FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys jus wanna say that in light of recent events im gunna b selling the substantial amount of stocks i had in ur company, so disappoint with the new enforcd fpp mode , sry guys no hard feelings but u just pissed in the face of like 70% of your fans an i doubt ull last till the end of year.

ur shares gonna be bear mode for a long time now and theres nuthin u can do to stop it, sry guys. maybe dont be so lazy next time.

peace out.

People for TPP don't want first person removed. They want the option to choose FP or TP for various reasons.

We've followed the game for a while and I think waiting for a TPP would be acceptable if they were open and honest about development

Playing devil's advocate, but what good reason would there be for people who don't care or who want FPP to be forced to wait for god-knows-how-long for TPP to be implemented?

Not to mention, it's probably not as simple as "just having the option." Cutscenes and entire gameplay sequences seem designed around FPP (not every cutscene will be FPP, of course, but some -- maybe most? -- are) to some degree. Lot of reworking to do if they went that route.

Tell someone to ask them "the relevant questions" (no, not about perspectives or motion sickness). Few right words, and the thread I'm currently hanging on will turn into a chain.
We should compile a personal list of questions that we want CDPR to be asked. I hang out in Madqueen's discord a lot, maybe she could field a few of them for us. She's much more chatty with her community than other journalists. All the interviews we've seen so far rehash the same damn information, and ask the same questions.

People for TPP don't want first person removed. They want the option to choose FP or TP for various reasons.

We've followed the game for a while and I think waiting for a TPP would be acceptable if they were open and honest about development
This, I don't want to take away FPP from those who love it, I'd just like an option for those who either prefer it for aesthetic reasons or those like myself, who don't really have a choice.

TO quote the above article:

"Listen, I’ve played a lot of video games in my life. Almost 30 years of them at this point. I know what a “city” looks like in video games, and I’ve watched that definition evolve over the years. I remember when Morrowind’s towns seemed bustling, and Oblivion after that. I remember watching a trailer for the original Assassin’s Creed and being stunned how large and crowded it was. I remember driving around Grand Theft Auto V and being in awe of the traffic and the number of unique pedestrians.

So I’m deadly serious when I say: I didn’t think Night City was possible. Not yet, at least. I literally didn’t think the technology existed. What I saw during CD Projekt’s demo was astounding."

"What I saw during CD Projekt’s demo was astounding."

People. Let's be EXCITED

I understand that you have a job to do and an assignment from CD Projekt Red, but man, forums and free speech don't work that way. You can't just expect smiles on every single one of your decisions. The title of this forum is 'FP VS TP - PERSPECTIVE MATTERS', and it's bound to generate some controversy and disagreement. Heck, if you said 'Vanilla VS Chocolate' you'd get people on both sides of the fence lobbing ice-cream cones at each other.

Not everyone is going to smile and go with the flow, because we all have different opinions, and we should politely agree to disagree rather than covering our ears to criticism that we don't like and trying to retreat into our own shells.

Full disclosure: I get motion sickness when I play FPP games.

I don't doubt the game will be high quality, nobody here as far as I can see doubt that, the issue here to use a metaphor is that they are serving a high quality meal that some people are allergic to (motion sickness) or simply do not like as per their own personal taste (prefer TP).
Pretty much this. We're more or less discussing which variety of masterpiece we'd like to play. If anything, people are so invested in this debate BECAUSE we know it'll be a great game. It'd therefore be a shame if they go and nail a more limited range of gameplay, knowing what could've been.

To oversimplify the whole thing...from a gameplay perspective, I really just want to watch the character I spent way too much time creating do sick blade combos.

Guest 4311839

This lack of option (yes, i just ask for a choice here, nothing more, even if animations are bad, even if the gameplay is lacking, i just want to have the possibility to play it) just mean 17% of players will not be able to buy their game. It'll hurt their sale, not much but it will, and it'll hurt their rep in the long term...
Well many people dont like fantasy rpg's so it hurt them already. Also what about people who don't want to play mature content. And sorry releasing fps without option to change perspective is no risk it might be gain much more new players because fps genre kinda always did all right. Would option had been cool yes of course. Nobody cant please everybody its new game its not Witcher and they never stated they will only make 3rd person rpg's and they didnt sad Cyberpunk will be TPP or TPP/FPP and fuck even they would have sad it long time ago. Games are not check boxes its creative process unless you pumping COD with same formula every year. Yes you can ask for option but if they will just put it with no effort it would actually hurt thier rep because there would be players who would check TTP and would be why is this in game? You cant aim and camera is stuck. And afters this "backslash" somebody probably will mod this choice.

To oversimplify the whole thing...from a gameplay perspective, I really just want to watch the character I spent way too much time creating do sick blade combos.
Was melee combat ever promised to have some sort of combos or being deep ore this is another i hoped for? Yeah i would also want doom/dmc style games with deep rpg elements great story immersive open world and option to play online with 200 people.

People. Let's be EXCITED

Except all you've done is rub salt in the wound for those of us who physically can't play. Sorta like standing in a desert and enjoying a nice, cold drink while others are left to watch you quench your thirst. Thanks for that, I guess?
8.gif

We should compile a personal list of questions that we want CDPR to be asked. I hang out in Madqueen's discord a lot, maybe she could field a few of them for us. She's much more chatty with her community than other journalists. All the interviews we've seen so far rehash the same damn information, and ask the same questions.

I think I might have a few that I'm wondering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_sickness

Roughly one third of the population are highly susceptible to motion sickness and most of the rest may get motion sickness under extreme conditions

That's not a proof of anything, where do these numbers come from and how do they apply to gaming?

I, for instance, don't suffer from motion sickness in gaming. But, I can experience it if I read in a moving car for example.

• RED Point
Reactions: Fuz
Pretty much this. We're more or less discussing which variety of masterpiece we'd like to play. If anything, people are so invested in this debate BECAUSE we know it'll be a great game. It'd therefore be a shame if they go and nail a more limited range of gameplay, knowing what could've been.

Well stated. If people weren't as emotionally invested as they were, then they wouldn't be here. Everyone who is in here, commenting in this thread, is likely in the top-1% of CDPR's most dedicated fanbase.

We are the elite. The best of the best.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_sickness

Roughly one third of the population are highly susceptible to motion sickness and most of the rest may get motion sickness under extreme conditions
Full quote on susceptability:
Roughly one third of the population are highly susceptible to motion sickness and most of the rest may get motion sickness under extreme conditions. Several factors influence susceptibility to motion sickness. Statistics indicate that women are more likely to be affected than men and that the risk decreases with advancing age. There is some evidence that people with Asian ancestry get motion sickness more frequently compared with people of European ancestry, and there are situational and behavioral factors, such as whether a passenger has a view of the road ahead, and diet and eating behavior.

The Asian part is actually quite interesting. Come to think of it, you never really see all that many Japanese first-person games, do you? I wonder if this might affect the market value of the game in Asian countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom