[GENERAL] Where to get most eXP - killing zones

+
Somebody mentioned killing the golem in act II in the "usual" way. What is the usual way? My way has been to go round and round with him for 20 minutes or so, alternating between blasting him with Igni signs followed by a few quick sword whacks while his guard's down.

Funny, I tried diddling around with those pylons before fighting the golem, and ended up getting electocuted myself. Die and learn.

Actually this shouldn't happen anymore with the EE but actually there is no difference http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17542.0 :hmmm:I necrophaged an old save, got my Sentry odds & ends together and check it... but prior to that I will start an experiment :teeth:

Playing the game through and completing a good chunk of the sidequests, I finished at L35 with no grinding involved.

Guest 2081505

Corylea said:
I don't get it -- why do people experience grind? For me, one of the great things about this game is that you don't have to! I hate experience grinding, and having the game give adequate XP for quests means that you can concentrate on the plot and not worry so much about levels.
Sign. Grinding in "The Witcher" is absolutely pointless - and counterproductive. Geralt will be too strong at the end with normal levelling. But...But Geralt had such a tremendous fight which could be the dream of all hardcore-grinders. And it seems to me that these grinding grounds are still waiting for them: Kikimore lair!http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=yGbWFauFF2I

In Vizima near the sewer entrance, you meet the "con artist" who gives you a key to a crypt in the sewers. In that crypt are at least 6 graviers plus other, lesser undead. The graviers are worth several hubdred xp per pop (depending on your level). When you're done, exit the crypt, then immediately renter. They're all back. It's a pretty big crypt, and the undead are in different positions each time you go in, so it's a fairly interesting "grind" area. First time through got me about 6,000 Xp. By level 28 it was down to about 2,500, but that's still pretty good. At one point I had over 100 gravier heads in my pack.

One hundred? That's quite a lot. How many times did you run the crypt? ;DThere is an other way to earn a bit more exp though you can repeat it endlessly. It's just a matter of handling quests in Act III.Reaping time: You rescue all 3 groups of hostages. When you rescue the group in the swamp cave, you clean the cave of the c'oc'k'atrices (who give lots of exp, +700 per feather) as well. Don't take the special mushroom (and don't forget to talk to the boy for 'The lost lamp').'Diplomacy and Hunting': There are acutally 2 possibilities to find Roland Bleinheim. You can find him in the far north of the swamp in a Salamandra camp (the former Scoia'tael camp). If Geralts kills all there he gets the items from Bleinheim and you don't need the hierophant. It's a quick solution – when you are in a hurry.But we aren't in a hurry.You talk to the hierophant to trigger 'Diplomacy and Hunting'. You go once again to the cave and now take the psilocybe mushroom. Once again you take the c'oc'k'atrices exp. You ally with the hierophant and fight the Salamandra and Roland Bleinheim, who is not far away from the druid's grove. You earn the items and exp for defeated bandits.After that you should pay a visit to the northern camp. It's full with Salamandra bandits who are packed with items, Orens and exp. Instead of Roland Bleinheim (who is already dead) you find a Salamandra mage there who rewards you with exp… when he is dead ;DIf you are particulary exp greedy you should go to the camp at night to pass the place with all the aghouls, cemetaurs, ghouls, etc. Taking this Salamandra camp is a bit dangerous. Clean the area of all Drowners, Bloedzuigers and Echinopses. There is a small wooden bridge to the camp. You can lurk many Salamandra there and kill them on the bridge, which is too small, so Geralt kill them one by one. You should take of the archer who guards the wooden walk to the camp. You should also take care of the Salamandra mage. He shouldn't notice Geralt until his time has come. He uses incineration and thunderlightning on Geralt and summons an Ifrit.If the camp is almost empty you can enter it, finally kill this nasty archer and rest of Salamandra bandits. Then the time has come for the mage. Happy hunting :beer:

Probably 30 to 40 times; like I said there's no wait time at all. Plus it's near the Hairy Boar tavern, so you can stock up on replacement potions (which you will use plenty of). The entrance is right where you enter the sewers in the temple district. Without the con artist's key you can't get in. With it it becomes a very convenient killing ground.

Top Bottom