[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

+
Witcher Steel Swords are forged from fallen star metal; ordinary weapons (Temerian Steel, rusty, etc) are all inferior in quality and do less damage.

Okay, so then the best that I could do with them is to have a -20% damage sword, and apply a +20 whetstone to it which should balance it out so that it does 100% damage I guess.

Kuplo said:
Okay, so then the best that I could do with them is to have a -20% damage sword, and apply a +20 whetstone to it which should balance it out so that it does 100% damage I guess.
Not quite...Say the Witcher sword does 1000 damage. The iron sword with 20% less damage is 800 damage. 800 damage plus 20% via whetstone is 960 damage. It's close though :)

Harvall and the Mahakam Rune Sihill aren't Witcher Steel swords, and be damned if I'm going to hock either of those.

Anyone confirmed that you can really find the Markham Rune Sword in the fields Act IV? I only found a Harvall where the royal wyverns are eating mutilated corpses (non-EE).

As far as I know that sihil was removed after the first game patch, way before EE ... but i could be wrong

It's a relict from the past. I was looking for it to no avail... and this was discussed and confirmed in the Act 4 forum.

Nightward said:
Harvall and the Mahakam Rune Sihill aren't Witcher Steel swords, and be damned if I'm going to hock either of those.
They're swords that are compatible with witcher fighting styles, so they're witcher swords, not non-witcher swords.

So let me get this straight.I can't use meteorite or runes to upgrade, for example, a Harvall or Aerondight sword? There's no point to the runes/meteorite after the first three of the type of sword that you want to forge to begin with, especially once you upgrade to a sword better than the reforged basic swords?This is quite dissapointing.

Vindik8or said:
So let me get this straight.I can't use meteorite or runes to upgrade, for example, a Harvall or Aerondight sword? There's no point to the runes/meteorite after the first three of the type of sword that you want to forge to begin with, especially once you upgrade to a sword better than the reforged basic swords?This is quite dissapointing.
The meteorites aren't really an upgrade to an existing sword; the blacksmith uses them to forge you an entirely new sword. So you can't really "apply" them to anything (although the language in the game makes it seem as if you can, so it's not your fault that this is confusing).

It just seems pretty useless. I mean I've already got a 3x Red Meteorite sword at the end of chapter 1, so there's no point to anymore of the meteorite in the game =|

Vindik8or said:
It just seems pretty useless. I mean I've already got a 3x Red Meteorite sword at the end of chapter 1, so there's no point to anymore of the meteorite in the game =|
Well, then, consider yourself lucky! :)

No, it really doesn't ...Nice critical effects, but about 1/2 the damage bonus of a 3R sword.Besides, by the time you get 3 yellow meteorites, you can buy a much better sword from the shop. :-\

Damage bonuses aren't everything. If you have a weapon that can inflict pain, incineration, or knockdown on a foe, you end up getting several attacks for free, actually doing far more danage in one combat round than a sword with a higher damage bonus.

And this is why there are several different kinds of meteorites -- because different people prefer different things. *smile*

... plus temporary blade enhancements with various effects which you can apply on unique swords as well. I like this type of damage output, the usual number stacking of damage values is quite tedious... and certain enemies are vulnerable to these effects.

Top Bottom