FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the open world even a discussion point here?

For me open world in CP is secondary feature. Open world vs hub world makes zero difference for me.

So yeah, open-world Deus Ex-ish game is still nothing groundbreaking.

Agreed. Open world cyberpunk games are out by the dozens

gwent_custom_5890a6ca564372ee2545d4b1b5b3e49b.png
:)

Yes.

Putting enough effort to add tpp OPTION will show that they are not just trying to attract new crowd but also aim to keep the existing fanbase intact.

Also it will make a unique game on the market - a cyberpunk game that supports both fpp and tpp. None like this exist. And they could be trailblazers.

Yes, this surely will take more time, but it will also show that they are commited to pushing limits.

Compared to that making an upgraded version of Deus Ex is pretty unimpressive.

I hope they understand what you said here. I really do,
: praying :

Last edited:
The issue with tpp games is that they usually overuse covers in combat and have casualized gunplay system (mass effect, new deus exes etc).... One of my all time favorite games is the original deus ex or thief... both of these were very immersive and only had fpp view... If the game is good then view doesn't matter. I have full trust in cdpr!

People who have VR headsets? It's the way of the future. I can't see the problem here, if it lends itself well to VR.

It's not the wave of the future at current, much like 3D movies were not.

The problem isn't technology, but physiology; the human eye varies way too much, and some setups cannot handle VR under current technology.

Maybe in a few decades, when the physical side of visual media evolves.

I'm not against them including a 3rd person view to please people, but at the same time I'm perfectly happy with 1st person. I think it'll work very well with moving through the bustling streets, gazing up at the skyscrapers etc; and also the indoor locations.

VRs claim to fame is immersion. It uses 1st person for this reason. CDPR say that we will be more immersed in the environment and I trust them on this.

I'm not sure why so many people who, presumably, think W3 is a masterpiece and that CDPR are true craftsmen suddenly feel that the company have somehow lost their senses. It'd be nice if people at least waited til they've seen some gameplay before getting upset.

After a brilliant trilogy culminating with W3, free DLC and the amazing expansion packs, haven't they earned our trust?

10 000% pro FP
vanity 3rd person camera is okay but a good old mirror do the trick

actually it was my only fear about cyberpunk: to be another 3rd person shooter with sticky cover
thx god its FP thx CDPR !
RPG+FPS is the best for immersion like all my favorite game: deus ex, morrowind and vampire bloodline

Really about the only thing i could see them doing at this point is allowing us to zoom out and look at our character when we are out of combat. Mainly to give us another opportunity to see our character, and maybe do some melee finishers in third person style like witcher.

The entire game functioning in TPP is probably impossible at this point, unless they did all the work already and just cut it because it didnt look good with their system (which i highly doubt).

Let's end the FP vs TP debate.

First of all it was never really a debate; it's unwinnable. No one can win because it's a subjective question (apart from those with motion sickness, I'll get to that). I've seen people discuss it heatedly, and I've come to the conclusion that I don't care. We don't need to try and convince each other because we won't. For those who are still complaining about no third person and saying you won't buy the game because of it, you're really only shooting yourself in the foot. You're missing out on a potentially miraculous game, and frankly if your attitude is this dismissive then we'll only gain from having you gone. And for those with motion sickness, I'm sorry. Hopefully FOV sliders and turning off viewbobbing and such helps. I got an ultrawide monitor to help with mine. We all just wanna be able to enjoy the game. Don't ruin it for each other.

Я из России. Английский не знаю. Пишу с переводчика.
Чтобы сильно не изменять вид от 1 лица, можно добавить вид от 3 лица, в половину роста персонажа. Тогда будут складываться ощущения, что играешь от 1 и 3 лица одновременно. В таком случае, ощущения игры от 1 лица будут оставаться! Разработчики, разве так нельзя сделать? В таком плане ничего не изменится и задуманное восприятие мира от 1 лица останется!!!

Примерно как на скриншоте! Такой вид приближён к виду от 1 лица!!! И с таким видом появляется ощущение своего персонажа! Разве так нельзя сделать? как компромисс.
-----------------------------------------
I'm from Russia. I do not know English. I'm writing with an interpreter.
To strongly not change the view from 1 person, you can add a view from 3 faces, half the growth of the character. Then there will be a feeling that you play from 1 and 3 faces at the same time. In this case, the feeling of the game from 1 person will remain! Developers, can not this be done? In this plan nothing will change and the conceived perception of the world from one person will remain !!!

Just like in the screenshot! This kind is close to the form from 1 person !!! And with this kind of feeling of your character! Is not it possible to do this? as a compromise.

View attachment 10970918
What is the name of this game?

Yes.

Putting enough effort to add tpp OPTION will show that they are not just trying to attract new crowd but also aim to keep the existing fanbase intact.

Also it will make a unique game on the market - a cyberpunk game that supports both fpp and tpp. None like this exist. And they could be trailblazers.

Yes, this surely will take more time, but it will also show that they are commited to pushing limits.

Compared to that making an upgraded version of Deus Ex is pretty unimpressive.

I have to respectfully disagree. I'm not having a go at you here but I really don't suspect that the 1st person view is to 'attract a new crowd'. I believe they genuinely feel it suits the game more. I also don't believe that the majority of the existing fanbase are fans because of the TPP. That kind of belittles the many other, incredible elements in the games they've made. I myself am a fan because their games are exceptional in so many areas.

If this game is going to be a trailblazer it will because the of the high quality of all its parts. I'm very doubtful that people would say 'The world is incredible, the combat amazing, the RPG mechanics and story are brilliant, it feels like a next-gen game! However, it hasn't got TPP so it's by no means a trailblazer'.

Taking time to add TPP and, possibly, delaying the game wouldn't tell me they are committed to pushing limits, it would tell me they're committed to trying to make everyone happy. Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with that. However, having both FP and TPP in Elder Scrolls by no means meant 'pushing the limits'.

Lastly, and I don't mean to be rude here, saying that a game you've never even seen in action, let alone played, is merely going to be an upgraded version of Deus Ex, simply because they share the same perspective, is just plain hyperbole.

And for those with motion sickness, I'm sorry. Hopefully FOV sliders and turning off viewbobbing and such helps..

It doesn't. But it's cool. I'll play the game with a trainer so I can have infinite health during combat and turn off enemy detection during stealth sections. That way I don't have to move the camera around and induce vomiting.

Guest 4311839

It doesn't. But it's cool. I'll play the game with a trainer so I can have infinite health during combat and turn off enemy detection during stealth sections. That way I don't have to move the camera around and induce vomiting.

Well sucks for you, but world cant spin around you, just because you want it so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom