked >.< )

it makes it look like things are further away than they actually are, giving the map an even bigger feeling....

People should look out of their windows more often. Everybody should know that this effect really exists.

Whatsoever, I cannot wait for progress in Essenthy's work. :)

There's no doubt the blue fog exists, but it doesn't exist everywhere. Which is why I'd love to see a mod that has different lighting for each region :)

There's no doubt the blue fog exists, but it doesn't exist everywhere. Which is why I'd love to see a mod that has different lighting for each region :)

Yes, the problem is not that the game has blue fog but rather the lack of lighting and draw distance variation. Especially since the game apparently is packed with interesting lighting definitions that aren't really used.

But as long as they are brought back, either by mods or even officially I will be perfectly happy. :)

Yes, the problem is not that the game has blue fog but rather the lack of lighting and draw distance variation. Especially since the game apparently is packed with interesting lighting definitions that aren't really used.

But as long as they are brought back, either by mods or even officially I will be perfectly happy. :)

Yes, the problem is not the blue fog, but how close it is.

Comparing to my photo took earlier

...the fog on the mountain is legit (even to hide the flaws of the LOD and texturing). But it shouldn't be on the trees.

Last edited:
I would say Skellige is in the most need of getting rid of the fog, it's way to strong and makes skellige feel very closed of :/

I'd like to report a bug of the swamp lighting mod... as soon as it starts raining the fog disappears and doesn't show up anymore. I think that may also be the reason why in some instances/save games the mod doesn't work.... there is something in the engine/weather files of the vanilla game which overwrites the effect of the mod.

Top Bottom