From what I have seen so far...

+
Tommy said:
How about this . You list your system specs and we`ll tell you how good or bad they are .

Here it is:

Manufacturer: Gateway
Processor: Intel Core i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1

Dogit said:
Then how come whenever I try to play World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Warcraft on the highest graphics settings, the game lags like an unplayable piece of crap?

WoW lagging is not up to you pc. I can play on 2GB ram with a core 2 duo 2ghz and an integrated video card.

Dogit said:
Here it is:

GPU? We need the GPU.

Dogit said:
Here it is:

If you don't have a dedicated GPU that would explain much. Intel HD integrated graphics is bullocks.

Wouldn`t do much good . That`s an entry level card very similar to the GT210 by Nvidia . That card is good for watching DVD`s and playing non demanding games as it only pulls about 19 watts .

I wonder how old that system is.... or better said how much you paid for it back in the days... maybe that gave you the wrong impression so you thought that you need that much money for a good pc system nowadays... but like already said this isnt the case... im planning to get some real good system to max out witcher 3... and even that shouldnt cost nearly as much as you mentioned.... probably around 1000 to 1300 euro for desktop system... no more... and you should be able to render like hell with a system like that ツ ... well i only render with vegas 12 ... if you got a good gpu you can even render with cpu and gpu both at the same time which makes a real difference... so iguess you should not only look on cpu power.... because it seems to me you neglecting gpu ... well on the other hand I dont know what you are dealing with for workツ ... that gpu cpu thing is just something I discovered since I rendered quite some videos and wanted it to get faster ツ with the things i had at hand ツ ... but the ps4 is a good alternertive... i thought about it myself... but then I couldnt make my witcher 3 movie i planned ... for my yt channel ツ ... have a nice day

GuyN said:
and it doesn't sound like you would have configured a professional computer with junk like a Q8200 or original Phenom.

Gah you attacked my weak spot for maximum damage, I bought a phenom 9950 quad core for mine.

Oh well in my defense this is the first rig I ever built and it's getting to be 5 years old soon. I need to build a new one next year anyway (don't think I can have a modern GPU without being bottle necked by that phenom). Right now my only concern is hoping I don't mess it up again :eek:

Nothing about the OP's computer qualifies it for even the equivalent of an Xbox 360. The Core i3 530 is not the worst of the Nehalem generation, but close to it. It's the equal of old Conroe quads like the Q6600, only worse at multithreaded loads. The GPU will not run anything except the simplest games and will overheat on the slightest pretext.

That Gateway is so not worth upgrading that the best use for it may be as a hand-me-down. But you don't need anything remotely like $3000 to build a professional-quality workstation. If you think you do, you are probably planning to overspend for features you cannot use.

vincentdante said:
Gah you attacked my weak spot for maximum damage, I bought a phenom 9950 quad core for mine.

If you can find a surplus Phenom II, you can have a cheap upgrade. AMD got it right with the Phenom II, only they were (and still are) playing catch-up to Intel. I did that with an old Athlon 64x2 setup, and it's the one I'm writing on right now.

Not all Phenom II's will run in all Socket AM2 motherboards; check with the motherboard maker for CPU compatibility and BIOS updates. Some have power requirements that some motherboards cannot meet.

GuyN said:
If you can find a surplus Phenom II, you can have a cheap upgrade. AMD got it right with the Phenom II, only they were (and still are) playing catch-up to Intel. I did that with an old Athlon 64x2 setup, and it's the one I'm writing on right now.

Not all Phenom II's will run in all Socket AM2 motherboards; check with the motherboard maker for CPU compatibility and BIOS updates. Some have power requirements that some motherboards cannot meet.

Worth considering thanks as it would be the cheapest option. I have an AM2+ socket (asus M3A78-T) motherboard. Not sure about whats compatible yet though, but I will look into it. In the end as long as I can run TW3 at decent settings I'll be happy tbh.

My other plan was to build a new rig based around a current gen or last gen intel i5 since I have heard good things about them, I want avoid all my past mistakes with this rig (like cheaping out on the case and hurting the airflow).

Dogit said:
Oh, I don't plan on playing this game on PC. I'll be playing it on my PS4. To get a decent gaming computer I'd have to spend more than $3000 plus a new monitor better mouse and keyboard. Since I also use it for 3D modeling and animation, I would have to spend a lot. At the expense of a $400 console and a $70 game, it's a much more worth while investment to go with a console.

i7 4770k
2x gtx 780 or 2x 290's (crossfire-sli)
16 gb of ddr3 ram
a decent mobo *eg.. Formula by asus
a 1200 psu platinum edition (corsair AX series)
a decent full tower case with water cooling features (up to 6 rads, 2x480mm 2x 360mm 2x240mm) A case that does that, is PHANTEKS ENTHOO PRIMO FULL TOWER for 220 euros.
1 ssd and 1 hdd
keyboard + mouse + bluray disc drive

= 1800-2100 euros

and the configuration I gave you is enthusiast ++, not decent... A decent computer costs about 900 for amd and 1200 for INTEL. But you play all games at ALL ULTRA for many years to come.

ps: if u dont believe me about the case, because its extreme, here is a video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg_DzdHGgN4

Is going to be my monster case soon :)

Look, i found entry level build that would barely run witcher 3 only for over 6000$.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOpBlYx2H1o

Dogit said:
Oh, I don't plan on playing this game on PC. I'll be playing it on my PS4. To get a decent gaming computer I'd have to spend more than $3000 plus a new monitor better mouse and keyboard. Since I also use it for 3D modeling and animation, I would have to spend a lot. At the expense of a $400 console and a $70 game, it's a much more worth while investment to go with a console.
ah no 1000 with selfbuild pc and its fine
1200 and the pc is beast all over that ... you didnt need it but for enthusiasts it is probably 2000 worth with that money you can get the top of the top

Dogit said:
Then how come whenever I try to play World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Warcraft on the highest graphics settings, the game lags like an unplayable piece of crap?
with no other processes inn the background ? unpossible
8gb of ram and a intel quad core are more then enough
but whats your GPU

Dogit said:
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5450
that isnt a great card but for wow etc it should EASILY be enough
if you have the money spend 450 for a gtx780 or 300 for gtx770 or r9 280x sapphire toxic they are all great cards and all you need but chose a nvidia because of physX (its in tw3 too)

Dogit said:
i7 4770k
2x gtx 780 or 2x 290's (crossfire-sli)
16 gb of ddr3 ram
a decent mobo *eg.. Formula by asus
a 1200 psu platinum edition (corsair AX series)
a decent full tower case with water cooling features (up to 6 rads, 2x480mm 2x 360mm 2x240mm) A case that does that, is PHANTEKS ENTHOO PRIMO FULL TOWER for 220 euros.
1 ssd and 1 hdd
keyboard + mouse + bluray disc drive

= 1800-2100 euros

and the configuration I gave you is enthusiast ++, not decent... A decent computer costs about 900 for amd and 1200 for INTEL. But you play all games at ALL ULTRA for many years to come.

ps: if u dont believe me about the case, because its extreme, here is a video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg_DzdHGgN4

Is going to be my monster case soon :)/>/>
and this is way more you need ... so 1000 would be ok to spend

Dogit said:
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5450

Awful, awful card for gaming.

Dogit said:
Wouldn`t do much good . That`s an entry level card very similar to the GT210 by Nvidia . That card is good for watching DVD`s and playing non demanding games as it only pulls about 19 watts .
Yep.

Alextyc1 said:
Yeah watch dogs it looks interesting,i would buy it if not for dark souls releasing on the same month :p (actually march 2014 is very busy with game releases...)
Yeah true that mate. March is crazy packed with new games coming out. Dark Souls, Watch Dogs AND Ground Zeroes. Probably a couple of more. I just can't keep up :p And then, at the end of the year, the kraken is released.

Witcher 3.

2014. It's gun b guud.

Yeah, since Gothic 3 this will be the best open-world fantasy RPG without any in-game loading screen! ;)

I hope so in this upcoming huge open-world will be a lovely, interesting plot, quests, characters, etc.!
Oh, & a cool modding community for the PC version, just like for TES V: Skyrim on PC now! :)

Top Bottom