GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Developers!
It's about 1 week until end of Ciri's Journey.
Right now I'm at 140th level but still want to reachat least level 160 to get all castomize items. Sadly, there is no opportunity to buy last levels or buy items in future. And same thing about contracts - to get level 175 with title.

Moreover, there is 350 half-crow limit per week. So even if I try to hit 160 level - game won't give me more than 350 half-crowns...

Will you add opportunity to buy levels in this or future Journey or would there be any way to buy last customize items on Ciri?

Yours faithfully,
Dmitry

Last edited:
Hello Dev Team,

Thanks for the hard work on Gwent. I know you're doing your best to keep players happy despite the current situation.

I would like to ask if there's a way to keep the camera view in the draw phase as a default view? The draw phase seems like a nice view since it's a 'bird's eye view'. However, when the game starts, the board gets zoomed in and I can barely see the cardback and cards.

I already turned off the camera movement. I also know I can move around using the 3rd mouse button to change the angle but it's tedious.

If it's not possible, can it be added as a feature in the future?

Thanks and stay safe.

Draw phase
board view.png

Game start (cardback and cards' size are reduced)
game start.png

Hello, developers. As an unrepentant grammar Nazi, I have a small request.

In a forthcoming patch, could you please punctuate the names of the evolving leader cards using colons? E.g. "Viraxas Prince" should be "Viraxas: Prince". His name is not Viraxas Prince, his name's Viraxas and he's a prince! This is done already with many other cards, e.g. Vesemir: Mentor, so it would be consistent.

Many thanks!

Hello devs!

Will there ever be a neutral tutor?

like a 2 power, 8 provision that maybe tutors Spell specials?

Hello devs!

Will there ever be a neutral tutor?

like a 2 power, 8 provision that maybe tutors Spell specials?

Are you planning to fix the prestige 10 bug that doesn’t give a premium in the pick 3? If not will you ever compensate players for the massive amounts of powder lost because of it?

Hello developers how does the instances of damage work? I mean using cards like gigascorpio decoction on blueboy lugos or berserkers cards.

Will it be possible to connect Gwent or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG when the connected game and its account is coming from a shared Steam library of a family member?

Me: Cyberpunk and Gwent on GOG
Bro: The Witcher 3 on Steam

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been asked (thread is long) and it's a long shot (6 months or something from the last red reply), but whatever. Here goes.

Is there any end of life plan for Gwent? Many, many games designed to work only online have no safety such that if the servers ever shut down (no longer profitable, company goes bankrupt, whatever) everything disappears. Knowing if there are plans to mitigate or prevent all of the hard work the devs put into making the game would go a long way IMO. I don't think the devs nor any of us want to see it just disappear one day. Having some plan in place (release source code, release a server client, release the API the game uses and general server logic so that at least we have the chance of building out own client), even without guaranteed support would be great.

I play on Android (Pixel 3 XL) and an annoying issue is the space reserved for the player's cards during opponent's turn. It's just too thin.

It might be due to a particular shape of my screen and screen shield, but it's really hard to ping my deck or even recognize the cards I have in hand during opponent's turn. Basically, the shift that happens each turn (slightly less space for the person waiting, slightly more for the active player) is visually appealing but counter-productive in terms of gameplay.

In a nutshell : I don't care to watch my opponent's cards back. I do care to see my cards clearly and prepare my next turn.

Could something be done in this sector ?

Are all of you crazy Viking nerds?
Played your game since beta, and are there any reason why you guys have consistent favoritism on SK?
SK is a dumbest deck to play yet strongest, any reason?
Why SK bronze has easiest +3 value than their provision when other factions have conditional +2 value?
Do you guys really think SK is weak on round 1?
Veteran condition is easiest but strongest value condition to have. Any reason?

Greetings, all!

As you may have noticed, Ask a Dev has been rather silent lately. During the past three years, many questions have been asked and answered, and the feedback has proved valuable to GWENT's development. It's been jolly fun, and we hope players have enjoyed the thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed!

However, just like the card game itself, from time to time, things change. The GWENT Team has decided to re-balance their communications, and, as such, will no longer be replying to this thread.

Don't worry, though! The REDs will still keep everyone updated of fresh developments in GWENT, both here on the Forums, and their other channels, in news posts, live streams, patch notes, and announcements. Moreover, we encourage players to continue to share feedback on GWENT. So, please, keep posting your suggestions, opinions, and discussions, here on the Forums.

On behalf of the Forums Team, I'd like to thank everyone who has posted, and offered input! And, of course, great thanks to the RED GWENT Team, for finding the time to respond to so many questions!

See you around the GWENT boards.
Cheers,
~Riven-Twain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom