FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I can't understand is why people who support FPP are so hostile and are against TPP. No one is asking to take away FPP from this game. People are asking to add option to switch to TPP. One would think more options to play your game is better but obviously FPP defenders thinks otherwise. And it's bugs me why? Don't you want more people to be able to enjoy this game?

If the game is structured towards first person view,you can't just patch in a third person view. You can't just patch third person in Deus Ex,Bioshock,Dishonored etc. As absurd I would find peoplpe complaining about the camera in these games,I find it here.

And most people here are not "FPP" defenders. Most people would not care if the camera was announced as a first or third person. But if FPP is CD Project's original vision,we support their vision. If it was TPP,we support it too. If they chose to go with first person means they tested that it actually works better.Mike Pondsmith prefered it better too.But I'm sure random people in the internet know better. We haven't even seen the game and people started whining. Makes no sense. I say let this game release as it is and if people find that decision was good or bad,let's discuss it at that time. Most people based on the first 2 Witcher games,wouldnt have prefered open world with the Witcher 3,but now we know it was the correct decision. So imo,start whining after the game is released or at least after we see something concrete about this game

I don't care what camera mode is there. I trust judgement of people behind the game. Human Revolution was mostly FP and it didn't hurt the experience.

Why then so few satisfied people express their opinion, they do not know how to write?

Because they're happy with the decision and don't feel the need to fight about it?

You do know, right, that MANY medical researches were made on smaller samples?

Bah, it's useless to argue

Becasue sometimes there's no other option. Here - we do have different option. Plus in medical studies samples are random. And there has to be control group. Here - it's different again. This vote has no actual value. Like zero.

I am person who prefer playing TP - I usually feel to restricted with only FP. However, I don't have problem if Cyberpunk 2077 will be FP - it just camera angle. I play CDPR game not for looks and combats, but for the story and world. And will be not affected wheter it will be TP or FP.

Because combat there is designed around TPP. Here we have with combat already made around FPP. Changing that would simply ruin it at this point. Unless you want to wait 2 more years because 500 people want TPP.

I know it is too late and CDPR doesn't decide on things easily. I can image lots of reasons why they made this decision that I also posted here. Still I can understand the disappointment here. I'm a bit disappointed too.

While most of the people here visited the CP77 forum for their first time during the last 2 days, some are came here from the very beginning in 2012 people were discussing how CP77 should look like for a long time. Maybe it was a good idea for CDPR to remain silent over the years maybe it wasn't

The lack of direct information CDPR is providing us isnt helping either, historically journalist opinion matters little to the vocal non-casual player.

I know CDPR assumed this stance when debuting TW3 but they have a bigger fanbase and expectations on them now, situations change and I really believe they should have been more open with us than communicating exclusively through interviews and journo impressions.

And excuse me, 50 minutes gameplay is already out leaked and EVERYBODY claims this game is more fps less RPG. So it is not FPP but FPS with character creator (???) and character customization (???), it may have quests and choices, but who cares if you get a quest to boom boom and to pew pew.. All fps campaigns gives you choices and quests for boom boom and pew pew, They may try to baptize that as RPG. But it is an FPS in story mode.
so if the game was third person that would also change the quests? that makes no sense, dont get me wrong i also prefer tpp, but u could make the same kind of quests like in the witcher in a game like cyberpunk if the boom boom and pew pew is your problem then sirry this fenre is nothing for you.

I have been a long time fan of CD Projekt Red , well since the first Witcher game, I own two copies of it. One I had lost the Cd or DVD (forgot which format it was) and bought a second one that was enhanced edition (then later found the disk and I think I lost it again). Then I bought the Witcher 2 for PC and Xbox 360 then I bought the Witcher 3 for PC that came with a statue. And maybe I bought another version for a wolf's head witcher medallion , forgot in what box it came from but I have it on my desk or maybe it was for the keychain I don't remember.

I was hyped for Cyberpunk but did not came to the forums much and was waiting for the: coming when it's ready , then a few mins ago I saw an announcement from CD Projekt on Facebook that shared a demo article that I don't remember where it was but when I found out it was FPP only my hype died , I have not touched an FPS game in years , I simply don't like playing those I know I know it's FPP but it's still in first person view which I hate playing. So yeah I'm gonna skip that one , it's their game they can do what ever they want with it, it's their artistic integrity or vision what ever , they don't owe me anything and I owe them nothing either so I'll vote with my wallet and it sure won't be a pre order for that one, neither a day one buy. Maybe down the road I'll buy it someday who knows, unless they add the option for both then I'll buy it for sure.

I wonder if the enraged community will provoke any kind of response from CDPR officially, whether it be a statement, etc...I'd just like to know where they stand on this. Is this something they're willing to look into changing / adding TPP as an option or are they set in stone on FPP? I think many folks would like to know this as those who are completely against FPP (for whatever reason - medical, personal preference, etc.) will know to just bow out and not follow the game anymore at all.

A cramped space is a space in which the third person camera can no longer stay in it's fixed position. It rather has to slide across a wall and come closer to your character. It can either give you a peeking advantage or it hinders your view. And why risk that when you can just use a first person perspective.

Now I'd like to add that that's not my only gripe with TPP shooters, they often have lock in cover systems which take the fluidity out of the gameplay. If they don't, shooting around corners becomes an issue and results in you shooting your cover a couple times every time you peek a corner.

Movement is also less precise in a TPP game. Look no further as the Witcher itself, a true masterpiece no doubt, but lacking in the movement department. Every move looks fluent but inputs don't always result in the desired movement. It's just not predictable.

What makes me think it's close quarters combat with "cramped spaces" as I described before. Well, the developers said that compared to the open nature of the Witcher games, Cyberpunk would have more vertical space (e.g. Buildings). It's safe to say that buildings have rooms, some smaller than others. It would probably also mean that there are alleyways.

All I'm saying is that it's fair of them to prefer a FPP camera in a game like this and having a TPP camera would mean you compromise controls and fluidity of the game.
First off thank you for actually putting together legitimate problems/worries with TPP perspective. You are the first person I have seen do that. So I believe a camera system similar to GoW would be amazing for this game the melee combat would be satisfying and the gunplay would be good because it's essentilally an over the shoulder type camera view used in the resident evil games. The camera would be close enough to your character so it wouldn't freak out all over the place when you go into tight spots.

I'm not certain if this is official but in the trailer you can see the female V taking cover. So even in the FPP this looks like it's in the game.

The Witcher just didn't have a good movement system that's the biggest gripe about that game but I do understand where you are coming from and with wall running and things being in the game it would definitely be a challenge to get right.

With that being said I don't think this game is for me anyway I just cannot get into FPS I been playing games for 20 years trust me I know what does it for me. The one FPS game that I have played for more than a couple of hours is Destiny 2 and that was because of my friends were there with me "I still put it down after 20ish hours". This games doesn't have MP at launch so that combined with FPP is a no from me. I do hope that you guys can enjoy it though and Im sure for people that doesnt mind the FPP its gunna be awesome!

Thanks for giving us the Witcher series :) Not a fan of Dues Ex, Fallout, etc. FPP RPGs :( Good luck to Cyberpunk 2077. Might just play Gwent while waiting for Witcher 4 or Witcher prequel games as long as they are not first person perspective. . .

There won't be either W4 or prequel for many years to come.

As for the perspective problem -- I think CDPR are more than capable of making the right choice. If they think 1PP is right for this game, then it will work better than 3PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom