Hardware Thread - General.

+
I certainly hope my GTX 1080 won't have any issues running the game at a smooth 1080p resolution.

Going higher than that will be done just for the purposes of taking screenshots of the scenery.

Using a 970 myself, I may, or may not, need to upgrade, we'll see.

Unlike some I don't really care if I have the "best" quality and framerate, the occasional dip doesn't matter in the slightest. But then I don't do PvP and for the most part it's not usually a huge issue in PvE.

Does it work reasonably well 95%+ of the time?
Yes - I'm happy.
No - Time to upgrade.

It drives me bonkers when people try to insist you should or shouldn't upgrade your PC based on their vision of what your experience should be.

People, please don't do that. The whole point of PC gaming (or gaming at large) is choice. The beauty of this sort of choice is that I can make it without it affecting anybody else.

If I want to get top-tier hardware so I can play 2077 at 144 FPS (or close) but keep it at 1080p (not 4k, not 1440p), that's my business. I've been a PC gamer for well over 7 years now, so I have a pretty good idea of what my system needs or doesn't need to run the latest games the way I want.

Not targeting anyone in particular, nor am I attacking. Just please, respect other people's choices. If you want to play on your PS4 for the next 30 years, you can. If you want to switch to a PC, Xbox One X, or PS4 Pro, you can.

To the OP, I've already upgraded my system, mostly for 2077, but not specifically for 2077. I've kitted it out with 16GB of DDR4 RAM (I have another 8GB stick but I'm worried about incompatibilities with dual and single-channel RAM, even though they're all identical sticks), a 1080 Ti, and an 8700K.

I will!

I was planning to get a new PC for Wild Hunt when it came out. Very surprisingly I could run it well enough to play with my current PC as it was then, as long as I stayed away from cities where it ran with the FPS of a Powerpoint presentation. So I just upgraded the RAM instead (from 2GB to 8) and kept the old guy working for a while longer. XD Wild Hunt looks gorgeous anyway and I could actually raise the graphics a bit from the minimum. Great work optimizing, CDProject!

I very much doubt that story will repeat itself this time tho, so I'l be waiting for the recommended specs to build a new one this time. :D This is the only graphically demanding game I'm interested so far anyway.

I upgraded my pc on Witcher 3 basis. Will do it again for Cyberpunk most likely. If I need too of course. But no way I play a Red game in another setting than ultra^^

I have an old but faithful gtx 980, but upgrading the GPU might be mandatory if one want to push settings to the max (and you know how hard it is to make compromises) I have enough RAM (16Gb) and a decent CPU (i5-4460) so I think that's all.

But I was thinking: given that the complexity will surely be off the charts (world details, complexity, number of places to explore, numerous scripts running at once, AI, etc), wouldn't one crucial component be a SSD ? most of my games are still on HDD and loading times aren't that bad but I'm afraid the loading and the streaming of all the models/textures might be too much to handle for HDDs in this case. they're not on the same level, but I heard having fallout 4 on a SSD was a million times better, so logically, that'll be the case as well for cyberpunk, right ?

I was planning to
Up until the reveal
the reveal of what, that it'll be a FPS ? you think this is going to be some call of duty piece of crap ? bam bam pew pew everywhere everytime, health regen, cooking grenades, melee kills with a golden skin karambit knife ?

the reveal of what, that it'll be a FPS ? you think this is going to be some call of duty piece of crap ? bam bam pew pew everywhere everytime, health regen, cooking grenades, melee kills with a golden skin karambit knife ?
No they said its going to be a Destiny clone not a Call of Duty clone

No they said its going to be a Destiny clone not a Call of Duty clone
??? how can it be a destiny clone ? destiny is a grinding fps with lootboxes, and cyberpunk is said to be a pure fps rpg, and I haven't heard anything about a multiplayer part... do you have a link to an article maybe ?

"There are still stats that influence your abilities and weapons, and damage is dealt similar to other RPG shooters like Destiny 2 and The Division, with health bars appearing above bad guys and numbers jumping out to show how much damage your bullets are doing. "

ok, so that sentence being put back in its context, they are only speaking of the hud being like destiny 2 and the division - not that the gameplay is going to be the same. anyhow, knowing CDPR, there will be a setting to hide health bars so this isn't something to be worried about.

Not me. Bought SOTA Laptop only two years ago because old one died. It will take at least another 3 years if not even longer, until a new laptop will be bought.

Maybe. First I need to see how it'll run on my Xbox One X. If it looks and performs good enough, I may just play it there. The Witcher III looks gorgeous as well, but phenomenal after the 4K patch.

If it's super downgraded compared to the PC version though, I may upgrade my PC.

Top Bottom