Game Issues Thread

+
Some more issues:

- Geralt's Medallion cards spell Medalion (one "l" is missing) and in my last game the icon on the top of the card looked rather like a dot instead of a wolf's head.
- I opened my opponent's character sheet (Yarpen) where the space of the picture of his success dice was empty.
- The moment my opponent presses the button Fast Travel (even if in the end he does not decide to perform that action), two lines appear on the top of the screen at the same time, almost on top of each other: "[name of the player] is deciding where to travel to" and under that: "[name of the character] drew FoulFateCard [Bad Fate Card]". This happens like this in every single game every single time.
- I've seen sometimes that my opponent gained some leads, but the number of his leads didn't change (at least I haven't seen them), and it also happened that he already discarded his leads to the general supply when completing a quest, but the number of his leads didn't change until the end of his turn.
- Once I saw the following text on the screen when my opponent did an action: "Yarpen Zigrin Mrg removed" What is Mrg?

I would also have some comments on the game as the beta tester of the actual board game. Is there a possibility to PM someone here or could I get an e-mail address to forward some rather important infos? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

hitgo

Forum regular
I noticed some quest cards with a long description, some of the words would be outside the frame of the card.

Just wanna say I love the game, but I'm having two super frustrating things that have happen/happening to me.
1.) About to finish the game and come in 1st, but the game freezes right when I choose to travel to the town I need to go.
2.) I keep trying to join a lobby and I get stuck with this player that doesn't do anything, I vote to begin but it doesn't begin, no one else can seem to join, I've repeatedly exit the lobby and try to find a new one but it keeps bringing me back to this guy. Sometimes it will say three people in the lobby but doesn't show the third guys name. And no one talks... Haven't been able to play the game since.

abh

Forum regular
A message appeared on a popup window telling me to send the crash report folder to the devs.
I couldn't find anything extremely sensitive on the files, so I'm attaching it here. If this is not the proper channel, please do delete this post (and direct me to the correct one).

The issue happened when exiting a lobby. The lobby showed the name of two players (mine included), but said there were three players in there.

Attachments

• 2014-07-08_161418.zip
    40.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
It just happened in my long game today that after completing first 2 main quests the 3rd main quest couldn't be completed. I had all the prerequisites, I was with my Triss in Wyzima, I clicked on the button on the quest card and it was marked as completed (along with both subquests), but the card stayed there and I didn't receive any new main quest option. Next turn (and all consecutive turns) the original quest card was still on the main lower panel with all 3 checks checked as if it was completed. The only action I could do with the card was to hide it - in that moment it disappeared. But I still didn't got VP, the quest counter didn't increase and I didn't receive any new quest. Next turn the card was there again.

Finally like 10-15 turns later after some meaningless wandering I got back to Wyzima, where I completed some subquest (from the blue investigation card). In that moment the main quest card appeared on the top (like modal window) in the center of the screen, while I still could click on the cards below it (which I couldn't see). After all the actions were done, the main quest was finally completed and the game continued on normally.

I just has a pretty strange bug (at least I think it is a bug).
On my first turn, I went to Tretogor (from Kaer Morhen) and choose "Develop". It asked me where I wanted to develop, but I didn't realize that right away and hit the "Development" button a few more times.
Then, when I finally chose a place to perform the action, it let me choose multiple development cards. I think it did that because I've hit the button too many times, but unfortunately, I didn't count how many times I clicked, so I don't know if it let me take a development card for every time I clicked...

I hope, my description helps you guys to fix that.

Attachments

• typo1.jpg
    typo1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 61
The bug described by me above happened again in my next game. Again with Triss (different main quest now). Now it wasn't possible to resolve the bug at all, not even by going elsewhere and then returning to the location where I was supposed to finish the quest. The quest was marked as completed on the card, but it wasn't.

Despite getting the needed symbol in the roll, game does not allow me to place it on the slot and says no more possibilities:
View attachment 4644

Edit: Just noted that the symbols are not the same, but maybe too similar. Take it then as feedback and not an issue. Sorry!

Attachments

• Screen1.jpg
    Screen1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I had this exact same problem a few days ago. The symbols match but do not work. It was on Yannic Brass also.

So, there is no solution to my problem? I want at least to try the game since I had the chance to own it! :l

Game bug:
Doesn't seem to be as many people playing the game now as when it first came out. I can't start games myself only join ones someone else started and there never seems to be any games running to join. However I got a break a few minutes ago and caught someone. I rolled the dice then when the screen overlay items vanish to start character selection and all that is there is the background image briefly, it froze there and never proceeded. The game music is playing, but the game was locked up. I had to ALT-TAB out and kill it as it was froze completely except for the music.

Game bug:
Managed to join another lobby, this time it says "Players in lobby: 3" then lists only 2 names: "skeletonbow, Pragmatist123,". There is a comma at the end but only 2 names showing up. I'm not getting any responses in chat so far either, and chat looks a bit messed up.It used to show like this:

skeletonbow: blah blah blah
otheruser: bleh de bleh bleh

Now when I type something in TR029 build I just see my text with the nickname no longer showing, just the colon:
: blah blah blah

Attachments

• 13461006737871994880_2014-07-09_00003.jpg
    13461006737871994880_2014-07-09_00003.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 36
Hi guys! :)

These are from the 2014-07-04 build:
- It wasn't my turn and I clicked on a regions monster icon, I could not go back until the other player made a move.
Image: - Again when it's not our turn, I think the 2nd line of text (used action: ActionMove TRAVEL) should be a bit lower, since the "A" from "Action" get's a little bit below the "g" from "deciding". Also, I think there should be a space between "ActionMove".
Image: - Still related with the above image, notice that it doesn't show who is playing on the top (Now Plays:) during some public games.
- Shouldn't Yarpen have a different colour as not to be mistaken when choosing a location to move to?
Image:
Enjoying the game so far!

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Image6crop.jpg
    Image6crop.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 39
The bug with unfinishable main quest happend in last 3 of my games in a row. Sorry, but there's no point in playing until this is fixed.

Today's issues:
- At the beginning of the game if you wait more than 5-10 seconds, the game will choose a character instead of you, and if you click first on the requested number of quests instead of choosing a character, it does the same.
- Geralt just finished his third quest, got all the awards from the bottom of the main quest card, but when the next player's turn started, we realized that he didn't get any VPs for his last main quest. In the very next turn the game froze, and we got stuck with the picture of a good fortune card in the middle of the screen. After the stuck player left, the card disappeared and it would have been possible to continue, but Geralt still didn't get his missing VPs.
- Very important: why can't we fast travel through the naval routes if we can pay enough money? I would assume it should be even possible to use both naval routes at the same time with one action if somebody has at least 3 gold, but it's not even possible to combine traveling on land and water in one fast travel action.
- It happened again that I was told I will be getting a good fortune card, the game depicted the back of a foul fate card, and after that I got the good fortune card.
- I think the biggest bug right now is that if a foul fate card or a setback investigation card tells you to lose a faceup investigation card, but you don't have any, it'll take away one of your development cards. Once it also happened that I had one investigation card faceup and two development cards but the game still took away one of my development cards instead of the investigation card. It can be reeeeeally frustrating.
- Sometimes, when my opponent gains a new development card, after it's put on top of the rest of his development cards, the text disappears from it. I know it's so small, that you cannot read anyway, but I thought I mention it.
- Once I got the Deserters foul fate card, and the moment I started the battle, the text disappeared from the card.
- I see that the tutorial was refreshed with the war track part which is great, but the upper part of the text seems to be cut out from the actual rulebook. It sounds as if the player would have to advance the war track himself and he should put a marker or a monster somewhere (like in case of an actual board game), when here everything happens automatically, so it could be misunderstood. I've heard many people saying before war track was explained t every time the war track appeared on the screen, they tried to click on it quickly to catch the right icon. After this, they surely will try to push some buttons, since they are told that they have to place those tokens somewhere themselves. :)

I got a game killer bug, as it is not possible to solve this problem afaik.

Here is a screenshot of what was my screen at that time:

Here is how to reproduce the problem:
  1. Go in a fight with cards
  2. In the fight, roll the dices, and assign them
  3. Show your cards from your deck.
  4. Without hiding the cards, end the fight

Description of the problem:

• The first time you click on "end" while your cards are shown, the "end" UI button and labels disappear, but nothing else happens.
  • Hiding the cards hide them correctly.
  • If you have available cards, you can show them again, making the "end" UI element appear again.
  • Clicking the "end" button makes it disappear exactly like in the first item of this list (above).
  • Hiding the cards hide them correctly.
  • Then nothing can be done, excepted clicking the "Exit" button.
  • No buttons or active UI elements are displayed excepted the "Exit" button
  • The chat still works, for some time (or, up to some action I did while trying to get the game back on tracks, since I did try to hide the cards, show them again, and click "end" again), then it hangs (Nukama never got the link, nor the sentences that followed it).

Last edited:
While playing against Nukama, after I did resolve my first quest (from what I remember), the game did hang. For me, it did hang on the beginning of Nukama's following turn, and for him it did hang on the end of mine. Also, the chat was not working anymore: it did not send anything to the other party (but it did echo back what we wrote in it). Also, as a note, Nukama didn't see my first quest as resolved.

Top Bottom