Help with a bug needed! Cauldron fires not there!

+
So i have this weird bug. All the other fire sources work normally and give light except for cauldron fires. Mostly found around trolls.
So if i approach any fire like that there is no light or fire under it. Looks like this:
witcher3 2020-10-01 07-06-46.png

If i then save next to it and reload that save it seems to work fine like this, however once i get to a certain distance from it it just extiguishes both fire and light and it's really fruistrating i cannot figure it out.
witcher3 2020-10-01 07-08-09.png

I tried uninstalling the whole game and re-downloading and not using any mods and bug keeps persisting. Even tried a new game and it was still there. Is it maybe some kind of setting on my PC? Perhaps Nvidia setting....i really don't know. First i thought it was some mod interfering but it doesn't look like it.

Did anyone encounter this kind of bug?

But did you use mods before that? If yes, it‘s possible that they are still affecting the game, even if you are not using them anymore (they can affect your save game and therefore be hard to get rid of),

But did you use mods before that? If yes, it‘s possible that they are still affecting the game, even if you are not using them anymore (they can affect your save game and therefore be hard to get rid of),

But i uninstalled everything and started a new game and the bug is still there. How can that be?

But i uninstalled everything and started a new game and the bug is still there. How can that be?

Unfortunately it is still possible. Usually the safest way is installing the game to a different folder. Even in that case, I’d make sure to remove every file that remains after uninstalling your existing installation (but make a backup of your save games, just in case). Some mods leave files in these folders.

It‘s always possible that it‘s somehow nvidia related but I have never had that issue with my nvidia card. If you changed the nvidia settings at some point, you could try restoring the nvidia settings in the nvidia control panel.

But it kinda sounds more like a mod issue to me.

Top Bottom