Geralt the Chivalrous

+
Geralt the Chivalrous

Greetings,

(Slight spoilers if you haven't made it past Act 1.)

After hearing Yarpen telling his friends about how Geralt is "the very embodiment of chivalry" for the first time, I couldn't help smiling endlessly as he was speaking. I've lost count on how many times I've heard it's been in total, but it never fails to warm my heart every time I hear it. This has got to be one of the sweetest and most touching little stories about Geralt and his past, that you are allowed to hear during the game. Not only is it a wonderful anecdote from the older adventures of our favourite witcher, but it also dares tell us about how the "super-sexy" Triss found herself in a rather embarrassing situation, and it's exactly these kinds of details that make the characters of this world come alive so well. I don't know how much of his story is embellished, or if it's something taken out of the novels or short-stories by Sapkowski or if this is CDPR's doing; it's absolutely brilliant, that's all I know. Link to Youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X8zz1JJWlkw&hd=1

CostinMoroianu said:
It's in the Blood of the Elves novel. The entire story happens there.
Beautiful! I'm looking forward to reading it, then. I'm really happy CDPR decided to include a reference to it in the game.

The whole interaction with Triss in the Elven ruins in Chapter 1 was greatly inspired by a similar exchange Geralt had with Ciri in Blood of Elves too.

CostinMoroianu said:
Uhm...wait what are you talking about Seb?

Geralt and Ciri in BOE talk about Elven history in some ruins of theirs, in particular the story of Aelirenn and how "sad" it was.

Seboist said:
Geralt and Ciri in BOE talk about Elven history in some ruins of theirs, in particular the story of Aelirenn and how "sad" it was.

That's a relief. I think people thought you were talking about something else there, that most certainly DIDN'T happen between Geralt and Ciri :)

Interesting, I haven't had that conversation with Yarpen. Does it have to be done at a certain point? It's not a big deal since I've read The Blood of Elves, but it's interesting that there are still bits of this game that I still haven't uncovered.

Greed1914 said:
Interesting, I haven't had that conversation with Yarpen. Does it have to be done at a certain point? It's not a big deal since I've read The Blood of Elves, but it's interesting that there are still bits of this game that I still haven't uncovered.

Roche's path, when you go to Vergen.

hi five! that is one of my most favourite moments too :)it should have been there on Iorveth's part too, well the greeting that way is also nice but this one is awesome :)

lol, remember that part on the book where Triss caught diarrhea and the convoy led by Yagrin (or some other dwarf)had to make frequent stops because she had to #2? Oh and I remember the part where they were camping in the forest and she says something like "Geralt, I have to...ooooh" and then he carried her to the dark forest (because it was at night) to make an intestinal discharge.

Anyway, I feel bad for the plants and species that were within the radius of where Triss let it rip because either they will die or will mutate into some kind of evil plant/beast/monster.

TheRoche said:
lol, remember that part on the book where Triss caught diarrhea and the convoy led by Yagrin (or some other dwarf)had to make frequent stops because she had to #2? Oh and I remember the part where they were camping in the forest and she says something like "Geralt, I have to...ooooh" and then he carried her to the dark forest (because it was at night) to make an intestinal discharge.

Anyway, I feel bad for the plants and species that were within the radius of where Triss let it rip because either they will die or will mutate into some kind of evil plant/beast/monster.

You are HILARIOUS !! +1 :)

Top Bottom