Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
Transgender Player Characters. It's 2077 and even in 2020, manipulating DNA to give someone fur, claws, tails and other animal features is a thing. That's a much more invasive surgery than adding sex organs. Plus, I can't actually think of a major AAA title that allows transgender PCs. It would fit within the world and be progressive at the same time.

1. Weapon Level Restrictions. Im not sure but some details make me think that i cant use High Level Weapons at low Level. If thats right - I dont like it.
I don't think the weapons or clothing have levels. At least they weren't labeled with any levels when looked at in the inventory screen.
2. Overfilled HUD, the cleaner the better.
They've confirmed that many of the HUD elements (i.e. damage numbers popping up) will be optional, just like in TW3.

It seemed weird how the scavengers began shooting back at V less than a second after V's first shot. Nobody would stay with their weapons on their hands 24/7 while inside their base and when they are not expecting enemies.

Maybe it is too much of a stretch to code unsuspecting enemies to go to a shelf to grab their guns at this point, but they should at least have them on their backs or pockets, and take a second to grab them to shoot back.

I've watched the video several times, really liked what I saw in the character generation screens. One thing I really find interesting is when a character can be created with "flaws".

I would very much like to play a Netrunner or a cross between a Netrunner and Techie, who is completely disabled and relies upon cybernetics in order to operate fully...which I see as a great challenge while not losing all of my humanity in an effort to be useful to a group (hacking, repairing, invention, eye-in-the-sky, research, information broker, etc.).

I often like to play support roles such as a healer where I'm an all-in-one, one-stop-shop for all of your healing needs.

I would gladly take a harder path in any game where a challenge is presented, which I feel adds to game immersion and a real sense of accomplishment when you are able to overcome it.

Hello,
The game looks fantastic but I still have some selfish desire , Here is my point:

1. I saw the difficulty level update but I want more than that. In the actual demo, everything in the game is hyper realistic but as soon as you enter a battle everything becomes like a CoD game on steroids. I would like to have the realism of your game in the battles too, where every bullet counts. No more red screens when getting shot at. You could add a "die with one bullet" but that wouldn't be fun at all. So I thought about something like this : You receive a bullet in your bionic arm -> your arm is deactivated. You receive a bullet in your face -> all your bionic eye stuff is deactivated. The more you take damage and the less likely you are to survive. Same goes for the enemies.
It would be great to FEAR being shot at and not run and shoot at everything.

Otherwise I wish you great success with your game !

Hopefully they fix all the cloned NPCs. The packed city streets when you leave the apartment sure looked impressive but only at a glance, once you pay attention you notice that almost everyone on the street has 2 or 3 clones, in some cases they are standing or walking right next to each other. Not just the same character model but an exact copy right down to identical outfits.

I hope this was a quick fix so the city streets looked busy, The streets do look much more packed then they do in the original trailer so maybe by the time the game goes live we wont have too many Quintuplets.

First of all, congratulations! Inspiring stuff the concept and everything! Really excited. [as an electronic music producer and fan of the style, I can't wait to check some Synthwave / Chillwave / Downtempo Electronica / Vapourwave / Retrowave on this game]

About the feedbacks & suggestions:

- 1 - One thing i noticed in the gameplay video and caught my eye (same thing on Witcher 3), You choosed a response in the dialogues, and the way Geralt responded or even acted .. it was totally different, whether in tone, energy, phrase form , etc ... that forced me to resume the load several times (it spoiled the vibe, atmosphere and immersion in the game) .. [this does not diminish how much cool is the game, but this was very frustrating for me].
I wondered myself if this was that hard to fix, if this was the developers trolling with the players ... or worse yet, If it was something neglected, or a bad failure of the direction / production of the game ...

- 2 - (saw that on Witcher 3 and I hope this not happens again on Cyberpunk 2077) TOO MUCH recycled skins for the monsters, enemies and NPCs and NOT SO MANY different monsters and *NPCs (*aka shop sellers, population, etc).

- 3 - I hope there are not multiple clones among the NPCs (as in Witcher 3). Is that hard to fix that? So many open worlds out there with so many variation towards the visual aspect of the NPCs and in-game population.

- 4 - At least some Synthwave / Chillwave / Downtempo Electronica / Vapourwave / Retrowave TUNES!!! haha

- 5 - This last one i'm not mega sure if it is easy to "fix" (I noticed this "deficiency" in Witcher 3), maybe more voice actors, so the world gains more immersion and atmosphere.

That's it,
best wishes guys!!

First of all, congratulations! Inspiring stuff the concept and everything! Really excited. [as an electronic music producer and fan of the style, I can't wait to check some Synthwave / Chillwave / Downtempo Electronica / Vapourwave / Retrowave on this game]
I'm not too sure about Synthwave and the likes in "this" game. I'm a Synthwave listener myself, enjoying it for what it is, but if applied to CP77 I'd be more thinking about "another Far Cry: Blood Dragon" OST than some true fresh OST. Or maybe I'm just thinking that because I heard too much of Synthwave & stuff these years.

I agree with you that we need various styles, nonetheless.

I'm not too sure about Synthwave and the likes in "this" game. I'm a Synthwave listener myself, enjoying it for what it is, but if applied to CP77 I'd be more thinking about "another Far Cry: Blood Dragon" OST than some true fresh OST. Or maybe I'm just thinking that because I heard too much of Synthwave & stuff these years.

I agree with you that we need various styles, nonetheless.

To be clear: The synthwave and sub-genres I mention not necessary needs to be "fluffy" like in many youtube sets & playlists.. What i'm suggesting its something similar with the Blade Runner vibe (both movies).. Something more dark too.
And yes, a variety of styles would be very welcome.. The "contrast" / dynamic of sounds ITS A MUST to give a feeling of movement to the journey.
But I have to stress.. Downtempo Electronica would fit perfectly to the concept, mood & atmosphere of the game in my humble opinion (at least in some point).. [as a DJ/Producer, i have to say, there is a lot of other styles that would fit perfectly too, like Melodic Techno, Underground Progressive House / Real Prog. House / Industrial Techno for heavy-flow moments, Dark Techno, Melodic Prog. House for emotion climax moments, etc.. the list is huge, with a proper search the OST of this game would be something BEAUTIFUL to testify and consume.

And I would go beyond, would be awesome a 'Remix Competition' for the 'Cyberpunk 2077' OST.

Minute 10.
I saw an ad about Trauma Team.

Wasnt that like 100$ x minute?

That building did not look like the place where you could find people with that kind of money. It would make more sense to see their ads on a corporate district.

Minute 10.
I saw an ad about Trauma Team.

Wasnt that like 100$ x minute?

That building did not look like the place where you could find people with that kind of money. It would make more sense to see their ads on a corporate district.

You know poor people buy iPhone 10s, right? And 10000-inch 4K TVs? And Teslas? And houses?

Credit cards and loans, my friend. Stuff they can't afford, they buy.

I get your point, though and I don't disagree.

Collecting my feedback on the information thus far.

One (of the) thing(s) that iff me with what we currently know of the game, is the notion that primary stats limit skills to their level and that level-ups provide statpoints (I do remember perks being mentioned in this context too, and would guess that you gain a statpoint every second level and a perk every other second).

Why is it like this? The stats are supposed to complement the skills, not limit them. A low REF ”sharpshooter” or a low INT ”hacker” should be possible to make. And whilst they should never be as good as their ”10/10” counterparts, they should have their moments in providing occupational knowledge that lower skill levels don’t possess despite higher governing attribute. This system just reeks too much of Fallout 4’s horrid perk chart.

At most, if there had to be levels and stat gates, I’d put in a soft gate at the stat above which the speed of skill improvement decreases according to how much higher it goes... 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 of the normal speed, and so forth with every point above stat level. Or something to that effect.

Ultimately, though... I’d forget stat/skill gating altogether, and have the game built over fixed difficulty (difficulty settings affecting character creation and progression... but that’s another story...) so that you wouldn’t need to keep track of the players advancement and simply let him roll the ways he can at any given time. Don’t shy away from there being a bit of trial and error and ”I can’t manage here, perhaps I’ll have to come back later” mentality.

Have the player choose his initial stats wisely and make their increments hard (cyberware and possibly few perks). Turn the statpoints from level-ups into fixed (or based on the difficulty of the mission) amount of IP’s which the player can then save for later or buy skill levels with (not stats) as per their level-based cost (level number times ten) and complement that with the learn-through-use system that would gradually decrease the cost of the skill level (eventually of course reaching and going over the line and jumping to the next skill level). Throw in the perks at every second or third level-up (maybe offer an opportunity to increase every stat once among other perks).

And for an addenum... make the stats actually affect the skills they govern in practice one way or another.

I would think that’s much more in line with the nature of the PnP (even with the levels) and mechanically more interesting to play with.

Another thing that struck me badly, was that the skilltests in the demo were just simple hardgated "yes/no" checks. Boooooriiing.... and gamey.

A lot of intrigue would already come from the checks being RNG checks that, in addition the "yes I can" and "no I can't" hard results with how they were, offers the "MAYBE I could" probability. That the success and failure aren't always clear from just looking at the task, that the character has to give it a TRY.

As for interactivity that I certainly going to be asked for for the attempts.... I hate minigames. It's way, way too often just an afterthought, and a repetitive chore with either too much or too little challenge and the character build is nothing short of meaningless beyond double gating the attempt (more useless gamey gates...).

But I figured there are ways to combine player activity to character checks...

For example...
When switching the wires for the engineering check (in the demo), it could consist (depending on difficulty) few actions. Let's say 3 for this example. Pulling out the wires and then connecting wires 1 and 2 individually. A sort of timer based check for each action, where it's always an RNG check, but if you click at the right time, it's easier.

Like:
- Pulling out the wires. V places her hands there and you see a gauge that goes fluidly between 50% adn 80%. Click on the right time get either of those or something in between adn the game checks for success. Easy task, and failure might mean just a little bit of frustration from the wires being stuck, or fingers slipping.
Success!!
- Then, reconnecting wire 1. Same deal as above, but oops... Now the gauge goes between 40% and 60% and moves a bit faster. Failure might mean a zap and a little bit of damage. Try again.
Success!!!
- Reconnecting the final wire. As above, but now the gauge goes from 20% to 40% and goes really fast. Need to be careful. Failure mgiht mean a big zap with a bit staggering, or even a short circuit that breaks the box and makes it useless.

Hey! Interactivity and player involvement without neglecting character agency! Success!!! Nobel for me!

Of course the difficulties would scale according to the characters skill against the box's difficulty, and at some point it might be so easy that you only need a check for one action (other being so easy that they atuosucceed). And there might even be a certain spot in the gauge that guarantees success (though preferably not -- perhaps on easier difficulties), but that's something I'd try to work on to include the player in the picture so that it'd not be "just a check".

Also, give the option to [autoattempt] that calculates the average success rate and then plays a short clip of V performing the task and either succeeding or failing.

And to make matter even more interesting... you might have to guess (or resolve somehow) which wire to connect first. There's that fancy eyeware with analyzing capabilities, and surely a high enough skill might help you there (or searching the library for more knowledge -- use for library search skill).

Mechanically similiar system can well be used for all relevant skilltests (hacking, lockpicking, crafting, etc) that imply a physical activity.

Dialog is already said to have a few checks here and there. But I think there should be more. Just in the name of enhancing the RPG experience and expressing the character the player wishes to build.

As was said about the existing checks, no numbers or skill-indicators need to be shown anywhere - the dialog options just are there or aren't. And whilst providing knowledge can well be a hard check, persuasion, bartering, intimidation, seduction and all forms of attempts of appealing to someone should be RNG checks (behind the screen - no visible %-indicator needed, just the line and the result of it).

Leaving those things out is a mistake even bigger than leaving social skills and stats out.

As far as the plain FPS combat goes. I'm fine if it works like the original Deus Ex. I'd even ask for that. Focus aim towards certain (character based) amount of base accuracy at a certain (character based) speed and then let recoil and bullet spread and characer progression handle the rest. Apply the same kind of (character based) waivering to ironsights as is common to sniper rifles in these games.

Other than that; I'd be fine with SU's idea to certain degree (a VATS-like pause system).
But then...
Aside from the ridiculous curving bullets and the demo implementation in general, the smart guns have a solid idea for combat gameplay behind them.

The game already has target lock (with smart guns), the game already calculates distances (to objectives), the game already has stats for guns and skills for the player, and cyberware to boot.

It's not a long way from that to either smart-guns or specific cyberware opening up a certain combat mode.
Where:
- The player has the responsibility to maneuver normally.
- The player has the responsibility to bring the crosshair close enough of the desired target and press and hold a designated key (let's say RMB) with which the crosshair locks on to the target (and probably press Q or E or use the mousewheel to switch targets on the fly).
- The game then calculates a living range of hit chances based on:
-- Characters skill level
-- The weapons specific stats
-- The players mobility
-- The enemy's mobility
-- The enemy's distance
-- Line of sight and proximity of the enemy
-- Lighting
and applies that visually to a modified crosshair not dissimiliar to the one seen here at the camera:

- The gauge gives a range of THC based on the situation and lets the bar focus for a certain amount of seconds to reach the characters max chance before restarting or eventually disengaging (losing focus).
- The player then has to pull the trigger at as s/he sees fit (preferably at the best possible time as indicated by the gauge on crosshair, but sometimes there's no time to wait for that... it's basically a 2020 mechanic where you are allowed to spend a turn to take aim and get a bonus accuracy in the next... if you're still alive).
- The game calculates recoil throwaway modifier from the guns stats and applies it to subsequent shots (fast semi-auto; burst; full auto).
- The player might even choose different bodyparts (or other parts... like ones in that mech suit, or a in a vehicle) on the fly by moving the mouse towards them (not dissimiliar to how it is done in Kingdom Come or Crackdown) and the game might apply difficulty modifiers to them.
- Not much different from using ironsights in an FPS functionally, but mechanically more RPG and far less twitchy.
- At the end of the skillrange, the player has nearly guaranteed THC to close proximity enemies while long range ones might still miss.

Most of what's needed is already in the game. And this wouldn't even change the flow too much for the FPSers if they wanted to try it out. Relatively easily combineable with wall jumping and those timemachine drugs.

It's different. But it combines character stats to combat prowess seamlessly and without the player being able to compensate much (and thus nullifying the skills existence).

So there. Make of it what you will.

Adding to the above (due to characterlimit).

I don't really want difficulty to consist of HP/DMG buffs/debuffs. That's boring. I voted for "Mix and Match", but for a reason of my own....

What I would like to see is the difficulty to be static and the different settings affecting the impact of skills and stats, general progression speed and availability/price of items and services and perhaps the rules that govern the NPC's (negatively for harder levels and positively for easier).

They could even split the difficulty settings in two gauges where for a crude example:

Combat difficulty measures relevant combat related specs:
- Weapons/ammo/armor/mods rarity&prices.
- Combat cyberwear rarity&prices.
- Enemy accuracy, AI and possibly amount.
- And minimum damage in the case they opt for a range per bullet (i.e. 4-12) instead of a flat number.

And Gameplay difficulty handles the rest:
- XP requirements per level ups.
- Starting levels and progression speed of skills.
- Skill impact on gameplay (combat - accuracy/spread/recoil for guns; strike speed and damage for melee/HtH).
- Difficulty of the non-combat skilltests (still hoping they ditch the skill gates and opt for 2020 styll RNG+gating where appropriate).
- Non-combat item/cyberwear prices and availability.
- Stat effects on the PC's physical and mental prowess (i.e. how much REF affects movement etc.).

E.g. If the difficulties per gauge go for Easy, Normal and Hard, you could tailor the game to suit your style to quite a large degree.

- Going for hard combat and hard gameplay, you get a very hard and stat driven gameplay across the board.
- Going for easy combat and easy gameplay, you get an easy storydriven action adventure.
- Going for hard combat and easy gameplay, you get an action adventure that has HC shooter combat.
- Going for easy combat and hard gameplay, you get very stat driven RPG where combat is (whilst more tied on stats) relatively easy.

Add in "Normal" in the mix...

Mix and match.

That's not meant to be exactly what I'm suggesting, but giving the broad idea of it.

Something along those lines. Too many permutations and choices just make things confusing and cumbersome, and possibly even frustrating (it’s not supposed to be ”Options - The Game”), but I don’t think this is there yet. Fallout 1 and 2 had a system of that ilk... Not precisely the same (because the gameplay was very different), but similar. And I would guess it could work here too with a bit of tuning.

I'm not really a sucker for "realism". I liked Arma series all the way from it still being Operation Flashpoint, but with these sorts of games... I don't really see it being "fun" to constantly getting a *poof* you're dead message.

I'd really prefer the game played more with abstraction and more systemic approach. Abstracted, more character based accuracy -- and instead of a HP bar, I'd like to see something of sort of like the "wound" system from the PnP.

Let's say you (and the NPC's) have 7 different basic states of being:
- Buffed
- Well
- Fatigued/disoriented
- Lightly wounded
- Moderately wounded
- Severely wounded
- Mortally wounded
- Dead

Each state of being is a bundle of effects that grows on top of the previous state.

- Buffed happens under drugs
  • Stat bonuses according to what you've consumed.
- Well
  • all is well.
- Dead
  • Time to reload
- Fatigued
  • Timed
  • Cures itself eventually
  • Can be treated by the character with basic means
  • Slight hit to speed (slower movement)
  • Slight hit to accuracy (blurry and "alive" crosshair that widens and contracts itself, disaligned ironsights)
  • Slight timely visual blurriness (can be compensated with drugs)
- Lightly wounded
  • Remains until treated
  • Can be treated by a doc or the PC with appropriate medical skills and tools
  • Can be somewhat compensated with drugs
  • Slightly bigger hit to speed
  • Slightly bigger hit to accuracy
  • No further effects to vision
- Moderately wounded
  • Remains until treated
  • Causes slow bleeding effect that will eventually turn the wound into severe (can be treated separately with relateive ease)
  • Can be treated by a doc or the PC with appropriately higher medical skills and tools
  • Can be slightly compensated with drugs
  • A noticeable hit to accuracy
  • A noticeable hit to speed
  • Slightly more blurry vision
- Severely wounded
  • Remains until treated
  • Causes faster bleeding effect that will eventually turn into mortal wound (can be treated separately, but not easily)
  • Can be treated by a doc or the PC with really high medical skills and tools
  • Can be slightly compensated with drugs
  • Heavy hit to accuracy
  • Heavy hit to movement
  • Noticeable visual distortions
- Mortally wounded
  • Trauma team time, hope you have your insurances in order
  • Heavy bleeding that will eventually kill you
  • Heavy hit to vision and speed
  • Almost incapable to fight
  • Requirement to get somewhere where the TT can fix you to what ever end your insurance allows
  • TT not guaranteed to save you (chances based on insurance level, location and threat level for the TT)
  • Can be treated by a companion with appropriately high medical proficiency
  • Companion can also be asked to try and take you to a safe enough location for TT

When an enemy hits you or whe you hit an enemy, the game rolls for the wound based on your accuracy, the base damage of your gun, the armor class and the location of the hit. The more accuracte you are, the more likely you are to pull off a really devastating shot (your ability to hit targets is better physically and after you can hit something, your chances of causing greater wounds or instant kills increases). Lower level enemies are less accuracte and less likely (but not incapable of) to create higher wound states.

The wound states do pile up, but not in a strictly linear order. For example, you might have to cause 5 "fatigues" to jump to "light wounds, 4 "light wounds" before it jumps to a "moderate wound" and 3 "moderates" to jump to "severe", and so on, but based on your character and roll, you might do a "severe wound" straight away in one shot, or jump from "fatigued" to "mortal" in one shot, or even kill someone in one shot. All right from the start, but the efficiency and chances alter based on your characters aptitude (and of course, the same goes for NPC's shooting/hitting you).

It's all based on the character while the player does the action (moving, choosing when and whom to shoot). How combat itself would work is another topic.

And if difficulty modifies the PC's based abilities before skill and other modifiers and the game is built for set difficulty (like I suggested earlier), it'll be really hard for a low level PC to function properly in combat in harder difficulties.

It'd be really neat if the NPC bots in the city were being tied to a set of simple interactions that would trigger based on random difficulty check against COOL and a skillcheck from thereon (like intimidating, pickpocketing, seducing, asking for simple "rumors" (few simple words to hint for something), and stuff like that).

The chatter need not be anything but V asking something like: "Hi, anything going on around here lately?" And the responses might also be singular oneliners... from denials (that probably would be the bulk of them) "Leave me alone", "Fuck off asswipe" or "I don't have time for this" to something like, "I heard there was some ruckus between the 3rd and Maine" or "Cops just rushed into Edna's Diner, wonder what's that about." Mechanically handled similiarly to how the soda ad worked but with an included "random encounter" if the player decides to check it out.

For a crude Example:

Somehow it just feels kind of pointless to have all those bots wandering around and all the care put into them and their routines, but yet... there's absolutely nothing of any merit you can do to/with them.

Last edited:
No which systems/features did you see in the demo that you liked?

That's a tough one, actually. I wouldn't wish to say "none" because that's not true.

I liked:
- that the NPC's had those floating tags over their heads (sounds silly, I know). I just wish there were even subtle ways of interacting with them (that there was a point in knowing that "this dude is [Urban Freak]", "this gal is [Slacker]"...).

- the rough idea and implementation of the dialog system where you look at different things and get options from them. I just wish there were more of those skill checks behind the screen (like, grabbing the gun option shouldn't be guaranteed success, but a skillcheck -- I don't know if it was or wasn't, but from the way dialog checks were explained later, it sounds like they might well not be).

- the base idea behind smart guns (just not that specific implementation).

- jacking into people and getting info like that sick girl in the tub.

- the base idea behind the analyzer eyeware (what ever it was called).

That's a few from the top of my hat. I'll have to rewatch it to see if there was anything more (although, if I've forgotten them already, they might've not been anything too important).

Last edited:
It's probably already been said (I hope) but I've just found this forum/thread and haven't read through the entire topic yet. So if so, just consider it another voice.

1. I hope they're intending to have at least some form of minigames for activities like hacking and engineering. The vid didn't suggest as such, but of course it is WIP. I rather dislike simply pressing a button to "use a skill" in true gimpy hands-off RPG style; I far prefer having to actually do something, like hacking in System Shock.

It's probably already been said (I hope) but I've just found this forum/thread and haven't read through the entire topic yet. So if so, just consider it another voice.

1. I hope they're intending to have at least some form of minigames for activities like hacking and engineering. The vid didn't suggest as such, but of course it is WIP. I rather dislike simply pressing a button to "use a skill" in true gimpy hands-off RPG style; I far prefer having to actually do something, like hacking in System Shock.

My hope would be that any mini games are optional. Pool for example or other games. IF I want to engage in a mini game I can, I would rather not have mini games to open doors or any other way that blocks progress in the game.

Andromeda had so much that was wrong with it but one of the things I remember most strongly was having to do those stupid Sudoku puzzles in order to progress the main story. None of that please.

Top Bottom