FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4311839

They also showed biliarde which i think i remember in some fps implemented ok. Also those things might be showed just to show that npc in city do shit and have some activities and life of their own. But i would doubt cyberpunk wont have side side activities. Lets hope for hoops i guess :D

The only reaches I see on that list are S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Dishonored, which still doesn't discount the other games on the list.

I admit that I have not played every game on that list. I'd argue that E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy was a full-on shooter with some talking at the base to go along with it, but I found that game - and in particular the game's translations - so awful that it's one of only two games I've ever asked Steam for a refund on.

I think the main point being tiptoed around here is that games CAN contain elements of multiple genres, and how much they lean towards one genre vs. the other has a HUGE impact on how much people are going to like it.

Games like Bethesda's fallout offerings are much more shooter than the ones Black Isle/Interplay turned out in Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.

I think that's why CDPR was so very quick to step in and correct the wording that some journalists were putting out that the game is going to be a FPS. They very distinctly and firmly said that it was going to be a FPP RPG. They've emphasized repeatedly that it's going to be a "true RPG" so they're very aware of the concern of going to far in the shooter genre direction for some of their core fanbase. But everything I've read says that the combat is almost exclusively going to FPS.

People are understandably upset that they thought this game would lean far more towards the RPG genre than it is sounding like. (SO FAR. Still a lot we don't know.)

Edit: Last thought. How much of each genre a game is allowed to have and still be considered an RPG is obviously highly subjective by the many pages of disagreement over the matter. Another reason that CDPR was quick to jump in and hastily clarify that their game is an RPG. They're obviously worried that not everyone is going to agree with them on that based on what they've shown and said so far.

I was actually personally expecting CP2077 to be an FP game, due to the setting as well. As how I see it, CP2077 in rather cramped and densely build city landscape. I can see how all those narrow alleys and nooks could cause problems if the game was in 3rd person. I think DL would be a perfect basis for melee combat as I liked also how well it was done and it was fun.

However, I do understand people who might be upset about CP2077 being FP only, due to the motion sickness that is. But we also have to remember that it is going to be different from the Witcher series and I have full trust in CDPR to offer us a great experience in FP as well. There are also quite a few tricks to prevent the motion sickness effect in FP mode as well and I am pretty sure CDPR will make good use of them as well.

Because I'm pretty sure this tweet was made before all the FPP vs TPP outrage exploded. I remember seeing it yesterday. I think this was also made in response to them releasing the wallpapers. You have to be pretty paranoid to link this to them saying a permanent no to third person mode (as much as I would like them to ;P).
What? it was posted just hours ago...are you hallucinating or what?

I'm just curious if there is some cover system like in Deus Ex, because that would be another way how to see our own character.
For now they talked only about inventory, cutscenes and 3rd person in vehicles.
They did talk about "ducking from cover to cover" in one of the articles, but I think that was just flavour talk...

That's why we've been telling to wait for the demo before complaining for two days now.

Overwatch was Blizzard's first FPS and look what it became (insanely good, that is)

Edit : precision
I mean if you count making a major, massive MMO, completely dismantling it and then salvaging parts of it to make a loot box fps....sure.

• RED Point
Reactions: Fuz
huge dissapointment, trailer was awesome, I was ready to preorder that game in the middle of the trailer, but this is a huge letdown for me.
FPP is totally killing my immersion in game, cant see character which I carefully customized, and I feel all the time like I am floating through the air, and for RPG it totally sucks. come on guys, look at last of us part 2 gameplay, how awesome it looks, look at division how there is a great point of view, look at mass effect.

i am totally dissapointed, totally oposite of what I felt 2 days ago when I watched the trailer

and another thing, there is NO WAY that melee combat will be good in FPP, no game has ever done it good, nor will you, you are not miracle workers
No truer words spoken. My friends and I have been waiting on this damn game for 5yrs in the making and they manage to botch all positive expectations by making it one perspective. Awful decision...just awful. We've decided not to buy....

Cyberpunk 2077 hype is gone when they announce it’s a First Person View only. For some people including me never had this kind of betrayal. I don’t like of what they are trying to say that we can only see our character via Cutscenes..

No. Just. No. This is nothing more than just like Deus Ex. I can’t believe CD Projekt did this to us. I’m really hoping they will put third person view in the future when the game comes out. CDPR can’t just do that in their fans after they gave us a wonderful experience in third person view of the Witcher 3. They just can’t do that..
I understand your frustration bro....my friends and I are not buying until they give us a middle ground to work with. If everyone follows suit then they will have no choice but to listen to wat fans really want. Funny thing is it shows how much they pay attention to these forums because they should have NEVER believed this was a good idea!

No truer words spoken. My friends and I have been waiting on this damn game for 5yrs in the making and they manage to botch all positive expectations by making it one perspective. Awful decision...just awful. We've decided not to buy....
Yes, ignoring the amazing cinematic trailer, praise by journalists who have gotten to see the game, a total lack of outrage relative to the userbase on twitter and reddit, they really cocked it all up by making it first person.
I agree, the same thing I wrote on the DICE forum, immediately after the release of Battlefront 2... :sneaky:
Greedy lootbox systems don't really seem like much of an artistic choice.

I'm just curious if there is some cover system like in Deus Ex, because that would be another way how to see our own character.
For now they talked only about inventory, cutscenes and 3rd person in vehicles.

I think it's reasonable to expect this.
And let me add something. We all know Night town is a dark place with small alley's and cramped places. I can also imagine you sometimes have to crawl trough shafts to reach data nodes and that kind of stuff. Can you imagine what an horror that would be (camera placement for instance) in 3th person? The camera would disappear behind walls, and flip fanatically between view points, or you would see the shaft or ally from the outside, showing the game building templates. Ugh!

Also - For those that want to add 3th person view. Have you thought how much work his would be? Only think about the animation. How many hours of mocap has to be done to add in all that 3th person stuff? And, referring to the above, how many stuff has to be re-designed to fit both first and 3th person in locations? My guess is it would add months or even years of work to rewrite all that stuff. No - I do not know anything about CDPR as developer, but I do know about game design, and that it is far from easy to do stuff like this.

What I want to say in a nutshell - Don't have too high hopes 3th person perspective will be added at this stage of the game.

Yes, ignoring the amazing cinematic trailer, praise by journalists who have gotten to see the game, a total lack of outrage relative to the userbase on twitter and reddit, they really cocked it all up by making it first person.

Truth be told, i ALWAYS ignore journalists, cause i've NEVER seen a bad review (from the main media at least). So, their reviews are just plain BS.

I mean if you count making a major, massive MMO, completely dismantling it and then salvaging parts of it to make a loot box fps....sure.

Your opinion on the matter of lootboxes or the company is irrelevant here.

The point was, Overwatch was their first FPS and they pulled it off magnificently, so why not CDPR?

Are you seriously not going to buy the game if it's FPS? Isn't that a bit dramatic? How can you be so limited?
Enjoy the games you like in all perspectives that they come in.

Wow, where did I wrote that I'm not gonna buy the game?
Read again...

Your opinion on the matter of lootboxes or the company is irrelevant here.

The point was, Overwatch was their first FPS and they pulled it off magnificently, so why not CDPR?

Since when we are discussing FPS? Oh yeah new CD Project game. But wasn't it FPP RPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom