FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about the perspective if the gameplay is all around (combat and otherwise) properly RPG with it. Here it sounds like it isn't, really.

I don't care about the perspective if the gameplay is all around (combat and otherwise) properly RPG with it. Here it sounds like it isn't, really.

Give them a chance to show what they have.

But, yes, I realise that this sounds more like action than turn based.

Okay, folks, let's all calm down.

For those of you who simply strongly preferred having TPP (or the option), CDPR is NOT slapping you in the face. They do not owe you anything except a good game that is worth your money. If you do not like a design decision they made, that's fine, and I encourage you to tell them about it. But stop throwing around the "slap in the face" term. It's silly, and it doesn't help anybody, least of all you.

Is CDPR more likely to listen to somebody who is capable of -- even when they are extremely frustrated -- expressing their thoughts in a coherent way, or somebody who says they're being "disrespected" somehow? I've been on these forums almost daily for years and I'm doing just fine.

For those of us who have motion sickness, the news that it will be FPP only is super sucky and probably a deal breaker, but I'm holding out hope. Wide FOV, or perhaps robust mod support could both solve the problem for me. I'm keeping an open mind, and I encourage you all to do the same.

Tha
Okay, folks, let's all calm down.

For those of you who simply strongly preferred having TPP (or the option), CDPR is NOT slapping you in the face. They do not owe you anything except a good game that is worth your money. If you do not like a design decision they made, that's fine, and I encourage you to tell them about it. But stop throwing around the "slap in the face" term. It's silly, and it doesn't help anybody, least of all you.

Is CDPR more likely to listen to somebody who is capable of -- even when they are extremely frustrated -- expressing their thoughts in a coherent way, or somebody who says they're being "disrespected" somehow? I've been on these forums almost daily for years and I'm doing just fine.

For those of us who have motion sickness, the news that it will be FPP only is super sucky and probably a deal breaker, but I'm holding out hope. Wide FOV, or perhaps robust mod support could both solve the problem for me. I'm keeping an open mind, and I encourage you all to do the same.

That’s a good way of thinking but as good a developer as them you wouldn’t think they’d limit any player. It NEEDS a third person option. Even if it’s first person combat all the time and Third person driving and walking around. Third person options are needed.

For me role playing game its all about how you immerse with the main character. Why i love geralt is because i really like to see how he react to every moment, quest. And all of those cannt you get on first person.

But hey, let them show what they got for now..

If any game needed 3rd person for the aesthetics this was it. By far most prefer it. This is a bit of a middle finger to your fan base you know, especially when going on how it helps immersion. Leave what get's people into a game up to them, they know what works, we played a few games you know. Anyway, big downer for me at least as I now could care less for customization that shows up here and there in a cut scene. Meh, my few cents.

So first off thanks for making this thread OP. I agree though third person is definitely the way to go I understand that they built the game around 1st person but please give us the option of third person. It only makes sense you have a character creator for god sakes. I do believe CDPR will see the fans wanting this feature and add it before release though. Also lets not let this thread die out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom