FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4311839

Name me at least 5 RPG only with first person view?
even if just one fps only rpg exist how does it matter? Ok name me 5 video games based in cyberpunk universe? Does it mean cyberpunk universe doesn't suite video games?

Want to make a first person game, no problem! But listen. People are asking for a third. It's not something sky-high. A small piece of code, a little more attention to the animation and appearance of the character well, more hours to test the game. I understand that it's money and time, well, and swung a little. Since we decided to make a good game, so make a chic! Not too much to ask the players

If ir would be easy simple etc. why wouldn't they do it? Please explain why you think they don't want to do it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
even if just one fps only rpg exist how does it matter? Ok name me 5 video games based in cyberpunk universe? Does it mean cyberpunk universe doesn't suite video games?
Pondsmith's Cyberpunk 2020 universe or cyberpunk as a whole? Cause I can cover the latter pretty easily and not mention a single first-person game. In fact I know of at least one upcoming cyberpunk game that's point-click and puzzle based.

I will not claim numbers but adding TPP option wouldn't probobly make sense in cost effectivness. And it might be to late in development. to do it. And 20% is huge numbers but you cant go for all the 100% gamers merket any way it wouldn't work. So even it is 20% it still might not make sense to add TPP for many reasons. I understand you asking CDPR for option and lets hope they will think about this subject like this in the future. But trying prove how this might hurt CDPR or how they would had much more sales for this is just speculations and i don't see how gaming market history showed us that trying to please all or FPP can lead to bad sale bad rpg or bad game.

Let's not speculate, mate. Neither of us has access to their code or costing sheet.

Want to make a first person game, no problem! But listen. People are asking for a third. It's not something sky-high. A small piece of code, a little more attention to the animation and appearance of the character well, more hours to test the game. I understand that it's money and time, well, and swung a little. Since we decided to make a good game, so make a chic! Not too much to ask the players
That's kinda what I don't get. No one is asking for the moon here, or some radical new approach to gaming to be tried out. TPP is a pretty simple and typical video game mechanic. If CDPR really doesn't want to do it because of some "artistic impression" well fine. They'll just lose my money. I'm sure that's no sweat off their back but I'm pretty sad to miss out on such a great looking game.

Uh, okay. One can exercise freedom of choice without announcing it. When you do announce it, and attach conditions to your purchase, that's a threat.

You seem to confuse "emphatize" with "agree", or perhaps "acquiesce". I would also think that arguing rationally would carry its own incentive. Are you implying that they are irrational? I didn't think so, but you seem to.

If you do announce it and attach conditions to your purchase, you are simply telling them what you want. "I won't buy your ice cream if it is vanilla-flavored because I don't like vanilla." That's not a threat, is it? That's just telling the vendor that you don't want something, and you can agree to disagree.

A threat would be a statement that you will cause harm to someone. Whether or not a condition is fulfilled is immaterial. For example, a man threatens to kill his neighbor after he gets into a quarrel with him.

When I say 'Empathize', I mean empathize. Just saying 'yeah, I feel for you man, but CD Projekt Red doesn't have the resources to please everyone in the world' can go a long way towards diffusing the situation.

I'm not implying that people are irrational. I'm telling you that most of them are. We are moved by emotions as well as reason, and there is no one who is perfectly reasonable all the time. That's exactly why, if you wish to be a good persuader, you need to take that into account.

If they want us to be ok with the game being in first person the very least they could do is show some gameplay to maybe change people's minds. As of right now it looks like they have 44% of gamers that will no longer buy their game because of an unfortunate decision by the company/developers.

If you do announce it and attach conditions to your purchase, you are simply telling them what you want. "I won't buy your ice cream if it is vanilla-flavored because I don't like vanilla." That's not a threat, is it? That's just telling the vendor that you don't want something, and you can agree to disagree.

A threat would be a statement that you will cause harm to someone. Whether or not a condition is fulfilled is immaterial. For example, a man threatens to kill his neighbor after he gets into a quarrel with him.

When I say 'Empathize', I mean empathize. Just saying 'yeah, I feel for you man, but CD Projekt Red doesn't have the resources to please everyone in the world' can go a long way towards diffusing the situation.

I'm not implying that people are irrational. I'm telling you that most of them are. We are moved by emotions as well as reason, and there is no one who is perfectly reasonable all the time. That's exactly why, if you wish to be a good persuader, you need to take that into account.
But if a vendor wants to release a new flavor and you have vocal minority of people screaming they don't want a new flavour, while the rest are content with it, you can see how that looks. You don't need to eat the ice cream and there's different flavours you can eat, or different vendors

Guest 4311839

Pondsmith's Cyberpunk 2020 universe or cyberpunk as a whole? Cause I can cover the latter pretty easily and not mention a single first-person game. In fact I know of at least one upcoming cyberpunk game that's point-click and puzzle based.
are you missing the point intensionaly?

Let's not speculate, mate. Neither of us has access to their code or costing sheet.
Yes not speculate. so who wants tpp and start to clame something about how it will hurt sales please dont do it. And please next time somebody announce new game don't speculate on what perspective it will be. Or i am speculating that fps genre is kinda popular thing in video game market. Maybe after dev stated they build the game around fpp speculation its probably grounded more in reality to assume its more complicated adding tpp when many here think?

I want to see the character from all sides, not just in the video or on the car.
If the game offers to choose: hairstyles, tattoos, clothing options with different characteristics-why is it all hidden.Anyone besides me in this game (yet), so why can't I enjoy the view of your GG? (I don't understand)
Guys, I would drool in this situation.:
- I was offered a cyber arm, and I was like, " hmm..okay insert” and OP my gg now has one cybernetic hand. There's a neon tattoo on the other hand! Yes, and a jacket that develops in the wind with the hair. That's cool! (and if V (ZHGG) and more mouth-watering point, why is sometimes not to see the beautiful types, well, you know what I mean ^_^)
Many of you go to the apartment in GTA 5 in the first person?

I initially used the word "gutted" about FPP. Slowly im coming around to the idea. However i still feel a game of this scale and hype that the option of swithing perspective should be there. Then everyone is happy even if one plays better that the other.

For me personally, any issue I have with FPV now would almost entirely go away with a good photomode. For me it's not that I think FPV doesn't play well, and I absolutely believe them when they say experience wise (if you're not amongst the unlucky who can't play FPV, honestly my heart bleeds for those players) is just better in FPV.

I was hoping for a toggle not for playing per se, but for witnessing my long-loved characters finally coming to life.

I do expect a lot of cutscenes (in the sense that I hope for them) where I can see my Vs and I'm looking forward to them immensely.

I'd even like an option where I can automatically record cutscenes to savekeep and edit later. Or even optionally have some sort of gallery where I can keep my favourite ones saved so that I can relive this game in its most defining moments.

For me it's not even just the 5 years of waiting. I've been hoping for that 'one day far in the future' since the dawn of 3D games where I could finally recreate my original characters fairly faithful the vision in my mind's eye and witness and realize them in a world that was of great personal interest to me. Cyberpunk is my favourite Genre. CDPR is my favourite Dev. Go figure what a torrent of emotion that whipped up.

Since the announcement, this was and is one of my biggest hopes for CP2077. I know it will never be a perfect match. Voice tone, walks, expressions, they will never match my originals completely, but I hope they'll come a long way.

I think for many RPers who do not play as 'themselves' but as their characters, they love and have created histories, art and written stories for, this is really important.

I know V is probably meant to be a New character that you shape. Not one that you already loved for ages, but honestly...I'm still going to try...

I will also likely still play an entirely new V who I'll undoubtedly love, but then again I expect to replay this game maybe 5 times or more heh :)

But if a vendor wants to release a new flavor and you have vocal minority of people screaming they don't want a new flavour, while the rest are content with it, you can see how that looks. You don't need to eat the ice cream and there's different flavours you can eat, or different vendors

If the BEST vendor in town had suddenly decided for some inexplicable reason to provide only one flavor and not produce any of the local favorite for several years, the vocal minority of people would have every right to go up to him and tell him that they did not like what he was doing.

I initially used the word "gutted" about FPP. Slowly im coming around to the idea. However i still feel a game of this scale and hype that the option of swithing perspective should be there. Then everyone is happy even if one plays better that the other.

Yep, you're finally doing what they want you to do :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Guest 4311839

Its kinda sad for dev and people who cant handle its not TPP. So invested in game with just seeing one cgi trailer which didn't prosime nothing.

Here we go again; people complaining about a game only a few people have seen. May I say no one here has saw it. The decision of doing it this way (FPV) is an art decission made by the creators, the artist. Its like someone doesnt like the colors or the shapes in a Picasso and force the artist to change it because he doesnt like it. Its absurd. Its some cain of totalitarian way of thinking. You can say "I dont like it" well ok, but blaming the artist vision its stupid.

What is 425 people against the prospect fp for a wonderful game that will sell millions !!! Thank you very much CD PROJEKT RED I'm with you ...

Here we go again; people complaining about a game only a few people have seen. May I say no one here has saw it. The decision of doing it this way (FPV) is an art decission made by the creators, the artist. Its like someone doesnt like the colors or the shapes in a Picasso and force the artist to change it because he doesnt like it. Its absurd. Its some cain of totalitarian way of thinking. You can say "I dont like it" well ok, but blaming the artist vision its stupid.

I'll be fine with FPP if the camera is outside the character's head :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
There, I have an open mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom