FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This people say that know about
but you WERENT.

I'll keep quoting it because you seem to have trouble remembering what you wrote.

That said, whether it's an RPG or a shooter, that doesnt explain why you NEED to see your character interact with the game world for gameplay reasons. Are pen and paper RPGS not RPGs because you can't see anything?

You're a big boy, imagine it.
This isn't a board game it's a videogame.
Open world games are in TPP mostly, and please don't use FPS or board games as example.

Cryostasis, Metro, Firewatch, System Shock/Bioshock, Aline: Isolation, Amnesia, and on and on and on.

All of those carry deep narrative threads that are in their own was, very affecting. Play Firewatch and tell me you can't empathize for the characters. It's all about writing quality. That more third person games currently have better writing quality isn't a function of the camera.

I am not making the claim that first person games are incapable of having quality stories and engaging characters the player cares about. I am saying that for whatever reason, I do not feel like I am a part of the game world when I play a first person game and I suspect that for others the may feel the exact opposite.

Perhaps the reason is psychological I do not know but clearly there is an argument for both sides as some prefer one over the other.

People are different as well as their choices of preference. And some people like me, that have motion sickness, can never enjoy First-Person games.

I’m happy for you though. This game will be awesome i’m sure.

Ok, don't get me wrong here. I feel sorry for You. My post is not targeted at people with medical issues. In fact my gf suffers from same problem so I am more emphatetic in this case. What ticks me off are people who are whining about FPP like it would destroy their lifes. Damn, I despise TPP and yet I played every Witcher game, I enjoyed Gears of War and few other TPP games... If the game is good, it's good.

Still, it won't change my opinion about TPP. I just don't like it, and besides making it more available for people with your problem I can't see a reason for which I would it to be there.

I love when people who joined this forum yesterday are telling me and other people who would like to see tpp option in this game, that we are just part of "vocal minority" and they are "tru" fans and shit. Could you please stop with this stupid argumet? No? Yes? Ok, thank you.

What if I joined today and I'm for FPP? :)

This isn't a board game it's a videogame.
Open world games are in TPP mostly, and please don't use FPS or board games as example.
Again, you say open world. well, Far Cry, Borderlands, STALKER, etc are open world. Whether a game is FPS or third person or an rpg or not has literally nothing to do with whether it is open world.

You're trying to police everyone else's language but you're so careless with your own words.

and again, what GAMEPLAY benefits does third person have over first person SPECIFICALLY with regards to open world games?

An action RPG, anything else ?

Is it action, or an RPG? It can't be both because you refuse to accept the idea that a game can be oth a shooter and an RPG.

Again, you say open world. well, Far Cry, Borderlands, STALKER, etc are open world. Whether a game is FPS or third person or an rpg or not has literally nothing to do with whether it is open world.

You're trying to police everyone else's language but you're so careless with your own words.

and again, what GAMEPLAY benefits does third person have over first person SPECIFICALLY with regards to open world games?
I ask you the same about first person
Don't come here and talk about First person as an immersive thing.

I am not making the claim that first person games are incapable of having quality stories and engaging characters the player cares about. I am saying that for whatever reason, I do not feel like I am a part of the game world when I play a first person game and I suspect that for others the may feel the exact opposite.

Perhaps the reason is psychological I do not know but clearly there is an argument for both sides as some prefer one over the other.
well at that point it's simply a matter of personal preference and its almost a moot point to argue or even complain about imo. you not being able to personally get into something isn't really the fault of the perspective or CD Projekt's responsibility, its just simply the way you are and the way you experience media. I get that you're not some of these people acting like the game is irrevocably ruined but at that point, its merely a differing of opinion, there is no right or wrong.

I ask you the same about first person
Don't come here and talk about First person as an immersive thing.
Do you always ignore people's responses or is it only something you do when you're losing an argument?

Why isn't first person immersive? Are you calling me a liar when i say i find some first person games immersive?

Is it action, or an RPG? It can't be both because you refuse to accept the idea that a game can be oth a shooter and an RPG.
I ask you too, is this an RPG?

First of all i am a diehard fan of the witcher series , yes the entire series , loved all of them , but obvious the witcher 3 is a ... i am at a loss for words because any adjective i come up with falls short .
I wont go into a long rant about how awsome the witcher 3 is , all know that specially here.
As with a lot of us when we first saw the cyberpunk teaser trailer i was blown away , love the whole cyberpunk style atmosphere , and if it will be only as good as the witcher 3 well we got another jewle on our hands.
But this decision to lock you in first person mode killed it for me right then and there
As much as i love the witcher if you lock me into first person mode there i would never touch it
, its that much of a deal breaker for me , and i think i am not alone
On the poll i chose motion sickness , while its true fast fuzzy moving makes me dizzy a bit the main reason i chose that option was the seccond part of it , give us the CHOICE !!
We get to creat our own character in CP 2077 , customize it armors tatoos and whatnot... yeee and i cant see it cant enjoy it .
This was my main issue with the new deus ex games as well , the animation was there when you took cover it went to third person mode , so it was done why not give us the choice
There are people like me who want to see our character , see every little thing that changes on us , Gerald growing a beard , or getting a new armor or anything.
And melee combat in first person? not now not ever, when i saw Kingdom come deliverence i was hyped a super realistic medieval game deep crafting and nice graphics ... but its first person it just doesent work for me , never played more then 5 min .
I am hoping the response from us will convince you to put that all important choice back
I understand indoor and third person perspective arent the best of friends sometimes you might get silly camera angles , but i think all are confortable with that if we can choose.
If you will put only as much effort and detail into the weapons as was put in the witcher 3 , i want to see those weapons on my back in there holster not just the barrel of a gun.
This isnt a game which comes out in 6 months or so , there is time to make this change , i hope enough of us will tell you this to convince you of it.

I ask you too, is this and RPG?
It is. but it's also a shooter and an action game. and Borderlands is also and RPG. and so is STALKER. They're also shooters.

All of these games are, to varying degrees both shooters, and RPGs. to claim that one is not the other is to make arbitrary distinctions.

Do you always ignore people's responses or is it only something you do when you're losing an argument?

Why isn't first person immersive? Are you calling me a liar when i say i find some first person games immersive?
You're wrong, I've said that perspective doesn't matter for immersion. Gameplay does it

I feel bad for the people they were really excited for the game but can't play it like the Madqueen because of motion sickness. However those who just don't like FPS should at least give it a chance to impress them. I under those who were disappointed about there not being a third person option because they wanted to look at their character because Cyperpunk is all about style cool is literally one of the stats. It being mainly 1st person isn't a deal breaker for me unless they some how make the world look bland and grey like deus ex mankind divided. But the trailers have already showed that not true so I'm cool with whatever.

We decided to go with First Person Perspective because it adds to the immersion - let you experience the game through eyes of the main character. We're not planning to allow switching to TPP for the same reason. You'll have many opportunities to see your customized character in cutscenes, inventory view and mirrors. It's going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS.
So basically 'fuck you people with motion sickness' ?!

Not to mention that immersion is subjective, and for me personally first person detracts from experience. I do not want to be inside my character. I want to control my character.

But again, main issues is that there are people who simply CANNOT play in first person

@ ing him just to subpost about him still makes you the antagonist here.

Just didn't want to get blocked by the Moderator.

Nice framing statement, by the way. Using 'Still' is a very powerful way of implying someone is guilty of/doing something. Do you work in law?

Why is everyone so much indignant about the first person? CD Projekt RED know their business and they will not release the game until it is as excellent as their other games. There is not a single cause for concern. If they think that the game needs the first person, then it really is necessary. People, just trust CD Projekt RED! And do not worry!

Wow, there's a ton lot of posts in this thread. I couldn't even imagine a camera perspective might blow things up like that. I'll probably wouldn't be the first, based on the sheer amount of users here, to say I don't really care about camera perspective that much. This is simply because I've played many games that are either TP or FP or in some cases both and rarely did any of them bother me with camera placement. Both persepectives can be made to feel great as far as I'm concerned if things are done right, regarding angles, view obstructions and such.

That said what did bother me way more is the FOV (field of view) regardless of camera perspective, although I must admit TP sometimes feels way less sickening with the same FOV as FP. In short I only care about the FOV in Cyberpunk, if FOV is broad enough and assuming it's a next-gen title it probably will be, there's no real reason to battling perspectives here, pun intended.

If you wanna know how it feels at worst to play FPS games when you have motion sickness do this: spin around for as long as you feel like puking, and your head hurts so much that you cant even sit, then play any fps game and try to focus on shooting a moving target or even reading a text in the game. Wait until you feel normal again and repeat it again.

It is. but it's also a shooter and an action game. and Borderlands is also and RPG. and so is STALKER. They're also shooters.

All of these games are, to varying degrees both shooters, and RPGs. to claim that one is not the other is to make arbitrary distinctions.
You're funny, no thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom