Geralt's New Face

+
Developers have no right telling people what they should like and not like.If they can have an option for a feature and it is not difficult to implement i see no problem with giving people choices.

Keep his hair out of his face like the author did in the books....with a headband. Just don't sissify him with a ponytail. If you have ever worn a ponytail, you would know that you cannot tie one tight enough to keep it from coming loose if you are active at all.

Its a lot better than the first screenshots of Geralds face from witcher 2 http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2010/081/reviews/975399_20100323_790screen014.jpg. Gerald has no longer large mouth, and looks more elderly. Not like a childish boy from advertising. You did a good job. And please dont listen to people, that hate his ponytail. It's Gerald the Witcher from Sapkowsky books. Without his white long hair in ponytail its some other dude. If you take his ponytail, then you can rename the franchise to Edward from twilight: Assasin of good taste.

Johnz86 said:
Its a lot better than the first screenshots of Geralds face from witcher 2 http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2010/081/reviews/975399_20100323_790screen014.jpg. Gerald has no longer large mouth, and looks more elderly. Not like a childish boy from advertising. You did a good job. And please dont listen to people, that hate his ponytail. It's Gerald the Witcher from Sapkowsky books. Without his white long hair in ponytail its some other dude. If you take his ponytail, then you can rename the franchise to Edward from twilight: Assasin of good taste.
I absolutely agree that his new look is definitely better than the one from first screenshots.

Johnz86 said:
So TW1 Geralt was "some other dude"? And what does Edward from twilight...etc. have to do with anything? In the books he had a headband not a ponytail. Course I have only read the 2 that I could find in English....Oh, and I totally agree that his face is much better than the first screenshots.

pattieg said:
pattieg said:
So TW1 Geralt was "some other dude"? And what does Edward from twilight...etc. have to do with anything? In the books he had a headband not a ponytail. Course I have only read the 2 that I could find in English....Oh, and I totally agree that his face is much better than the first screenshots.
Well the last three books from the saga haven´t been translated into Engligh yet. The third is scheduled for this year, but I don´t know about the others.

pattieg said:
Keep his hair out of his face like the author did in the books....with a headband. Just don't sissify him with a ponytail. If you have ever worn a ponytail, you would know that you cannot tie one tight enough to keep it from coming loose if you are active at all.
Headband, seriously?! That's like a thousand times more girly and sissy than ponytail! I don't care if it's in the books! He's not supposed to look like a female tennis player! How many warriors in medieval times wore headbands? It was very common to tie your hair into knots or ponytail, because loose hair could cost your life in one single moment. And, this is just one simple detail, aimed to make Geralt look different..

n4meless1 said:
n4meless1 said:
Headband, seriously?! That's like a thousand times more girly and sissy than ponytail! I don't care if it's in the books! He's not supposed to look like a female tennis player! How many warriors in medieval times wore headbands? It was very common to tie your hair into knots or ponytail, because loose hair could cost your life in one single moment. And, this is just one simple detail, aimed to make Geralt look different..
Well, it´s not that simple, you can´t say a headband is girly as a general statement. And it was mentioned with one sentence in the books so I wouldn´t give it so much credit. Geralt´s ponytail is definitely an improvement or rather call it a change, and that was probably the main goal for the devs.

n4meless1 said:
n4meless1 said:
Really? You don't care if it's in the books? Medieval warriors may have worn their hair tied back, but certainly did not wear it in an uplifted, flippy ponytail like this one. And who really cares what medieval warriors wore...Geralt is a WITCHER, not a medieval warrior.

They've implemented hair movement physics and if his hair is loose then the fights will looks ridiculous and unbelievable. Think about it.

Edk said:
They've implemented hair movement physics and if his hair is loose then the fights will looks ridiculous and unbelievable. Think about it.
Then have it tied back....just not in that uplifted, flippy ponytail.

The cover is cool I like it, and i also like the ponytail it ain't sissy at all, Vesemir had the same hairstyle in the first Witcher game and it was ok. Though when i look at the newest gameplay video i notice that Geralt's hair looks more like gray hair and it should be white like in the book and the first Witcher, other than that i can't wait for the game, right now i'm playing The Witcher for the fourth time :) so that I could implement the save in The Witcher 2 and continue this epic adventure. Greetings from Serbia. :)

inichigo said:
The cover is cool I like it, and i also like the ponytail it ain't sissy at all, Vesemir had the same hairstyle in the first Witcher game and it was ok. Though when i look at the newest gameplay video i notice that Geralt's hair looks more like gray hair and it should be white like in the book and the first Witcher, other than that i can't wait for the game, right now i'm playing The Witcher for the fourth time :) so that I could implement the save in The Witcher 2 and continue this epic adventure. Greetings from Serbia. :)
That´s the right attitude and I agree the hair look rather grey than white... Anyway, good luck with the game. I wish you make all the "right" decisions and finnish it in a way you planned. Many greetings from the Czech republic :D

Sweet. The ponytale and his scar look great. I'm glad he still has his white hair. I can't wait to see it ingame. I'm installing The Witcher again after a computer crash, and play it untill the end so I can transfer my stuff to The Witcher 2 when ready. Succes with the launch of The Witcher 2!

I don't understand how a ponytail or a headband a girly feature. I also don't think anyone forcing you to like the cover. In the books the headband mentioned only once as far as I know. I think they don't give him a headband because an average person would immediately think he is Conan and they don't want that. I prefer him to have the loose hair like he had in the first game but I don't mind the ponytail.

I dunno... Somehow I cant get used to this new face.Its not bad, but somehow it doesn't fit the other artworks and designs of Gerald I have seen so far for tW2.And I must say that I agree that he looks a little bit too old in this design.And for the gamecover I myself prefer another artwork anyway - the one used in the Forum headder...I just hope you don't change Geralt's face inside the game aswell?!

pattieg said:
Really? You don't care if it's in the books? Medieval warriors may have worn their hair tied back, but certainly did not wear it in an uplifted, flippy ponytail like this one. And who really cares what medieval warriors wore...Geralt is a WITCHER, not a medieval warrior.
Just saying, a witcher is supposed to be a medieval warrior who fights monsters, so he does have to have some medieval traits about him. I do agree that a head band would look a bit queer though.

I personally much prefer the new look, all over.The hair makes much more sense, as anyone who would be involved in combat would be smart enough to tie their hair back, and it also makes the character look a little more unique, a sort of fantasy-samurai almost look. The armour again has a slightly eastern appearance to it, the shoulders and collar being a little stylised.I also love how BUSY the outfit looks, all the straps, belts, buckles, buttons, lines, ties. Looks complex and heavy and just real.Also in the cut scenes we've seen so far, I love how scarred up Geralt is when he has his shirt off. Never trust a warrior with no scars, as they say. They looks brutal and painful and make him a little more human.

I hated the first face for The Witcher 2. The new face is great. Thank you for continuing to improve on it.

SlateUK said:
I personally much prefer the new look, all over.The hair makes much more sense, as anyone who would be involved in combat would be smart enough to tie their hair back, and it also makes the character look a little more unique, a sort of fantasy-samurai almost look. The armour again has a slightly eastern appearance to it, the shoulders and collar being a little stylised.I also love how BUSY the outfit looks, all the straps, belts, buckles, buttons, lines, ties. Looks complex and heavy and just real.Also in the cut scenes we've seen so far, I love how scarred up Geralt is when he has his shirt off. Never trust a warrior with no scars, as they say. They looks brutal and painful and make him a little more human.
I love his new armor as well. Complex is the exact and perfect word for it. And about his scars - definitely, each one has a story behind and that´s very intriguing, especially for a women, so I can say for myself :)

Top Bottom