GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Hi Gwent team, happy holidays, and best wishes, below is my Eithné buff/rework idea, feel free to consider or ignore it.

After a few days of nerfed Eithné let's just admit guys she's trash. There is no deck with her and nobody plays the leader (no Casual doesn't count).
The nerf bat was a little too strong on this one.

So here I present my Eithné Fix:
Damage a unit by 1.
Charge (4)
If the target was destroyed, Spawn a Brokilon Dryad.
Brokilon Dryad: 1 ponit token, no ability, Dryad tag.

This helps the Eithné in a few ways, first it puts her point potential kinda on par with a few other leaders. (flat 8)
And it manages to save Braeen from her completelly trash state.

Here's the problem Eithné's current ability, she is for a control playstyle and thus depending on the enemy board AND the Eithne's player own hand. There is no point saving the 4 charges and not drawing Schirrú, Regis or Gigni or Scorch. At the same time if the opponent's side is filled with low units or other adverse board states she ends up being a 4 point leader. Yes, there are games in which those 4 pings win you the game, but if she was this powerhouse reddit claims she would see more play.

Anyway, this is my take, thanks for reading, see ya.

Keep shoving off those d'hoine from our lands.

What the point of Usurper existence? This is just not fun playing againts it.
I thought this is just a fun deck, and nobody really need to play it for the win, but you buff it recenty. And, you know, it plays very well.

No suprises, BTW. It kills many synergies, like Filavandrel. Arachas Queen suporsed to even make all deck around ability. Eredin have a main game plan to make something immune. Actually, most of decks half-broken. Yeah, there is the way make it independed. But, THIS IS REAL PROBLEM. Couse Usurper is first, who will. This is not a big deal make a deck with no leader ability, and after all, he have huge advantage.

Then he have 0 mulligans it was less than fair, but even with 0 ppl play them. Novadays we all have 1-3 and with blue coin he pair (!) with others. Now it kinda new meta.
Maybe, this is a bad idea, have ONE leader, who can make all others unplayable?

And a small, but important idea. I guess, no need to put any RNG in showing rest of the deck in game. There is some reasons:
  1. No potential bugs. More meaningfull — no potential exploits. As i know, RNG are not perfect.
  2. It's faster, and more comfortable, then you know there is what are you looking for. And even for mulligans, you can simply estimate chances.
    [*]More consistent. As i sayd, there is no reason to shuffle anything and, even without knowlege, it's more clear, that card showed in deckbuilder order, but not a real topdecks.

Maybe, same will be good for a graveyard. With exeption for a last played card.

Last edited:
2 - Has it ever been considered, for who goes first in round 3, be the one who wins his round (1 or 2) by the highest margin (discourages dry passing as the opponent has complete control of the decision).

This would promote point heavy decks and forces the opponent to respond in kind. This kind of shift isn't healthy for the game, I think.

6 - Would you consider having a place for players to offer feedback (similar to homecoming open ptr, a 1 week window), that the devs will read, every once in a while to get a sense of what the player base feels and a way for them to feel like they are being heard.

There is already such a place: Suggestions. The devs to read the forums.

Hi Burza / CDPR.

As a console Player i recently got my hands on the new Gwent and have to say that overall it plays good, very different but good. But one thing is kinda frustrating. The new UI is overwhelming. Is there a video where some devs explain what everything means. Especially the things to the right of the avatar (i know the first thing in the banner is the player lvl but the second one ... no clue) and the whole prestige thing.

thanks for GWENT, the best card game out there and keep up the good work.

Is there an ETA yet on when we will be able to challenge friends from other platforms?

For example; I play on PS4, but my best friends play the game on PC via GOG. I'm aware that there's already cross-platform matchmaking, but it would be great if we could challenge our friends from other platforms as well.

New faction, what ?!
- We already have 5x4 leaders, now we will have 6x4 + any new additional leaders developers are planning to introduce.
- Given this high quantity of leaders + factions it will be very hard for developers to actually introduce new interesting mechanics that synergise with the whole deck, and not just with 1 or 2 cards, like in the current format.
By releasing new faction you have to consider that you need to double up on the creative process, which will ultimately drain your budget.

From a economic perspective it makes no sense.
From a innovative perspective it makes no sense.

My question
Are you going to let us players on the process, where we would have atleast 2 weeks to test out the new faction?

When will we get official dates for the December hotfix and the January expansion?

Thanks in advance.

Can we get a nerf for dueling. I don't think it's cool that you can duel another card with 4 to 6 more points than it and still win. That doesn't make sense to me. And I'm tired of loosing matches because the game drops or it won't let me select cards. It makes the climb that much harder and ruins my record.

Hi Burza, love the stream, lots of exciting things!
Since Jason promised a Lambert rework, can I ask for a rework for Princess Adda?
As a leader, her ability is quite weak and have no interaction with other NR cards.
Would love a rework of her, maybe more synergy with the cursed or other mechanism?
Thank u, have a nice day!

What will happen to this card

my patience is running out.
defeat is not a problem but defeated a deck playing this card i'm really mad
I beg sihil and artifacts these cards must be rebalanced

Hi, me and a couple of my friends started playing Gwent this week, they both had played for a very short period during the beta, meaning when they started they had 34,000 scraps and 20,000 scraps respectively compared to my 100 scraps, other than playing for 10s if not 100s of hours is there no way for me to level the playing field as they have just crafted exactly the cards they wanted for specific decks while I'm relying on hoping for random cards from kegs, this makes any hope of having private matches against them redundant as its deeply unbalanced

Any chance we'll get a wooden 3D board in a Homecoming-style look (atmospheric lighting - maybe candlelight - and tilted camera angle) at some point down the road? Similar to how it looked in the GWENT Trailer - would be a real treat and make the game so much more cozy to play.

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Any chance we'll get a wooden 3D board in a Homecoming-style look (atmospheric lighting - maybe candlelight - and tilted camera angle) at some point down the road? Similar to how it looked in the GWENT Trailer - would be a real treat and make the game so much more cozy to play.

This question has been asked before a few times already (in different forms). Anyhow, during the live stream the devs said they are looking into this.

This question has been asked before a few times already (in different forms). During the live stream the devs said they are looking into this.

Sorry, I looked through the Ask a Dev thread, and the questions similar to mine focused on whether we'd get back the old board or a 2D board in tavern-style. I asked something different on purpose.

I also watched the live stream twice and while the devs said they would do more gameboards and play around with the lighting, they didn't mention a 3D wooden board.

Sorry, but I don't agree with the decision to move the post to this thread.

Top Bottom