Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
-Could the PC relax his/her arm for a while after holding the heavy rifle up for so long.
which would lower the weapon out of combat and in combat would keep the weapon ready for fire.
/Similiar system for Lowered Weapons mod for Fallout 4.
-Instead of giving 10 x options for hair color could it be possible to add color wheel to the character creation menu that adjusts the color of the hair
so everyone could pick just the right hair color for their character.
-CyberPsychosis, if you overdose tech in your character you could end up killing random NPC's ( Like chance of losing control of the character for a while and deal with consequences / Major stat increase and Decrease for appropriate stats.)
-Keep the mature theme up.

Just few suggestions that would be nice to see in final release of Cyberpunk 2077.

and that gameplay trailer fried the rest of the upcoming releases till CyberPunk 2077 ;)

Last edited:
Greetings! Like most people here, I'm a big fan of the company and love what you do. I'm very excited about Cyberpunk 2077 even as it currently stands in the gameplay reveal video. But to be completely honest, I feel as if the characters and dialogue are way below your standard. To me the 50 minute demo felt more like a generic Hollywood adaptation of the future with some dull actors that just recite bland and cheesy line. There is a lot of commotion in the world around them, and the implications of their missions are so dramatic, yet they completely contrast all of that with how bland and inauthentic they are, in turn giving the game a kind of vapid atmosphere...

I understand that this is a work in progress, and to be fair it still looks better and more appealing than a lot of games on the market. But you guys can do a lot better than this when it comes to characters. The last Witcher games had characters full of personality and soul. Here the personalities are completely cliche and there is practically no soul. V, Jackie, the Corporate Agent... they're all generic, one-dimensional, and soulless.

Jackie in particular (though he does seem to have a little bit of soul compared to the others) is just a complete joke of a character. He talks with that standard Mexican accent you constantly hear in commercial movies; talks about all the stereotypical street Mexican things like "new wheels", how big his balls are, superstitions and astrology; keeps repeating "jaina", "pendejo", "culo", "hombre"... I don't know what to make of him. Is he supposed to be like your lovable, comic-relief futuristic Mexican side-kick throughout the game? He's not entirely a bad character concept per se, but implemented into this world and this role he just comes across as a caricature.

Either way, this is just my reaction from watching the demo and some criticism from my perspective. I have faith in what you do given your track record with the Witcher, so please don't take this the wrong way. But I would really encourage you to constantly think about how great science-fiction authors write their characters, not how Hollywood writes characters. (Overall the game looks great. Cheers!)

Greetings! Like most people here, I'm a big fan of the company and love what you do. I'm very excited about Cyberpunk 2077 even as it currently stands in the gameplay reveal video. But to be completely honest, I feel as if the characters and dialogue are way below your standard. To me the 50 minute demo felt more like a generic Hollywood adaptation of the future with some dull actors that just recite bland and cheesy line. There is a lot of commotion in the world around them, and the implications of their missions are so dramatic, yet they completely contrast all of that with how bland and inauthentic they are, in turn giving the game a kind of vapid atmosphere...

I understand that this is a work in progress, and to be fair it still looks better and more appealing than a lot of games on the market. But you guys can do a lot better than this when it comes to characters. The last Witcher games had characters full of personality and soul. Here the personalities are completely cliche and there is practically no soul. V, Jackie, the Corporate Agent... they're all generic, one-dimensional, and soulless.

Jackie in particular (though he does seem to have a little bit of soul compared to the others) is just a complete joke of a character. He talks with that standard Mexican accent you constantly hear in commercial movies; talks about all the stereotypical street Mexican things like "new wheels", how big his balls are, superstitions and astrology; keeps repeating "jaina", "pendejo", "culo", "hombre"... I don't know what to make of him. Is he supposed to be like your lovable, comic-relief futuristic Mexican side-kick throughout the game? He's not entirely a bad character concept per se, but implemented into this world and this role he just comes across as a caricature.

Either way, this is just my reaction from watching the demo and some criticism from my perspective. I have faith in what you do given your track record with the Witcher, so please don't take this the wrong way. But I would really encourage you to constantly think about how great science-fiction authors write their characters, not how Hollywood writes characters. (Overall the game looks great. Cheers!)
Go tell them that on like discord Facebook. I already reached them about that. But the more people the better. Also, theres not really a lot of scifi books and movies that do great characters and top notch dialogues. I would say to cdpr (i already did a couple of times via Facebook and discord through pm) to go look at the hbo show The Wire, go look at Classic litterature (dostoevsky, kafka and all that) to know how to writen great dialogues and great characters that are realistic. Things like neuromancer and a majority of scifi Books arent very great At writing great characters and great dialogues that are realistic. The Wire also has the most realistic and organic dialogues on tv to this day

I disagree especially about the corporate agent. I really loved what little I saw of her. But, perhaps you could wait for the full story and context to judge? We can't judge and offer feedback for story and characters when we have seen so little of it.(PS Voice actress of V is the b-e-s-t!!!)

In the gameplay demo Borys implied there would be other apartments. It's now confirmed as a redditor asked the offical twitter who confirmed:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/9bu0d5
I hope we'll be able to customize these flats in some way and maybe add traps assuming some missions allow you to lure your enemies where you want.
I can already imagine being safe in one of my apartment as a Netrunner, luring an enemy into another one of my places with false informations etc. only for him to realize he can't get out alive (unless you need him/her).

Ok, so I have a small suggestion. Assuming that you can romance other characters like you can in the witcher, I can also assume that there will be both male and female interests. I'd like it if you could assign your character a functional sexuality so that you can lock off romance options you don't really have an interest in. You could set your male character as hetero and only get female options, or set them as homo and only get male options. Bi would be the default though I think, just for people who don't care and like the options.

I absolutely love what y'all have done, have been following the game for years and the reveal exceeded expectations (which is a monumental task if you ask me)

skill paths in quests: In The Witcher 3, there would sometimes be "delusion 3 required", even if you didn't have delusional leveled up. I think it would be cool to hide those options entirely unless you actually had the skill, to prevent influencing a players build/decisions.

As an alternative to fast travel (if fast travel is a thing): let Jackie drive, autopilot/selfdriving cars, or taking public transportation. Good time to customize gear, play minigames, or take a nap until you arrived.

Dynamic gear. Buffs, debuffs, and special abilities could make for a dynamic armor system. Future clothing will probably incorporate tech, or connect with cybernetic mods since they are also part of the fashion industry (like hoodies with headphone drawstrings lol)

Let's say you find a militech riot jacket with stats "+20 melee damage (+35 if militech subdermal grip equipped)",
Or "if used with militech optics, you can tag enemies"

I'm sure others have mentioned it already and with nothing but respect to the voice actors involved, the dialogue and its direction were very lacking at best and irritating at worst. Reason for why I feel like that is the street style they speak in doesn't feel natural as if the characters are trying too hard to look cool. I'm all for the "punk" in cyberpunk, but considering the characters just came back from a mission where they absolutely wrecked an entire harvester lair without breaking a sweat you'd expect them to sound more experienced and mature in the words they choose instead of sounding like edgy teenagers.

I propose that they still use curse words and all, just in a more poetic/classy fashion as seen in TV shows like Deadwood and The Expanse.

I would like to see the script refined more too. I like the voice actors and visual look of the characters, I also like the over-all feel of the writing, but I feel certain areas of dialog need refining to make them flow better and feel less awkward.

1) Yes, exactly what I said! Daytime looked especially good, something I didn't expect. The aesthetic is brilliant, it's not cartooney, but stylized and it fits perfectly! but regarding your second point, while crowds are really cool, I don't think there will be much interactivity sadly, don't expect that much in that regard.
You're probably right, but interaction doesn't have to be super deep, just there. Even if it's as simple as letting us beat on pedestrians--as psycho as that sounds. As much as I love W3, it always broke the illusion whenever that infernal "You cannot attack this target" message showed up. A huge part of the fun with open-world sandboxes is seeing what you can get away with. Maybe I want to pickpocket tourists, or plant dugs on homeless people. Or shake down a local business owner for eddies so I can score a sweet hit of brain dance. Frankly, I miss RPGs that give you the option of being a bastard. If the game's going to force me to be a cop I'd appreciate the freedom to at least define that role--for good or for ill.
Post automatically merged:

1)As an alternative to fast travel (if fast travel is a thing): let Jackie drive, autopilot/selfdriving cars, or taking public transportation. Good time to customize gear, play minigames, or take a nap until you arrived.
This. This. THIS!
Autodriving cars are a MUST, especially for shootouts that pop up when you don't have Jackie to "take the wheel."
Autodrive: Engage!
Minigames are a great idea too! It'd be very reflective of RL to hop on a metro and play some future version of 'Bejeweled' until you arrive at your destination, especially when/if you occasionally do look up you see everyone else doing the same--trapped in their own little reality. The meta-ness level is off the charts!

Last edited:
Awesome! I didn't expected gameplay reveal, while I was on holyday. :)

It's cathes the Cyberpunk mood and feel. The quest's stories are great. Jackie, Victor, the corpo b1thc and the Maelstorms (Dumdum is my favorite, sadly he was the first dead of the the battle) are top notch NPC's. (y)

It's like the old Deus EX on crack! :)

Pros:
- The look and feel of living Night City.
- The roleplaying game aspects of the game.
- The qests so far.
- The way the NPC's treat the wannabe edgerunners, with no street cred.
- The borging process.
- Using of vehicles.
- Silent takedowns.
The above makes me wanna play this game, but here come some nitpicks:

Neutral:
- Nothing special. Just like any FPS on the market. Though I expected something special, I can live with it. (bullettsponges, ect)
- The mantis blades were much cooler in the old trailer.
- The overusing of words: cunt, jaina (good for a drinking game, but please :))
pulp-starcp.jpg

Cons:
- V's infinite ammo trick. (I hope it's for sake of the demo) She was emptied at least 15-20 clip only from her pistol. Where she carrying such load of ammo without any special ammo harness (like what Dumdum weared). If you limit the ammo, then looting and being tactical makes sense again.
- The lucky bag style dilalogue system. The one in DeusEX:Human Revolution's system were better.
- Double jumping on the wall without seeing your legs is lame. If you say full body awareness then do it.
- Immortal and useless companion in combat. Don't be like the other games if you want to make something memorable. The reviving after combat were better belivable.
- Using inhalers for actvate Kerenzikov is stupid. Please use cooldown instead.
- Regen health.

Should be cool:
- Rippers, wolwers and slice'n'dices (monowhips) are basic things in CP2020

Keep up the good work!
Post automatically merged:

I don't know any of you noticed but in E3 trailer where the Traumas attacked that russian gangster looking guy and his friends, were on the same place where Scaveger quest takes place, and the big guy were the scav. boss with the wall blasting gun.

Maybe there is a more sneaky apporach of the quest where you make your way to the girl, remove the shard and wait for the TT to make the wetwork for you. That should be very cool.

Maybe it's for only the trailer.

Last edited:
1. (What I liked)The customization options are something that a lot of developers dont pay attention to, it's good to have variety and a lot of options available I really liked what I saw.

2. The Damage numbers on targets heads reminds me somewhat of borderlands two. Nostalgic, different and a lot of developers dont put the damage numbers, I see no sense in removing it .I sense most people who played borderlands two would agree with me. In my opinion it it makes the game stand out from normal first person shooters the way borderlands 2 did. Especially with all the element type damage being in a different color

3. Providing players with a challenge (to so who choose) always seems like a good option. Such as players who might be interested in more challenging modes of play like single life playthroughs. It attracts attention from a lean audience that search for these types of Challenges a game presents.

4. Dialogue options based on stats seems a step in the right direction given how other games like Fallout four strayed away from it and only allowed persuasion as the only Stat based Dialogue option. IT broke the tradition Fallout new vegas and Fallout 3 set. It's good to see it returning and hoping for some diverse playthroughs and options based on stats.

I am a long-time player of Cyberpunk 2020, and have watched the demo more than twice all the way through, so I thought I would put some thoughts up here. I realize that this is still a pretty early view of the game, so I will try not to comment too much on things that are surely still being developed like dialog, weapon effects, and the HUD.

1. The first thing that has grabbed me as far back as the earliest trailers is the look of Night City. Most of ally, I like how densely packed it is with structures and people, as I have always pictured it. I do hope we get to see it at night and under different weather effects. I also look forward to seeing the other parts of the city and how they contrast with Watson.

2. I am glad that the decision was made to make the game in First Person. If you are going for immersion, especially in a Cyberpunk game, First Person is the way to go. I don't think an option to play in third person would be unreasonable consideration, but it would not play as well for me.

3. Someone commented on how, despite the broad diversity of characters you see in the game, they are mostly the same height. I would like to add on that I do think it would be great to see a greater diversity in body types (short, tall, broad, thin, etc) because not many games do that.

4. Combat is about what I expect. If anything, I'm sure you have much more to build out with regards to combat. What we have seen so far, seems mostly from a Solo perspective with some Techie actions, but I am eager to see what you have planned for Netrunners. (I guess hacking the one thug is kind of a taste of things to come)

5. Before the demo was released publicly, I was most excited about some of the E3 reports that talked about the vehicle gun fights. One of my favorite Cyberpunk concepts is the tech driver or Rigger (I'm not sure if that term exists outside of Shadowrun). I do hope that the game sees its share of Driver-based missions. Being part of a team is a large part of what Cyberpunk is to me, though I don't know if there is a plan to have missions larger than V and a companion.

6. Gameplay, so far, looks fun. I like the interactions we get to see with the RipperDoc and how the negotiations go down with the Corpo and the Cybergang. There is a lot of talk of how this seems scripted or on rails, and I can only think to say 1) it is still an early, and 2) it is a demo, so we're only going to see what has been prepared. I am impressed with what we have seen so far and look forward to seeing it fleshed out.

7. I have seen the discussion of Loot come up several times. I get the need of some players to have some kind of aquisition from their combats. Personally, loot had never really been something that was done in the Cyberpunk games that I have played. Sure, you might pick up weapons and ammo from fallen foes, but the real goods in those games was usually data or other mission objectives. Opponents might have credchips on them, but more than likely, their most valuable possessions was their cyberware.

8. I like that it looks like quests are being approached with multiple solutions in mind. There are games that do this, but not many. Moreover, the impact of those choices reappearing further down the line or changing the course of the story is what I'd really like to see more of. Most games give an illusion of choice, but in the end, there is only a handful, if not just one, of possible outcomes. I'm excited to see how this goes.

The game is going to need a lot of reviews before it is finally ready off the shelves. Play it safe than sorry. IGN, metacritic, gamescom everyone, everything should be perfect nothing should be left to chance. If CDProjectred could bring something flawless to table it changes everything. Like a fine wine if perfect audineces will never forget it.

Hello, i am a huge fan of CD PROJECT RED'S games.I watched the 50min gameplay of Cyberpunk and i would like to share some ideas about the game's identity.
I am well aware that the game's work in progress but in my opinion some things have taken a wrong turn.

First and foremost,game's graphics seem old fashioned and repel the gamer and his experience to feel that he/she are part of the game and it's world.
In the meantime watching the video i felt that i was watching grand theft auto or watch dogs and other similar open world games that exist.
I didn't feel the feeling of the futuristic world which some movies taught us(example given Blade Runner which stated the core of Cyberpunk's feeling) and of course in the game ,the feeling of atmosphere is absent.

Second and last ,I believe that the way you designed the age is somewhat incomplete and false.A cyberpunk's age doesn't suggest sunny days,clean weather and sunshine.
A cyberpunk age suggests carbon dioxide (CO2) ,dark skies,acidification,water shortage and these are concluded to a dark age which is most relevant to the Cyberpunk's theme.

They are also a lot of things that need improvement and i know you understand to which i am referring to because the game started to develop a way which doesn't follow it's identity and if do, will not stand to it's name.

Thank you for your time, i just shared my opinions and thoughts about the game.
Hello, not to sound like I'm championing for CDPR, I'm commenting just because I think you've misunderstood something. Cyberpunk isn't bladerunner, it does have a lighter tone and I think they nailed that atmosphere and visual style. Also, keep in mind what they said when someone asked them : there WILL be rainy days, cloudy days and of course night and worse parts of the city so not all night city is going to be like that. Let's wait and see.

just an advice , for peoples who are pointing issue with some characters we met (like the lady agent) . Comparing cyberpunk (1st game of it's kind) to the witcher 3 is kinda unfair . why ? because the witcher 3 is the Number 3 in a long serie . So you are seeing from a fan view where you got 3 games to get to know the peoples and get attached to them .

It doesn't compare to a new game , or a new character you just met for 5min . Of course , they come off as bland , as idiot..as stupid... we have nothing on them! no history , no attachement , nothing!!

so just my 2cents ;)

I really don't have much to say or argue against since I've been thorougly impressed with the gameplay demo. But one thing I do hope to see down the line or implemented on release is the aversive affects of using narcotics and huffing. Seems more like a buff than what it should be in terms of the setting. Add negatives along with the positives, a risk or outweighing factor. At least alter the effects you see during gameplay like tripping/seeing-hallucinations and you're shooting at thin air, the screen blurs or ripples, or random points of cough fits during battle which scares the balls out of you.

Drugs now become more of a scapegoat kind of thing instead of an abuse train where you're huffing all manner of things.

Attachments

• timeincapp.jpg
    timeincapp.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Couple more thoughts

- The character lip syncing was not very good. Looks very outdated. I realize the game will be sold in many languages but if the lips are meant to speak english then it should look more realistic.
- Facial animations not very good. The facial animations did not convey the tone of the voice in the few sequences you could see the other person talking.
- Objects "disappearing" because you magically picked them up (e.,g. gun, jacket, etc) is very old-gen. For a truly next gen game we should see our character interacting with objects in the world.
- This has been mentioned somewhat. The people walking around all move at same speed, are same height and same gate (walk cadence). Almost all I could tell were swinging their arms the same way. in reality, especially cyberpunk world, EVERYONE WOULD BE LOOKING AT THEIR PHONES even while walking.
- We really don't need to see genitals in character creation. We know what they look like, and we get that the game is mature game, but it's GRATUITOUS and unnecessary. Unless it's something you can configure, it doesn't need to be flaunted.
- Please re-do Jackie's voice. No Mexican voice, use Russian or something more serious tone. That actor is too "cartoony" sounding.

SIDE NOTE:

- The netrunner, t-bug, sounds a lot like the actress (Debra Wilson) who voiced Grace Walker in Wolfenstein 2. Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:
1.Add a fliter bottom to censor nudity as many would be playing in living room .

2. Game doesn't favour a particular playstyle or type like guner which is heavily shown in gameplay .

3.Able to play game till the end as fixer or corporate or netrunner who while being safe can kill the whole gangs with lifting a gun . Like netruner who put viruses in army while eating banana cheese chips in home or like fixer who can hire thugs or a corprate agent who can send his employees .

Some of my impressions:

- Wasn't combat supposed to be lethal? It seems disappointingly standard to me - everybody is capable of eating a lot of bullets. You can even heal up on the fly. I don't think I will be interested in gunplay at all as it doesn't offer anything truly unique that other games wouldn't have.

- Manticore Blades and wall-running was pretty cool. Very Predator-like and seems to go along with the stealth approach. Here is some hope that melee combat will prove to be more interesting.

- Environmental destruction is a good thing.

- For an RPG the choices seem pretty limited.

- It had "console" written all over it, which isn't something that inspires confindence in me.

- It looks like it will be very Deus Ex-esque game, which can be both good and bad.

- The city seems to be like an actual city, with a lot of people in it.

- They didn't really show any of the Netrunner gameplay.

- The use of skills don't seem to be based around RNG-checks and is very standard, again, so nothing to see here really.

All in all the demo proved me right to be highly skeptical about Cyberpunk 2077. I expected it to be more... revolutionary.

I loved the features overall, but there are some things that didn't sit well with me:
1) I saw the same NPC on the street as the main character was walking from her apartment to meet up with Jackie. This isn't that big of an issue, but it is an issue nonetheless and it happened more than once. I know that it's impossible to never run into the same NPC twice on the street in any open world game, but please make it less prevalent.
2) The time between choosing a dialogue option and the dialogue would result in awkward silence in dialogue. Sometimes, it was less apparent because characters talking to you would still talk like the Corpo woman demanding you to talk while the dialogue options were up. Sometimes this can create tension, but please put it up to the player's discretion like how in Mass Effect 1, the dialogue options were available the second a character would talk to you and you could choose what to say a lot quicker resulting in awkward pauses, but again, those pauses can create good tension.
3) The dialogue options were sometimes really vague to what the character would say upon selection and I think that it's because the vernacular in the Cyberpunk universe is kind of foreign to people. Like I didn't know what "eddies" were until the narrator in the demo said something.
That was all that I saw that could be considered a negative and I know that it's a work in progress.

For things that I want to see and wish for:
1) I would love to see stealth elements like possible Militech skinware that makes the character invisible for a short time like Ghost in The Shell when Mokoto took her clothes off, clothing that can be upgraded with cloaking-technology, or the ability to silently climb walls via augmentations to the finger-tips like Spider-Man, and suppressed firearms.
2) Clothing, hair, and other cosmetic things that will be in the game. I saw a lot of options for customization and I choose fashion over stats a lot in games, so I want to see the possibilities for customization in Cyberpunk 2077. A photo-mode to take pictures in-game would also be nice.
3) Things to do in the city aside from quests like gambling, getting beat up for not paying gambling-debts, mini-games around the world, participating in underground street fighting, races, nightlife, cuisine, etc.
4) A reputation system that's faction-specific: it seems like it was sort of hinted in the gameplay, but being a nuisance to Corpos should be visibly measured in a trust and distrust meter of some kind and their goons should pop up to scare or hurt the player randomly or in a quest. Reputation with factions should result in faction-support being available in quests or fights on the streets. I plan on fighting the corpos a lot in the game :)
5) I want to see what else the player-apartment can do. Pets, apartment-customization like posters, colors of the floor and floor-type, lighting, furniture-options, etc.
6) It seems like immersion and atmosphere is important to Cyberpunk 2077 and I must say that it looks and feels Cyberpunk in so many good ways; I want to see a mode where the player needs to attend to realistic needs like hunger, thirst, and slumber. It would be so immersive to actually experience having that bottle of scotch that V wanted after the quest that Dexter gave and having to sleep off the alcohol and drink water to get hydrated. Or buying noodles at stand while in between quests. Though having realistic needs would also require a more realistic timescale which I always love in RPGs.
7) Mod-support. I know CDPR is fine with mods, so please allow mod-support to this game. It extends the life of games immensely and fans love the customization of stock-features or items.
8) Animals that have cyberware like guard-dogs with mechanical jaws that can bite through concrete would make for a cool enemy-type; birds with surveillance technology would make for tense situations too.
9) A table-top Cyberpunk 2077 game. Possible item included in a super special edition or sold separately.
10) Radio stations to tune into that play good music and possibly comment on quests that the player has completed.
11) The main character's degeneracy should be optional.

Top Bottom