[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

+
Just have a look here ;)http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Category:The_Witcher_(computer_game)_weapons

There are some of these swords, but one of them you'll get for sure. ;)Click here if you want to know beforehand. ::)[Edit] Yep, other items are on Ifayra's link :)

As you get your 2nd chance for a silver sword quite late in the game you may consider to collect perm rune stones to get it forged at a blacksmith before you get a better silver sword in Act IV

I recently finished the Enhanced version of the game, which I thought was absolutley superb, but there are couple of things that I didn't/couldn't understand.Throughout my adventures I stockpiled several meteorites and ores with the intention of forging them with some of the game's better swords later on in the game.Unfortunately it seems that these meteorites and ores can only be forged with standard swords that the smithy has in stock.In an otherwise flawless game design this is the only slightly frustrating system, as I ended up not using any of them!In short, it would have been great if you could be given the option to hand in your own sword and add the meteorites/ores.Cheers

These perm runes and ores are an alternative to the unique swords you find in the game. If you could use these combinations on unique swords, everyone would get it forged without hesitation and these swords become an ueber-item especially if you apply additionally temporary blade enhancements ;DBut you can use temporary runes on both swords http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Temporary_runes

the swords you see in the armorer / swordsmith's inventory are all the possible combinations available given the raw materials you have in inventory...check it out if you don't believe me ;) .. leave some stuff at an inn and try the same guy, i'll guarantee you his inventory is different -- it's just a matter of the way it is presented. It confuses many new players, myself included (way back!) :peace:

Thanks for the update. You're right, of course: some of the 'special' swords - both steel and silver - proved to be extremely effective in their own right later in the game. I was just a bit confused by the lack of clarity in which swords could and couldn't be forged. :)

Dunno i played the Witcher on Medium and succefully complete it without those upgrades,but looks like you must find peace of this thing emm ???(im russian and dont know how its called meteorit?)and then ask blacksmith to upgrade your sword.Something like that i tihnk

It's not a "you have to do it" with the meteorite ore, it's just an alternative to the unique steel swords ;)btwIf you don't know the right Witcher expression in English, just check the http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Witcher_Wiki use a keyword and you'll definitely find what you want to say :)

Monstr3D said:
Dunno i played the Witcher on Medium and succefully complete it without those upgrades,but looks like you must find peace of this thing emm ???(im russian and dont know how its called meteorit?)and then ask blacksmith to upgrade your sword.Something like that i tihnk
There is no 'upgrading' YOUR sword with meteorite ore. What the blacksmith does, is to take your meteorite ore chunks, put it into the furnace, melt them, pour the melted ore in the sword mold, and hammer out a completely new sword. Easy proof of that: just in front of the blacksmith, drop your sword on the ground, talk to the blacksmith, give him your ore, pay&get the new sword, and you can still collect your old sword from the ground and sell it.The 'upgrading' text in the game is misleading.

i have been in act 2 for a while now just running around having fun. i want to upgrade my silver sword like the steel sword you find on the island in the swamp. Is there an upgrade in act2 for silver? when you forge a sword with those elmental stones is it silver?i was looking at runes, and have a question about which is better. increase damage 15% or increase silver sensitivity 15%? was trying to figure out what rune sword to make.Thanks for the helpWar

warzer said:
i have been in act 2 for a while now just running around having fun. i want to upgrade my silver sword like the steel sword you find on the island in the swamp. Is there an upgrade in act2 for silver? when you forge a sword with those elmental stones is it silver?i was looking at runes, and have a question about which is better. increase damage 15% or increase silver sensitivity 15%? was trying to figure out what rune sword to make.Thanks for the helpWar
silver and steel upgrades are differentwith 3 ore types - you can create a new sword (bring 3 ores to the blacksmith - recieve a new sword)as for the silver sword - you can only upgrade the one you already have.beware - recent sword stats are lost. so - do not upgrade some unique (named) silver swords.you can do it with runes (square like, sharp corners). you need 3 runes of any type. quality of upgraded sword depends on the rune sequence.you need to have a silver sword equipped, and at least 3 runes in backpack.select "hammer" icon while in covo with a blacksmith. possible upgrades will show in the "shop" box.

are the ore swords steel or silver? is there any special sword other then the one you get at the beginning of act 2 in act2? if not i will just try and locate some runes and rune my sword. now the other question. which is better. increase damage 15% or increase silver sensitivity 15%? was trying to figure out what rune sword to make.

warzer said:
are the ore swords steel or silver?
warzer said:
is there any special sword other then the one you get at the beginning of act 2 in act2? if not i will just try and locate some runes and rune my sword. now the other question. which is better. increase damage 15% or increase silver sensitivity 15%? was trying to figure out what rune sword to make.
it is rather vague, what is better - sensitivity or damage bonus. i prefer 2 earth 1silver, but it`s just a matter of choice of fighting stylesthere are no special silver swords until act IV. also - possibilities of upgrade are somehow limited, even in act III (in act II it is not possible to upgrade your silver sword,yet) . you can win some good runes in fights, or find during some quests. ask witcher wikia for more help =)

YEAH i have been reading the wiki its very nice, it just does not explain what more sensitivity does truely. if more sensitivy = exactly 1% extra damage then they are the same if more sensitivy then that would be the better choice.

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_swords_in_The_Witcher_%28computer_game%29http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_swords_in_The_Witcher_%28computer_game%29

I have 3 pieces of meteorite and 2 are the same plus a rune. Yet I cant seem to get anyone to forge me a better sword...Do I need more ingredients or what? :-\

Top Bottom