FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, most everyone wants the ability to choose. Just because a lot of people are Speaking so highly of having 3rd person, they don't want to remove your ability of having 1st.

My only worry with that is that they have crafted the world for FPP and the devs have talked about designing the world to feel cramped (claustrophobic) and populated (also with the vertical game play). Wouldn't that need to change to accommodate TPP?

Guys I want to clear these right off my chest

1.cyberpunk 2077 gameplay will be shown at gamescom August In Germany, for this watch the hacking trailer in Xbox conference you'll see gk_wip which means gamecom koelnmesse work in progress

2 cd project red has intentions of introducing multiplayer in the game ,this was a decision taken by the CEO adam kicinski and internal staff for reference check Yong yea's videos and also check Geoff keighly's interview where they saynothing is out of water and they may implement multiplayer in future....before you say anything I did follow CDPR for a long time, but couldn't arrange the pieces due to my judgement being clouded by fanboyism....
Nevertheless, it's out there so please be careful with preorders and tame your hype..
Multiplayer may be the reason why they may be soo adamant of not introducing tpp...just be vigilant that's the least we can do...

My only worry with that is that they have crafted the world for FPP and the devs have talked about designing the world to feel cramped (claustrophobic) and populated (also with the vertical game play). Wouldn't that need to change to accommodate TPP?

Not really, It's all up to camera placement.

1.cyberpunk 2077 gameplay will be shown at gamescom August In Germany, for this watch the hacking trailer in Xbox conference you'll see gk_wip which means gamecom koelnmesse work in progress

2 cd project red has intentions of introducing multiplayer in the game ,this was a decision taken by the CEO adam kicinski and internal staff for reference check Yong yea's videos and also check Geoff keighly's interview where they saynothing is out of water and they may implement multiplayer in future....before you say anything I did follow CDPR for a long time, but couldn't arrange the pieces due to my judgement being clouded by fanboyism....
Nevertheless, it's out there so please be careful with preorders and tame your hype..
Multiplayer may be the reason why they may be soo adamant of not introducing tpp...just be vigilant that's we can do...

Well then its not like our characters have no walking (etc) animations so they can indeed put TPP in if thats the case.

You know, after consideration... I’m glad they chose one perspective. Well done. Now the gameplay can be finetuned specifically for that without compromises. RPG mechanics and their impact included (maybe even finetunable through difficulty settings).

The only thing I need anymore is the knowledge that they will double down on the ”not-FPS” claim and that even where combat is concerned, I can play it like was an RPG where characterbuild makes a big difference in it not playing like a halfwit FPS grinder it’s made to sound like (what with magical damage increments to bullets from weird sources, healthbars and levels to grind through, twitch-twitch adhd combat, etc).

Not really, It's all up to camera placement.

I don't know much about it from a technical point, so you could be right! Honestly, as long as I get a kick ass game I don't care either way. Just trying to say there may be more to it than the devs just not "wanting" to do it.

Guest 3573786

Multiplayer may be the reason why they may be soo adamant of not introducing tpp...just be vigilant that's the least we can do...
Damn, I should stop reading this thread. It's just one kick in the b***s after another. :cry:

Well then its not like our characters have no walking (etc) animations so they can indeed put TPP in if thats the case.
Tpp/fpp for the game,fpp for multiplayer that'll be a mess...choosing anyone either tpp/fpp is ideal so it is not hard to think what they would have gone with,( fpp of course )

honestly, that's a great question, if the trailer is any indication of the cramped-ness it looks feasibly open in a lot of areas with the streets, outskirts, indoor places too. that's just a small slice of what the game is going to be like though, and they can see the full picture.

If they can't (or won't) make 3rd person perspective a reality, than i wish that they would really let us know all of the reasoning.

I have never posted on this forum since I registered years ago, but I have been following the game elsewhere.

Because of this disappointing announcement of first person only, I logged in to vote and voice my opinion of wanting third person view. I hope every voice counts and if there are enough people making noise, they might reconsider and spend the time to implement a TPP.

Afterall, my view has always been that if Bethesda did it, CDPR could do it, and do it better. Perspective options is just one of those things.

I don't know much about it from a technical point, so you could be right! Honestly, as long as I get a kick ass game I don't care either way. Just trying to say there may be more to it than the devs just not "wanting" to do it.

Yea, I'm sure there are a lot more reasons than just not wanting to, but we don't know them. Until we do we will ask for TPP, and hold out hope.

Yep, Gamescom seems like the right place to show gameplay.

And yep, multiplayer will be in at some point, but we don't know when or what form it will take. Doesn't make much sense to develop it alongside the SP game (split resources), so it will most likely arrive post-launch like GTA Online did, so it can get CDPR's full attention.

You need to remember the witcher,gta,ghost recon and the division are horizontal game worlds built across cyberpunk is built vertically it has more in common with dying light and mirrors edge upwards gameplay thats why fpp was chosen you can't just put a third person camera in if mechanics like parkour and gunplay are built from the ground up for fpp gameplay its not possible.

I suppose, like many others, I wrongly assumed it'd be a third person view. It should be a 1st/3rd toggle at the very least. I've always enjoyed the Deus Ex line - but every time I played thru one I couldnt help but think how cool it'd be to play in third person.

I understand their idea that 1stP puts you closer to the action - but they have to remember - 3rdP puts you closer to your character - and in a gameworld that values style and looks (almost) above all else - well, choosing first person only seems like a mistake. Also have to consider how many roleplayers will be wanting to play this and damn if we dont like to be able to visualize our characters ;)

Personally I'm not against FP, especially when I'm shooting at something. For me it feels more natural to shoot guns in FP.

However, I enjoyed the TP in the WH series a lot as well. The combat, Geralt himself, the environment, the dialogs, etc. just look/play so much better in TH (not like we have FP in vanilla WH series but here I'm comparing it to my other gaming experiences).

I understand that in Cyberpunk 2077 there will be much more shooting involved than it is in the WH series and it makes sense to have FP. BUT this is an RPG game tho...

CDPR loves to make bold moves and I really appreciate that. There's gotta be a reason why they want to make it FP. I think CDPR should either convince us with some gameplay footage or maybe have both the options be available to us (I don't care how long it will take I will wait for it and I will preorder it the day it comes out :) ).

Hope this helps :)

You need to remember the witcher,gta,ghost recon and the division are horizontal game worlds built across cyberpunk is built vertically it has more in common with dying light and mirrors edge upwards gameplay thats why fpp was chosen you can't just put a third person camera in if mechanics like parkour and gunplay are built from the ground up for fpp gameplay its not possible.

Assassin's Creed.

Assassin's creed was built from the ground up to be a 3rd person game stick a first person camera in that and it wouldn't work reverse design of cyberpunk.

3rd person via a drone. That way it can be shot down. Shouldn't be able to see around corners or over obstacles without sticking your head out of cover.

Totally can be done, hell the new Spiderman has vertical gameplay. It's all in how you do it. Camera placement is key. Going third person vs first is more up to the combat/immersion your trying to do, it's more on personal preference than anything imo.

Edit due to spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom