Hardware Thread - General.

+

Guest 4310777

NVIDIA should release another flagship card before the game ships so.. I will definately be running the best (single gpu) system money can buy.

Everything you said is completely moot with one word "PC"...

I'm talking to him about consoles using tricks and workarounds to achieve good visuals so nothing I said is moot. PC isn't the problem here. The consoles are. I'm sure a 1080ti can run CP2077 as we saw in the trailer but consoles can't. I'm hopeful that CDPR won't do a platform parity thing with CP2077 but if it does happen it will happen because of consoles. Also, 4K is a gimmick just like 3D glasses and VR. I doubt most gamers care for anything more than 1080p and 1440p. Crysis 3 is a very linear experience. It's not like Crysis 1 as far as the world exploration is concerned. I don't think it's comparable to games with non-linear and vertical world exploration. There's no place to go in Crysis 3 except from point A to B. It has minimal assets. No vehicles, no populated world, just trees, grass, and 1 or 2 buildings with a gorgeous backdrop. You can't compare the two at all.

I'm talking to him about consoles using tricks and workarounds to achieve good visuals so nothing I said is moot. PC isn't the problem here. The consoles are. I'm sure a 1080ti can run CP2077 as we saw in the trailer but consoles can't. I'm hopeful that CDPR won't do a platform parity thing with CP2077 but if it does happen it will happen because of consoles.

How many prospective CP2077 players have a 1080Ti though? I'm sure my rig (i5-4460/GTX1050Ti) can't run CP2077 as we saw it in the trailer either. High-end PC isn't the problem, but not all PCs are high-end.

That's good + rummors about Navi 7mm which presumably is going to be of 1080ti performance (and very lower price) next year and that ps5 is going to have 1080 graphic power from Navi sound very much comepling. It's 2 years old card right now .

Not me. I have too many bills to pay! I'm right around the minimum for Witcher 3, so if CP2077 has steeper system requirements than that, I'll be forced to skip it :(

If it can run on a console I'm not worried lol, higher graphical settings hardly look any different nowadays anyway.

The only thing I am lacking is the video card, got a 980 TI, been wanting to upgrade for a while, but with prices the way they were for the 1080 TI's, I have been holding off. Now I am probably going to hold off till the 1180's or whatever name it goes by is released.

These are the specs the demo ran on:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @3.70 GHz
MB: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15
GPU: Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 PCIe
PSU: Corsair SF600 600W

Source is picture related:

I'm pretty much covered in everything except the RAM and the SSD.
Running a 6700k and a 1080 but I got everything else covered. I really really want to run this at 144Hz 1440p so I might upgrade. We'll see.

do you think will 1060 be enough to run it at decent settings? and i have i7770k

I can't see why not. 1060 is an excellent card and your processor is fine. Though my idea of decent might be different to yours, but there is no way (I would hope!) CDPR will release a game that can't run well on a 1060.

I bought the witcher 3 on ps4, pre ordered and the game was runnning like shit on ps4, i remember being on these forums every day waiting for a patch that only came after 4 or more months and that patch fixed almost nothing , improved like 5 fps on city and the worst sections, still running like 20 to 25 fps.

If it was like this on ps4 how the fuck can we expect this game to run on a original ps4 or even on a pspro? If the city of novigrad took 30 seconds to load textures and even sound on ps4 how a full city like this, with a SHIT ton of NPCS and verticality like the previews mention will run. Will ps users get the short end of the stick AGAIN?

Microsoft consoles will be fine probably with the kind of deal they always have with CdProject ...

i hope there will be some noticeable differences.
There is much more power behind pcs...use them !

Nothing against console players, but, damn , in my opinion they are the problem that the most titels are not so much advanced anymore.

that is why we play the most good looking games like The last of us 2 and ghosts of tsushima and you just watch it on youtube and twitch salivating.

that is why we play the most good looking games like The last of us 2 and ghosts of tsushima and you just watch it on youtube and twitch salivating.

Sure but they are exclusives... Multiplatform games are harder to pull off because u can't focus resources on single platform.

Sure but they are exclusives... Multiplatform games are harder to pull off because u can't focus resources on single platform.

I know, i am concern too because a full city like this is super demanding on consoles, lets not forget novigrad runned at 20 fps and textures took 20 to 30 seconds to load in the city. I hope next gen consoles are around the corner.

W3 has some serius system requirements but was very well optimized and the game beat competition hands down even on lower medium settings. We probably could expect the same from CP2077. Still the reccomended spec will be of cosmic proportions, but older i5 and GTX1050 (or Radeon counterparts) should be more than enough to enjoy the game at medium settings. But. of course, I may be wrong, and the game would force many of us to upgrade. A lot. And the console, I don't know. I've always benn a kind of PC guy who looks down at the console users. Buy a gaming PC :)

Hi everyone,

Do you think we will need a 8700k and 1080ti to get the best of it? Or maybe the game will be optimised greatly for multicore/thread so an AMD 2600/2700 will be the way to go?

Depends on the resolution and framerates you want to play at.
I'm running a pair of 1080 Ti cards (6850k CPU) and if I end up buying this game, I will no doubt upgrade to a pair of newer cards and likely still won't be able to play in 4k/60fps with everything cranked like I usually do. I just fully expect CP2077 to be incredibly demanding.

For folks running mainstream hardware, you'll probably be fine in 1080p I would think. The way I look at it is this - if they are seriously going to release this game for PS4 / XB1, then even average PC hardware will run the game fine. It's just if you want to play at very high resolutions or with very high framerates and image quality, you'll probably need a GPU upgrade.

Top Bottom