Graphic Downgrade with every Patch on PC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
they game is gorgeous in terms of design but the textures are not sharp enough ( I'm playing on ps5) and LOD / popping up objects are very in your face. Also the City is very empty - but let's hope they will fix this for Next Gen consoles.

This is very subjective, but i feel like I've encountered this too. IMHO lot of pop-in come from lighting LOD. E.g. geometry and texture detail is fine, but all of the air-condition boxes on building will instantly turn from bright gray to nearly black. Or bright car headlight will disappear when approaching.

I'd love to have advanced graphics tab with more granular settings. From experience with other titles there are often one specific setting that doesn't change much aesthetically but can dramatically change how well something looks and plays on different hardware or system. For brute example - a much more recent GTX 1650 with 4Gb will happily take modern shaders but die trying to handle all those textures whereas older RX 480 8Gb will happily take high textures up to horizon but will struggle with more advanced tasks.

Always had solid monitor limited 75fps with few dips into 40s on 1660s, now it's the same with better smoothness, but just less pretty.

Last edited:
Yes, I've also noticed objects poping in existance , and close objects at that, and lightsources activating in less than 10meters. Its actually insane, because there is absolutely no preformance change for PC.
My 3080 never goes above 65% utilisation, with everything on psycho +rtrace, the PC builds of the game should definitely be separate from the PS ones.
When it's raining, and it's night , the game looks baller, litearlly any other situation we have a noticable quality downgrade.
Why is the high-end hardware I am using not being utilized ? Hire better coders, I reckon ?

p.s. there still isn't a way to map the dodge key to a key you desire from your keyboard or mouse, and there are several modes that actually do that. Will I be able to remove auto dodge and map the dodge key to C or V or whatever other button I desire, without having to download 3rd party modding sofwares that actually fix the things that shouldn't require fixing in the first place ? You literally have modes for better NPC AI, more NPCs, car customisation, more cars, better traffic scripting... hire more and better coders.

I don't know if it has gotten worse with patches, but the pop-in is definitely very ugly and noticeable. Obviously you're not going to see it in screenshots taken under optimal conditions (not that anyone would try to make an argument based on such a unrepresentative piece of evidence). The game also has a problem with what looks to me like "reverse pop-in" where clutter disappears as you get closer instead of the other way around. Car sprites are the main example, but debris on the landscape in some areas behaves in the same way.

Man i don't even know where to go with this... the more i see and hear about this game it depresses me. the game in is a state there maybe 3 cars on the high way... and have 2 Sli 3090's... this game is reason i spent the 5k on a pc. well, that's that...

Man i don't even know where to go with this... the more i see and hear about this game it depresses me. the game in is a state there maybe 3 cars on the high way... and have 2 Sli 3090's... this game is reason i spent the 5k on a pc. well, that's that...
Right? LOOK at this garbage with my SINGLE 3080rtx that I DIDN'T even spend $1000 on!!! TERRIBLE graphics.
photomode_31052021_214633.jpg

Cyberpunk Convo.JPG

I like to play a very little game here.
Please take a look at below images and tell me what you think the settings are? Notice: these are fairly randomly picked and created just while playing.
photomode_03052021_194240.png

photomode_06042021_215139.png

photomode_11042021_234921.png

photomode_16022021_175551.png

photomode_04052021_221829.png

photomode_04052021_195219.png

If I recall correctly: 4-year old laptop: i7 / 2,8GHz / 8Gb RAM / GeForce 1070GTX if I recall.
All settings are on MEDIUM.

I know I have not the best eyesight, but I see little difference between what other claim is maxed out settings.
I can understand that still images aren't the best way how to compare, and that most of will becomes noticeable in dynamics such as popins etc. but the overal look it rather good if you ask me.

Clearly overall on decent machines the game looks fantastic but, yes, pop-in seems to have gotten worse with the patches (unless it relates to the size of save game files, such that the longer you play the longer it takes for everything to load in, but that seems unlikely). I was standing on one of the long factory roofs in Northside the other day and the roof texture stopped existing 10 metres in front of me and switched to flat beige squares of nothingness. If I walked forward, the next set of squares ahead would switch to the metal texture. It was MUCH too close. That's on an RTX 3070 with everything running at maximum at only a little over 1080p.

I've also been seeing some really weird texture popin issues using resizable bar (the new PCI 4 tech that supposedly allows data to stream to graphics cards much faster -- yes, I know this is essentially me saying "my Ferrari has a small dent"), like textures on the ground sometimes reaching full detail properly 10-15 seconds after you've arrived, so something's up with that and I've turned resizable bar off on my machine.

One other thing I've noticed recently is red text on white backgrounds in some advertising signs that gives the text of what the advert would say. I'm assuming that these are placeholders for the advert textures and shouldn't be there. Again, I suspect that's related to resizable bar as I hadn't seen it before.

Last edited:
Just because you can take a pretty shot AT NIGHT it does not mean that the game looks good in motion. I'm running the game on medium-high settings and the popin is terrible. Textures manifest right at my feet. Grainy walls and floor, all shift around as I move.
I tried to do a walk in night city to see if I missed stuff on my first playthrough and I just keep noticing weird shit.

What settings? Ray tracing?

Any game looks very good on 4k max detailed. Even 10-20 old games.

Here crysis 3 in 4k: https://ibb.co/CJwMXLv
Here witcher 3 in 4k: https://ibb.co/QKX39vH
Here gothic 2 in 4k: https://ibb.co/0MS87BN
Here vampire bloodlines in 4k: https://ibb.co/n08bcY4

The problem is when u don't use 4k, high settings, Ray tracing, DLSS and have to use SSR, only TAA, 1080p and medium low detail the game looks horrible. Blurry, grainy, low textures, low LOD. the texture loading in real time.

Cyberpunk 2077 does not look better then a game from 2011(Crysis 3). Imagine Crysis 3 with raytracing. Would embarrass Cyberpunk 2077.
Bit late to the party but I gotta react to this. Both those games are some of my favorites, got more than 800 hours over the years in Crysis 3 and over 250h in Cyberpunk so I think I'm fairly capable of comparing them.
And I'm sorry man, but stating that C3 is the better looking game is just ridiculous. My rig's far from the best rn, so while of course it can smoothly run C3 on Ultra, to have reasonably fluid gameplay in Cyberpunk I'm playing it on Medium. And still, it's clearly the better looking game. Facial models and expressions, textures, lighting - they're simply better. And it's totally logical, after all there's 7 years between them (to correct your statement that C3 is from 2011, it's actually from 2013).
Plus it's also necessary to mention that Cyberpunk is a much bigger game with a massive open world filled with towering skyscrapers and huge structures, multiple levels of urban areas etc. Crysis is mostly linear shooter with 6h long campaign, so the difference in size is vast.
Frankly, I don't really see any reason to be dissatisfied with how CP77 looks on PC, because it's offering some of the best graphics out there, easily surpassing even game like RDR2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom