[EPILOGUE] Ending cutscene / cinematic discussion

+
SoulWraith753 said:
SoulWraith753 said:
SoulWraith753 said:
Aww I wasn't being mean, I was just being silly ^^
Nice try.
And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you darn kids and that metalling dog!
I think u wanted to say "meddling" not metalling..... ;D ;D ;D see how u can easily make mistakes.....meddling=interfering if u didn't know ;)

Thaler said:
Thaler said:
Well, why keep things simple, when we can make them complicated :)I think GM is GM and Alvin is Alvin, author just pust the necklake to start discussion like this one :)
Let me guess, you like Country music, Ford automobiles, and uncomplicated movies? ;D
Let me guess, you think there is a Masons' world conspiracy, fluoride in toothpaste kills our brain cells and president Bush is a non-human mutant.OK, it was quite rude of you, especially beause I don't like country music, cars and easy movies.Why do you think, that only because something is complicated, it has to be true? The basic rule says, that until something is proven without doubt, it is only a speculation.My theory is, that the authors needed to add something "unclear" to the end of the game.

SoulWraith753 said:
SoulWraith753 said:
Well, why keep things simple, when we can make them complicated :)I think GM is GM and Alvin is Alvin, author just pust the necklake to start discussion like this one :)And the assassin. Well, it could be aither a rogue witcher or a product of unauthorized mutation :) BUt I don't think it is a witcher, they don't fight with two weapons, do they?
Whats a necklake?... ???
You know I mean necklace, this is only a typing error. One has a different opinion then you and you have to insult me. Just great. Gotta move to the Czech forum.

Biges said:
Biges said:
Biges said:
Well, why keep things simple, when we can make them complicated :)I think GM is GM and Alvin is Alvin, author just pust the necklake to start discussion like this one :)And the assassin. Well, it could be aither a rogue witcher or a product of unauthorized mutation :) BUt I don't think it is a witcher, they don't fight with two weapons, do they?
Whats a necklake?... ???
You know I mean necklace, this is only a typing error. One has a different opinion then you and you have to insult me. Just great. Gotta move to the Czech forum.
Holy crap I was only joking, why does everyone think I was trying to be mean? Everyone makes typos, especially me! :-\

Biges said:
Let me guess, you think there is a Masons' world conspiracy, fluoride in toothpaste kills our brain cells and president Bush is a non-human mutant.
Well, just the part about George Bush. :D

SoulWraith753 said:
SoulWraith753 said:
SoulWraith753 said:
SoulWraith753 said:
Whats a necklake?... ???
Holy crap I was only joking, why does everyone think I was trying to be mean? Everyone makes typos, especially me! :-\
OK, sometimes I'm not in a good mood :)

Thaler said:
Thaler said:
Let me guess, you think there is a Masons' world conspiracy, fluoride in toothpaste kills our brain cells and president Bush is a non-human mutant.
Well, just the part about George Bush. :D
Yeah, this part is a bit weak, beacause.. George is... welk... he actually looks strange :)Anyway, I'm sure we get more hints about Alvin and all others in the Enhanced edition.

Biges said:
Anyway, I'm sure we get more hints about Alvin and all others in the Enhanced edition.
True, with all the new voice-overs, etc, it would be great to get more hints in the EE.

Quote from: Biges on April 01, 2008, 11:38:23 pmLet me guess, you think there is a Masons' world conspiracy, fluoride in toothpaste kills our brain cells and president Bush is a non-human mutant.Well, just the part about George Bush.
;D That made me giggle. Thanks for starting my day with a smile!

I have not read the books yet, so forgive me if this is contrary to the story. Remember the Witcher's secrets were stolen and in the possession of some obviously unsavory character / organization for what seemed to be a long time, or at least enough time to do some experimentation with them. I think the assassin is NOT another witcher but rather a mutation, the result of an experiment, as Slyster said.Witcher II.... I can hardly wait!

op contradicts himself.So it's ok for Geralt to miraculously be killed in some paralell dimension by himself yet still exist in reality but if Alvin is killed in similar circumstances he will cease to exist.Make up your mind.

As I understand it well, Alvin = GM involves time travelling, yes? It is always a too complicated matter.It would mean, that Alvin would travel to the time he was even born. And that is too much for someone sober :)

Daryl said:
Finished the game, and got to say, loved every bit of it! ;D Would just like to discuss the game, or to be more specific, the last cutscene in the game. I had read similiar topics on other sites, read what other people had to say, and I just wanted to voice out my own opinion and see what you guys think of it ;)Right, my two main points are that :- The Grandmaster is actually Alvin.- The assassin in the ending fmv is actually Geralt.Think about it, the grandmaster acts like he knew Geralt for a long time when he first saw him, and said that he had repaid Geralt's debt in Act 5 in the swamp, and this hints that he is talking about when Geralt saved Alvin back in Act 1.Triss mentioned that Alvin might have teleported to another place or time when the elves are fighting in that village in chapter 4. (more below)The Grandmaster did try to change Geralt's mind until the very end in the epilogue, instead of blasting Geralt back to witcher school when Geralt meets him in the final battle.And, the last, and most obvious hint is when Geralt pointed out about the amulet that the Grandmaster wore is similiar to Alvin's, just that it had seen its years. AND, the fact that Geralt mentioned that Jacques might not be the grandmaster's real name.As for how could Geralt be killing himself in the last fmv, read on :My theory is this:During the course of the game, we are told that Geralt was killed by a pitchfork. I don't know about you guys, but i refuse to believe that the freaking white wolf can get killed by an angry mob. It's almost as bad as saying that Geralt died choking on a blueberry. Or a chicken sandwich.So, I think that the person who actually wounded, and almost killed Geralt was actually the Alvin/Grandmaster that was in the future, right before Geralt deals the finishing blow at the last part of the game. (More on that later) This Future Alvin took Assassin Geralt away from the scene afterwards, hence explaining the disappearing body. Now, Geralt don't know who Alvin was at that point, but the fact that Alvin saved Geralt must have put him on Geralt's good book.During the 5 years that continued, Alvin then taught Geralt how to manipulate his dormant witcher powers, and also tell him about the his own ideal, and the coming of the ice age. Geralt must have decided to side with Alvin after hearing these words. Thus, Alvin sent Geralt to the future to kill the King, and Alvin will then teleport assassin Geralt away just before Geralt kills assassin Geralt to the start of the game where he has amnesia. (More on this later as well) Now, why doesn't Alvin just kill the king himself, or send Geralt to assassinate the king there and then? It's because he needs Geralt to die and lose his memory, so he would meet up with the young Alvin in the village in Chapter 1. If Geralt didn't appear, Alvin would have died, and thus his future self will cease to exist. So, what's the point of sending Geralt to the future if Alvin knows Geralt will be killed by Geralt? It was Alvin's one chance, for Geralt to kill the king before the other Geralt kills him. If Geralt was fated to die there, he surely will, but if he managed to kill the king before he dies, the outcome of the battle will change.Think of it like that:Geralt killed the king just before he died. Future Alvin teleports wounded Geralt to start of the game. This leads to the event where Geralt saves Alvin. Forward to the end of the game, where Geralt is about to deal the finishing blow to Alvin. Who appears? The King of the Wild Hunt. (cough Sauron ripoff cough) As you remember, he wanted to take Alvin away. This means that Alvin must had struck a deal with the Wild Hunt to save himself from Geralt before he dies. (Normally, if assassin Geralt fails to kill the king, he will just teleport himself to save the assassin Geralt and take him to the start of the game.) As Alvin knows that the king is dead, he will then appear with his army to take over Temeria . (He can just time travel to that particular point.)HOWEVER, against all odds, Geralt kills the King of the Wild Hunt (Fire spells FTW ;D) and finishes Alvin off before he can do anything. This made history go in a set direction, with the inevitable coming of the ice age if Alvin's prediction was right. And then you see the ending, with Geralt killing the assassin Geralt, who came to kill the king. This time, Alvin wasn't there to save Geralt, and so the infinite time loop ends. Well, this is my take on the story.. What'd you guys think? ;)
There is absolutely no way the assassin at the end is Geralt, how the fuck would he be able to kill himself? This isn't the Terminator movie you know!

petestar1969 said:
There is absolutely no way the assassin at the end is Geralt, how the f**k would he be able to kill himself? This isn't the Terminator movie you know!
You are, of course, right.I think it is clear Geralt was schocked because the man was assassin, but also a being with witcher's mutations. Therefore, there is someone, who mastered the mutation process much better then the GM and gave such man absolutelly different training.To make it clear, it is PRELUDE FOR POTENTIONAL EXPANSION. A new threat or so. But I actually doubt it will be used, it would be repetitive :)

I have another opinion about the assasin. maybe radovid sent him. Remember what foltest said "half the country once i kick the bucket."and the assasin maybe a salamander because radovid said i wanted to use them as political leverage and why does he want to marry adda because of her beauty? don't think so he can easily find another princess with such a beauty and he wouldn't need to worry about if the princess he found could "carry healthy human children" and another thing i noticed the assasin mostly uses his left hand for defence. know a left handed witcher? well a normal people does that too but with a shield. if you only carry a one handed sword you'll use your right hand for defence if you carry a two hander you use both of them. i wonder which hand a people uses when carrying 2 swords.is it normal to use his left hand for defence while carrying two swords?? ???

Don't really get your reasoning concerning the assassin and Radovid. ???Radovid marries Adda because of politics, plain and simple. When Foltest dies Radovid and Adda will be the rulers of both countries, possibly uniting them and their children will rule a bigger country than their predecessors. If that's not enough of a reason for a marriage, what is? Killing Foltest serves no purpose for Radovid, other than getting to the throne sooner, which may be convenient, not ... of any real use. Leave the picking up the pieces to Foltest.

nonentity said:
Don't really get your reasoning concerning the assassin and Radovid. ???Radovid marries Adda because of politics, plain and simple. When Foltest dies Radovid and Adda will be the rulers of both countries, possibly uniting them and their children will rule a bigger country than their predecessors. If that's not enough of a reason for a marriage, what is? Killing Foltest serves no purpose for Radovid, other than getting to the throne sooner, which may be convenient, not ... of any real use. Leave the picking up the pieces to Foltest.
İ understand now. thanks

Also, I think we all know that the Assassin is, once again, Alvin. Since the child Alvin was being influenced by the adult Alvin's doings, this means there is possibly another Alvin in existence. Given the Source's abilities to jump alternate dimensions/planes, there can be any number of Alvins still alive. Also, given Alvin's fascination with becoming a witcher, and the adult Alvin's masterminded plots to steal mutation secrets, it is not farfetched that he may have perfected the process at another date, or in a different time.In spite of whether you believe all that. It is undeniable that the Alvin you meet at the end could not have been the same Alvin as there originally was in the beginning (of his life, not in the game. In a sense there are 3 alvins. Original, child, and adult.). Reason being there is still a time frame. The first Alvin had to have masterminded the slaughtering of nonhumans and the creation of mutated protectorates before the Alvin-child we meet in game existed. Otherwise he could not have influenced himself to create the same plan based on the Witcher's teachings--which would mean the events that caused Alvin to ask the life changing questions to Geralt would never have occurred.By the way, I really don't believe any of that. GM is Alvin. Assassin is from another witcher school. Intrigue, drama, Witcher 2. :p

Top Bottom