Health: regen or stimpack?

+
Ah! the SDP point. Well said, Prod.

This bears some thought. I wonder if the Team is going to be instituting SDP? It's one of the defining characteristics of cyberlimbs and, among other benefits, means no stun/shock save to the cyberlimb, not death checks from 8 points of damage in one go. Substantial advantages.

Disadvantage is that it has to be repaired, of course.

While I would love it, it does present the problem of the game having to keep track of damage using 2 seperate mechanics... also your body would react differently to shots taken to meat parts than it would to the metal bits...

Creates something of a bother I would imagine for the devs and programmers...

Seems like most of what I would want to see has been said by the regular crowd. No health regen in combat, no stimpacks or other instant healing items. Do have drugs to abate the negative effects of wounds, but boy are they expensive and perhaps illegal and addictive. Given that technology has progressed a bit from the 2020 setting there may be a bit of leeway in there but I really don't want to see that much. And if damage is done by location remember that cyberlimbs have their own SDP (hit points) separate from your own, one of the main reasons that they have such a high humanity cost.
Ah! the SDP point. Well said, Prod.

This bears some thought. I wonder if the Team is going to be instituting SDP? It's one of the defining characteristics of cyberlimbs and, among other benefits, means no stun/shock save to the cyberlimb, not death checks from 8 points of damage in one go. Substantial advantages.

Disadvantage is that it has to be repaired, of course.
Very good ponts about SDP. I had forgotten all about it.

I feel that the SDP system for armour and cyberware should definitely be incorperated into '77. I am curious though if cyberware should be repairable without taking it to a techie. And what about armour? Should these devices have their own form of 'field maintainance' items, like some sort of nanite paste that can get them operational again should they become disabled?

Nanite Paste for simple armor repair maybe... I think limbs would have to actually be repaired, the beauty is the character can take cybertech as a skill.

Nanite Paste for simple armor repair maybe... I think limbs would have to actually be repaired, the beauty is the character can take cybertech as a skill.
Of course, but they will still need time and parts to make the repairs, not to mention tools for the diagnostic and actual repair work. I guess this is where the Techie 'Jury Rig' ability could actually be very useful.

And now I think about it, I'm not so sure about the nanite paste armour repairs. It would probably work on things like hard armours, but not so sure about soft armours.

Of course, but they will still need time and parts to make the repairs, not to mention tools for the diagnostic and actual repair work. I guess this is where the Techie 'Jury Rig' ability could actually be very useful.

And now I think about it, I'm not so sure about the nanite paste armour repairs. It would probably work on things like hard armours, but not so sure about soft armours.

Suddenly I am reminded of the old infomercials about the magic goo that suomehow seamlessly repaired rips and tears in upholstery, even leather...

It was like the Aerosol Hair for couch and jacket repair...

Suddenly I am reminded of the old infomercials about the magic goo that suomehow seamlessly repaired rips and tears in upholstery, even leather...

It was like the Aerosol Hair for couch and jacket repair...
Never seen it...

I can't imagine it was very effective, otherwise it would have been more popular...

Very good ponts about SDP. I had forgotten all about it.

I feel that the SDP system for armour and cyberware should definitely be incorperated into '77. I am curious though if cyberware should be repairable without taking it to a techie. And what about armour? Should these devices have their own form of 'field maintainance' items, like some sort of nanite paste that can get them operational again should they become disabled?
For something like soft armor (Kevlar and the like,) I don't even think we'd need anything as tiny as nanomachines; micromachines would be entirely sufficient. I'm picturing a swarm of mechanical "bugs" about the size of fleas, happily knitting together the punctured area. Having them suspended in some kind of polymer "paste" as raw material to work with makes sense.

For cyberware, though, I think that'd require a techie. I don't see micromachines / nanomachines reattaching that cyberlimb that took a .50 cal round.

For something like soft armor (Kevlar and the like,) I don't even think we'd need anything as tiny as nanomachines; micromachines would be entirely sufficient. I'm picturing a swarm of mechanical "bugs" about the size of fleas, happily knitting together the punctured area. Having them suspended in some kind of polymer "paste" as raw material to work with makes sense.

For cyberware, though, I think that'd require a techie. I don't see micromachines / nanomachines reattaching that cyberlimb that took a .50 cal round.

Spawl dude, spawl....

Ok, I had another thought, (yeah, I wouldn't get too close in case I detonate.)

So, armour is going to get banged up pretty bad and in a protracted combat environment, that will leave us vulnerable. Repairs on the fly are a tenuous idea at present and it won't be practical to go home, fix everything, then come back. So we either need portable workstations or many fixed ones all over the place.

I am leaning more towards the portable workstations. A techie companion can carry one or we can do it ourselves if we are techies, (or at least competant.) Make sure they use a resource. They can patch stuff up and keep it running in the field, until proper attention can be given at a decent auto-factory unit.

How does that sound?

So, armour is going to get banged up pretty bad and in a protracted combat environment, that will leave us vulnerable. Repairs on the fly are a tenuous idea at present and it won't be practical to go home, fix everything, then come back. So we either need portable workstations or many fixed ones all over the place.
Or just don't get shot:). I think fixed workstations aren't always feasible. I just don't think they will make sense in many locations, besides, that is exactly why you bring a techie or put on the less damaged armor jacket that you just looted because it now protects you better than your shot to shit metal gear. Work stations just feel too much like 'taking a breather' in the middle of a mission. While I acknowledge that game mechanically they may be necessary, they just don't feel right to me.

Ok, I had another thought, (yeah, I wouldn't get too close in case I detonate.)

I am leaning more towards the portable workstations. A techie companion can carry one or we can do it ourselves if we are techies, (or at least competant.) Make sure they use a resource. They can patch stuff up and keep it running in the field, until proper attention can be given at a decent auto-factory unit.

How does that sound?

Honestly, it sounds goofy and forced, and even more unrealistic than having three foot high barriers everywhere just so you can crouch behind them....

Honestly, it sounds goofy and forced, and even more unrealistic than having three foot high barriers everywhere just so you can crouch behind them....
How so? I'm not talking about anything massive, more of a peice of kit about the size of a laptop, basically an advanced tool kit.

How so? I'm not talking about anything massive, more of a peice of kit about the size of a laptop, basically an advanced tool kit.

Right.... just laying around everywhere....like the repair tables in fallout...

As opposed to just buying a toolkit for yourself, and doing the repairs on the fly, or for more major damage, having to go to a clinic or a techie...

And your coke is here and waiting for you prod...

Right.... just laying around everywhere....like the repair tables in fallout...

As opposed to just buying a toolkit for yourself, and doing the repairs on the fly, or for more major damage, having to go to a clinic or a techie...

And your coke is here and waiting for you prod...
I meant the toolkit you carry round to do the work is about the size of a laptop.

Obviously major damage needs time to get sorted out, but patching something up should be ok on the fly.

I only suggested 'Fallout-esque workbenches' if this was not available.

Hrm. I could maybe buy in to the "portable workstation" idea, provided that repair takes time, and is not an instantaneous event. Otherwise, on-the-fly armor repair sounds a bit hokey to me.

Hrm. I could maybe buy in to the "portable workstation" idea, provided that repair takes time, and is not an instantaneous event. Otherwise, on-the-fly armor repair sounds a bit hokey to me.
I am totally onboard with that. Nothing should be instant with regards to these sorts of tasks.

Disposable future.

Repairing, unless you are a Techie, should be rare and expensive. Because replacements are so cheap.

Only things repairable should be vehicles, I think. Everything else you toss when it's ruined. BUT, no automatic degradation. It has to be ruined by actual incidences of damage.

Cybertech is a skill, available to everyone.... not sure why repairing it wouldn't be an option, so long as it is externally accessible...

Top Bottom