Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
I have a new computer (with XP SP3), and I've already registered the game with my previous computer. Now I installed it to the new one, and tried to re-register the game, with no luck. Yes, I've done everything that is said in the faq here. I opened the IE, it has cookies enabled, I cleared all cookies (even when I don't use IE usually), I closed my virus program and the firewall, still I get the message that my validation key is wrong. I just wanted to install the EE to the game, and replay it once again, but this seems to be a difficult thing to do. On my profile here I see the game registered to me. Could anyone please help me?

I have windows 7 and installed the witcher recently, however, it wont register -.- keeps saying that internet explorer needs to accept cookies. I had to Re-install IE and activate cookies, but still no luck -.- can anyone help me out here?

You can 1. use Firefox and not choose to block the site when promted. Or:2. Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Sites -> type in the address of the site and click "allow". That should do it (you don't need to reinstall IE to change settings). If not, ask again.

anirban said:
same issu here. Unable to register the 2nd time on same computer using same user name & passwordSo i am not able to install TWEE.What can i do now. there my key ....its no use for me now REDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxits workd fine when i register first time. I am on Windows 7 , also tags now working so i need to install 1.5 patch.
what error? what did you try from the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0?
anirban said:
I have a new computer (with XP SP3), and I've already registered the game with my previous computer. Now I installed it to the new one, and tried to re-register the game, with no luck. Yes, I've done everything that is said in the faq here. I opened the IE, it has cookies enabled, I cleared all cookies (even when I don't use IE usually), I closed my virus program and the firewall, still I get the message that my validation key is wrong. I just wanted to install the EE to the game, and replay it once again, but this seems to be a difficult thing to do. On my profile here I see the game registered to me. Could anyone please help me?
are you sure your got the right letters? maybe 5 is mistaken with S, B with 8 and such ?

chaosmaster4 said:
I have windows 7 and installed the witcher recently, however, it wont register -.- keeps saying that internet explorer needs to accept cookies. I had to Re-install IE and activate cookies, but still no luck -.- can anyone help me out here?
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 see the Time synchronization thing too

Dear Support,I have purchased your game and cannot install the upgrades because my user id is not anymore recognized properly by your system.Please provide support to let me install the last updates and let me play the game I have purchased.Thank you in advance and RegardsPSI have not mentioned my user id or my email address to not be spammed.If you need one of them, please contact me by emailThank you

I purchased The Witcher in June 2009. I registered it within a couple of days. Within the last month the computer that i had the game installed on went kaput and I had to build a new one. I installed Windows 7 and all the other important stuff. Once everything was up and running stable, I installed The Witcher. I wanted to update it to the newest version and attempted to verify my registration, but I got the error that my game was registered under a different account. I've been trying to figure out what was going on for a little while and then I remembered that I usually save all my emails.After checking my email account, I found my "Thank you for registering" your game with us email that was sent to my email address (that this account was registered with) and the email even references my profile name, "Hi kagai!"So, I have proof that I registered my game last year under this account: kagai. Now, what do i do to get this problem fixed?Thank you for any help.

Hello, I am having a simple issue that i need help solving.I got this game about 1-2 years ago from a co-worker with everything.Then i installed it and got to updated before with no problems well now they are needing a regerstration Key that I never kept the book and case so i no longer have it.So how do i go along getting ahold of the Whitcher Company/Atari To get my cd-key from you guys. On my Legit REAL copy of the game to verfiy that its real from you guys is. PART# 27556DV That is writen on the CD it self. I would gladdy apperciate my cd-key that I already got once and was a Dbag that tossed it away."Really I never recalled ever seen a CD-Key for this game hence i tossed it away and got all my other games manuals in a cd case also made copy of all CD-keys on notepad and saved on External" SO GET ME MY CD KEY!

kagai said:
So, I have proof that I registered my game last year under this account: kagai. Now, what do i do to get this problem fixed?
mail at support at thewitcher.com
kagai said:
Hello, I am having a simple issue that i need help solving.I got this game about 1-2 years ago from a co-worker with everything.Then i installed it and got to updated before with no problems well now they are needing a regerstration Key that I never kept the book and case so i no longer have it.So how do i go along getting ahold of the Whitcher Company/Atari To get my cd-key from you guys. On my Legit REAL copy of the game to verfiy that its real from you guys is. PART# 27556DV That is writen on the CD it self. I would gladdy apperciate my cd-key that I already got once and was a Dbag that tossed it away."Really I never recalled ever seen a CD-Key for this game hence i tossed it away and got all my other games manuals in a cd case also made copy of all CD-keys on notepad and saved on External" SO GET ME MY CD KEY!
mail at support at thewitcher.com and explain your issue
kagai said:
Dear Support,
mail at support at thewitcher.com and detail your issue

I had some problems installing the EE, because the installer always said I should register the game, although I had already done so.I solved the problem bv now, but I thought it might help someone if I post my solution here.The solution was to let Windows do the Wlan-connection instead of AVM Wlan.Lomis

I am having the same problem, I am using windows 7 64bit. I just installed he game from the dvd, i went to apply the patch and it said i need to register, i go to register, put in code, already made an account. But says "You have to be logged in to use this action. Enable cookies in internet explorer." I have enabled the cookies in both versions of internet explorer and firefox, and still it will not connect me to finish the registration PS: I have looked at the FAQ on this, I have tried everything from using all lower case letters to running as administrator. I find it a little odd that if i was to have downloaded a cracked version i'd probably be able to update the game easier and faster then i can now with my legal version...

Narc339 said:
I am having the same problem, I am using windows 7 64bit. I just installed he game from the dvd, i went to apply the patch and it said i need to register, i go to register, put in code, already made an account. But says "You have to be logged in to use this action. Enable cookies in internet explorer."
did you set your Timezone and updated the time too as the Faq says?

I recently bought a copy of The Witcher from Amazon.co.uk, and am currently in the process of downloading and installing patches.However, I am trying to install the 1.4 patch, and I'll get to a certain point in the installation where it will ask for a CD key which is apparently on the back of the game's manual.My copy of the game did not come with a manual, instead I have a card that says the manual can be found on the disk, and gives a directory - in the directory is a .pdf file of the manual sans any sort of CD key, does anyone have any suggestions/a workaround for this?

I'm pretty sure it should have a manual as I have a UK Witcher, is it a used copy by any chance? If so, I suppose you were screwed :(Otherwise I advice to contact ATARI as they are responible for such things.

Tymon88 said:
I'm pretty sure it should have a manual as I have a UK Witcher, is it a used copy by any chance? If so, I suppose you were screwed :(Otherwise I advice to contact ATARI as they are responible for such things.
It's a second hand copy yes, but it's still legally bought so Atari should be able to help. The first thing I did was contact them, I could be long enough waiting on a response though so I posted here to see if there was anything I'd missed.

I guess the original manual has been misplaced by a previous owner,but to be honest as you bought the game from another gamer you might not be able to get help from ATARI as your money went to some person and not the company. Second-hand copies aren't popular with distributors :hmmm:I think the person you bought The Witcher from should warn you that the manual with CD-KEY is missing. It seems to be more of their fault really.EDIT:Chceck this sticky: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=19615.0

Вообщем я создал учетную запись, мне на почту пришло письмо с ссылкой, прохожу по ссылке и попадаю на главную страницу, ввожу логин и пароль, а мне пишет что учетная запись не активирована. В чем может быть проблема? I created a registration record, on mail a letter came me with reference, pass on reference and get on a main page, enter a login and password, and writes me that a registration record is not activated. What can a problem be in?

nasgool said:
I created a registration record, on mail a letter came me with reference, pass on reference and get on a main page, enter a login and password, and writes me that a registration record is not activated. What can a problem be in?
re-register again until it works

Do I need to re-enter the CD key if I reinstall the game? What happens if I re-register the game into the account that I have previously registered after reinstall?

Top Bottom