From Ofier's Distant Shores bug. Possible Spolier

+
July 2022, Xbox Series X, still bugged. Saving/reloading doesn't work. Yes, I'm far into the game, and no, I don't want to start over just to work around this bug.

I find this utterly ridiculous.
Did you tried to clear the cache and reboot your console, it could help sometimes (it fixed several bugs/issues in various games in my case).
Software power cycle method on Xbox Series X:
- Press the Xbox button in the middle of your controller.
- Scroll to the right to Profile & System.
- Select Settings with the A button.
- Select Devices & Connections.
- Select Blu-Ray.
- Select Persistent Storage.
- Select Clear Persistent Storage.

After latest patch 4.00 the bug is still here for me on ps4 :( there is no diagram still in the chest at the bandit camp
I'm not sure the cause for this was ever found. Same with other chests: Wolf Gear and some upgrade schematics being the most notorious. It seems that if it happens, the only real options are to reload a much earlier save, constantly reload over and over, checking the chest each time, or starting a new playthrough and hoping it works that time. :(

Just remember that you can play Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine as standalone games by launching them directly. You just won't be able to use your existing Geralt build.

Just found a way to fix it!

It requires a Xbox Series X or PS5 and Witcher 3 4.0 on your Xbox One or PS4 (for cross saves).

Just before you go in the hideout, make a manual cross-save on your PS4 or Xbox One.

Then, switch to your Xbox Series X or PS5 and open the cross save.

When you open the chest in the hideout on your Series X or PS5, the plans will be there!

I tested this myself on PS4 Pro and Xbox Series X, but from what I've read on Reddit, it also works with PS5. You can also apparently transfer the save game back to your last-gen console and use it with the plans.

This is a good workaround for people who have the different systems!

Can others confirm that this works?

Just found a way to fix it!

It requires a Xbox Series X or PS5 and Witcher 3 4.0 on your Xbox One or PS4 (for cross saves).

Just before you go in the hideout, make a manual cross-save on your PS4 or Xbox One.

Then, switch to your Xbox Series X or PS5 and open the cross save.

When you open the chest in the hideout on your Series X or PS5, the plans will be there!

I tested this myself on PS4 Pro and Xbox Series X, but from what I've read on Reddit, it also works with PS5. You can also apparently transfer the save game back to your last-gen console and use it with the plans.
I dont have the PS4 that i started playing on. I have a PS5 and all my PS4 digitals and physicals were installed on my external. So u can imagine how disappointed i was when i came across these 2 glitches. So im playing the physical ps4 version on the PS5 and i dont have a clue on how to do what you say to fix this issue. Please advise step by step?, also, my game version is like 4.04 i think.

Top Bottom