Good consequence ideas for choices made in WItcher 1&2 impemented to Witcher 3

+
-Blue stripes tattoo
I personally opted to not get that tattoo.So for me, it does not matter either way but For those who did choose to get it, I see no reason not to include it. Not on the scale of the exclusion of Shani but still, I see no reason to not include this player choice.
-romace with Shani
I'm not sure if she will return as a romance-able npc but regardless if she is or isn't a romance option, I would love for Shani to return in Witcher 3. Since the devs have said that Oxenfurt will not be in the game,I am curious where we would run into her? Novigrad perhaps.
On the topic of Oxenfurt, I am still holding out some hope that it still make it into the game in one way or another. Didn't Dandelion say that is where he was heading? Regardless I am sure CDPR will have no trouble reintroducing Geralt's friends in W3.
- Iorveth/Roche choice
The Witcher 3 takes place around 6 months after the events of Witcher 2.That and the fact this is supposed to be Geralt's personal story/journey. I cannot see the game beginning with either Roche or Iorveth accompanying Geralt. Would I like them to be included in the game? Yes. but not as a central part of the game overall or the narrative. Otherwise, I feel it could have the potential of resembling Witcher 2 a little too much IMO ,not a bad thing but Witcher 3 is supposed to stand on it's own.
-spare/kill Letho
Hearing rumors or having a particular npc make mention of Letho would be enough for me,if he was spared. if you killed him.what is to say those 2 particular witchers he spoke of, don't come looking for revenge? There are a lot of potential outcomes from this choice IMO. We will have to wait and see what CDPR does/doesn't do.
-give the soul of the Grand Master to King of the Wild Hunt/ fight with him
Not sure about this one. I guess as I said above with the Letho choice - There are a lot of potential outcomes from this choice. A small conversation mention with the Wild Hunt or who knows,CDPR are creative ,so if they do decide to include something about the choices we made in Witcher 1 I have faith it will be done well.

I'm with all you said, and there are even more cool choices, characters and consequences to be considered, and all those I would love to see in Witcher 3. From Witcher 1 there's characters like Shani, Thaler, Yaevinn and Kalkstein for instance. Oxenfurt(University gardens) would be a dream to meander about in.

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, all Witcher games take place during spring/summer months, each a year apart. Including Witcher 3. I know there's a timeline on Witcher info page and unless I'm mistaken it's a year.

EDIT: Yep, just checked. People seem to bicker about the year(1270 or 1273) but the timeline clearly states May for Witcher 3, almost a year since Loc Muinne and Nilfgaard's invasion(they just don't tire of their warmongering, interfering and pissing people off do they?).

Each Witcher game starts in spring or summer a year apart.

Last edited:
The Letho choice won't affect, no save is done after you kill or spare him the last save can be done before you talk to him not before or after.
unless you maybe talk to Emhyr during the game and if you imprted a save he will ask you if you killed letho.

I would like the death of the Grandmaster to have an impact.
I would like to see, the kingdom of Temeria will be divided or redainian (depending on the choice if you sided with roche or it will be split between kaedwen and redania if you sided with iorveth.
the potion you drank in witcher 2... perhaps it gives you a boost, some funy stuff or it may reduce your vitality or osmething like that forcing you to cure it with a quest.
Addan Deith and Caerme along with the Vran armor should be imported.
Vergens fate.
Kaedwens fate.
Who will rule kaedwen if you offed henselt.

Im shady on the details, but will we be able to travel to old locations in W3 ? like Vergen, Temeria or Flotsam?

Serrit And Auckes alive or dead. (you might not meet Letho but if you sided with Iorveth you might meet Serrit and Auckes and they might tell you about the mysterious assassin in W1.

Iorveth and Roche.
not something that affect alot of the game but if you meet up with Iorveth or Rocher during W3 you might have some fun dialouges and reminissing.

Adda from W1, seeing how this affect some stuff in W2 it should not be hard to import.

Took the blame for killing Henselt? Radovid might reveal he found out that it was Roche or something like that.

Secrets of loc muinne, if Geralt knows he was a rider might have some impact.

Killed silë?
Released Saskia.

And the tattoo :)

The Letho choice won't affect, no save is done after you kill or spare him the last save can be done before you talk to him not before or after.

There's an autosave after the Letho fight. I've a suspicion that this was added in during one of the patches, as I've seen quite a few people on the forums say that there was no save. But it's definitely there.

I think most of these suggestions have either been implemented or "ignored" already. By "ignored" I mean there will be a mention of the resolution somewhere with no huge change in the game. The game is almost finished, and is undergoing polishing. POLISH-ing! The game will be good. I trust any nit bits of unresolved story lines will be resolved, but some of the suggestions here are extremely hard to implement from a design perspective due to variables, but who knows CDPR has some incredible staff. This is a huge game where choices are effecting the story. If one of the past games slight changes in story are included (or not, by player decision) they will be minimal in my opinion. I would rather all large scale decisions (Antagonist death, Triss) be resolved safely and soundly, and hope for some hidden references and items for the rest. Perhaps the smaller previous choices can be solved in side quests that aren't integral to the main quest. If the 50 hours of side quests promised are as good as they say, then I would assume all the above suggestions will be resolved, or mentioned. I wouldn't expect a huge hour long questline for all of them though. Nilfgard was in a worse position in the novels no matter what happened in the games (ending resolution wise). I expect politics to take a backseat here and only Temeria and the surrounding countries will be effected by Geralt politically. Militarily, though, Nilfgard is always" winning" after the witcher 2. Hence my assumption dialog will be the main resolution to most small choices.

I really hope CDPR doesn't hold anything back on choices or consequences in TW3. This is the last Witcher game they are making (i think) and The Witcher game series is renowned for the best, or one of the best RPGs for featuring meaningful consequences and divergence. I am really hoping to see a lot of radical divergence in TW3 based on the choices made in TW1 and 2.

I was wondering how CDPR will deal with the console players who played the first two games on PC and want to have their choices carried on to Witcher 3 on the PS4 or Xone... I don't know if that is something hard to do, but I thought about a choice system when you start your game. First they ask you if you played the previous entries, if no, you just start the game on defaut mode. If yes, then they give you the options of how your game of Witcher 1 and 2 turned out to be, what were the choices you made, etc... Then the game would "create" a save for you based on your choices. I don't know, but it looks like a simple implementation to me. I really hope CDPR do something like this. It would let a lot of fans very happy.

Last edited:
I was wondering how CDPR will deal with the console players who played the first two games on PC and want to have their choices carried on to Witcher 3 on the PS4 or Xone... I don't know if that is something hard to do, but I thought about a choice system when you start your game. Firt they ask you if you played the previous entries, if no, you just start the game on defaut mode. If yes, then they give you the options of how your game of Witcher 1 and 2 turned out to be, what were the choices you made, etc... Then the game would "create" a save for you based on your choices. I don't know, but it looks like a simple implementation to me. I really hope CDPR do something like this. It would let a lot of fans very happy.

Totally agree! I don't think it would be hard to implement something like this since Mass Effect had a very similar system

I only want a few.

The main one I want is to be able to meet Saskia again, because I didn't lift the curse but spared her because I don't want to kill a dragon, especially since they are so rare and actually (from nature) noble and non-evil creatures.

As for the Roach/Iorveth choice I think that the main consequence - how it all ended and what Temeria now is - should be reflected somehow and that you meet either Iorveth or Roche (or both) later on somewhere. I disagree on the beginning the game in their company, since they have more important things to deal with and Geralt is alone (except of maybe Vesimir) at the beginning (not confirmed but heavily implied).

-spare/kill Letho
Would be nice to have influence from this choice as well I think. Whatever you chose.
Obvious possibility is of course that we will hear rumours of Letho and his whereabouts if he walked away in Loc muinne. But I would like to have some unexpected consequence as well from fighting with him. For example it would be kinda cool if Geralt still beared the wounds of battle at the start of the game (Geralt seemed to take pretty bad cut to the stomach from Letho at the final cutscene) and you would have to visit a doctor before you could regain full battle strength.

Yeah, that would be nice.
Also, maybe you meet him later in a side quest if you spared him and if you didn't you meet one of his fellow Witchers of the Viper School.

-romace with Shani
Good opportunity to try to patch up the plot holes the devolopers left to players who chose Shani over Triss.
Maybe Geralt could meet her at Novigrad and she would tell him about her studies at Oxenfurt and mention their romance if it happened.

I don't even know what happened to her... never interested me anyway, I didn't like Shani all that well...
But maybe a re-appearance or an event that "reminds" Geralt of how it went sour (if you chose Shani) (flashback).

No choice from either game should have any decisive consequence in TW3. The game has to stand on its own, and you have to be able to play substantially the entire game, no matter whether you imported certain choices or started your game with no import at all.

Yes, not on the main storyline, but IMO it should have an impact on a side quest or so.
If you haven't any saves you would be all like a polite but neutral "hey I know you from back then, how are you?" - "yeah good, everything went relatively okay after event XY" - "Nice" - continue side mission, if you imported TW2 savegame however it would be more personal and you could ask the person more and Geralt and thew person would show more connection and emotion towards each other.

In terms of main storyline I think the Triss, Dandelion and Zoltan-realted choices (as litte as there where) should have a small impact on the main storyline.

IMO, the biggest choice in all of TW2 is whether or not to stop Nilfgaard or to help Saskia/Roche. Letting Nilfgaard finish their sabotage of the north should have radically different consequences than preventing them from succeeding. And supporting Saskia or Roche should also have very meaningful consequences, since each of those choices will result in having powerful allies in powerful positions.

Agreed.

Not RADICAL consequences, but I think it should be reflected in a bigger way than the other consequences.
I mean either the mages being hunted all over the North or the Dragon still being under Phillipas control (well, theoretically), or Temeria staying a land or being split up should definitely be reflected in a way.

Though I think they can very well make the impact of those choices SMALLER because Geralt is on a quest for his PERSONAL goals this time. Still, I'd like to see that reflected in the environment, in the characters you may meet, etc.

Also dragon story was pretty much solved in TW2 unless you didn´t kill her or didn´t save her. Then there is some space with sorceresses having dragon under control. We might have Saskia in TW3 but I don´t see anything that important in this part of story.

Still, I'd really like to have that as a side mission.

Concerning your ideas about having those options to "choose" which choices you made, actually I like it very much.
Imagine you have lost your savegame or for whatever reasons have none despite having played through the game, and then the game at the beginning asks you if you want the default state or if you want to pick which choices you made previously. So they ask you about the choices and you pick. And this than has an outcome.
Hell, they wouldn't even have to have an savegame import system, you could just pick your choices and be done with it.

I think that would be the best solution. That way EVEN THE PS players could choose something if they have a PS4 but played the Witcher 2 on PS3 or Xbox360 and can't import a save.

I think that would be ideal if they do not forget an important choice, and let's be honest, there were not SO many choices after all.

Last edited:
So they ask you about the choices and you pick. And this than has an outcome.
Hell, they wouldn't even have to have an savegame import system, you could just pick your choices and be done with it.

I think that would be the best solution. That way EVEN THE PS players could choose something if they have a PS4 but played the Witcher 2 on PS3 or Xbox360 and can't import a save.

I think that would be ideal if they do not forget an important choice, and let's be honest, there were not SO many choices after all.

I suppose they will do something like that for PS and Xbox but I for PC I think they'll include both options (savegame and ME-style choice picking). And with the savegame I also want to import the late game armour and swords, just like in TW2 (Caerme, Vran sword, Vran-armour, etc.).

I suppose they will do something like that for PS and Xbox but I for PC I think they'll include both options (savegame and ME-style choice picking). And with the savegame I also want to import the late game armour and swords, just like in TW2 (Caerme, Vran sword, Vran-armour, etc.).

Agreed :D

Plus, I definitely want to still have Phillipas Dagger in TW3, I am still not giving up on lifting that damn curse. After all I spared her. I could never kill a Dragon, dragons are awesome ;)

Agreed :D

Plus, I definitely want to still have Phillipas Dagger in TW3, I am still not giving up on lifting that damn curse. After all I spared her. I could never kill a Dragon, dragons are awesome ;)

Yes, that dagger. I posted that also in the TW2 forum.

Yes, I think we can safefly assume that we get our wepons and armors imported in the game if we want. At least the chapter 3 super weapons like Vran items, Addan Deith, Caerme and possibly the best dark mode items you managed to get. It would be nice to also get the Aerondight and raven armor form the first game for their sentimental value. Although the possibility for that seems pretty slim.

Is it just me or does that steel sword in Geralts back in Novigrad already look a lot like Caerme?

I really hope at least some decisions from the witcher 1 & 2 will be carried over, making it worth playing the games again. Lost my W1 save file :(.
When playing W2 i was kinda disappointed of the poor implementation my W1 decisions made in the game. Getting only some crap weapons that were transferred, which I only used for max one hour before being replaced by simple but still better items. It was also too bad the "princes ada" decision in W1 was only mentioned in W2 for example instead of affecting the storyline.

Although it is nice the W3 will be stand-alone for new players to the series. I do miss the feeling that the stories are weaven by the made decisions. It would be nice if it gave me a reason to play these 2 awesome games again.

Hopefully W2 decisions have more effect on the story which I think they will do, considering the dragon for example.

Anyways much thx to CDProjectRED for again delivering such an amazing game.

I still remember that I've got Vapors of the Hunt in my inventory and still wonder - what am I supposed to do with it?
If the devs give me something to make out if the Vapors I will buy the game twice!

Top Bottom