Hogwarts Legacy

+
The more I play, the more I absolutely love the combat system. To me, it's two levels up from Witcher 3's combat (which I also love); having so many different spells, spell combinations, and enemy weaknesses to specific spells and/or combos makes it super fun.

I agree that the combat system is excellent and wonderfully dynamic.

My biggest gripe with the combat system comes from the inability to fit all spells into the quickmenu at the same time, something that is clearly the result of the system yielding to the restrictions of a console controller. That is a huge minus.

As to the unforgivables,
they are cool but mostly for show anyway. You don't need the killing curse to kill, your default ancient magic already explodes living beings. Or transforms them permanently to a chicken, or shrinks them to worm-size which you then squish under your boot. It was rather surprising that you end up blowing the troll in Hogsmeade to majonnaise in the very beginning.

20230216211733_1.jpg

I'll probably do it on my main character for the sake of ancient magic. Though I have no intentions in abusing it with my main character.

My main will be my Ravenclaw wizard, Procyon Sheerfor. Pureblood hailing from a broom making family making Eccelor brooms. His reasoning for using dark arts spells is because he believes all forms of magic should be known and preserved. Even the horrible ones. I do not plan to use the unforgiving ones except when the story forces you to.

Thoughts on Quidditch Championship?

A bit disappointed that it's a standalone game to be honest. I don't agree with removing an integral part of lore from the main game to monetize separately. That's like Witcher 3 without Gwent.

I guess the multi player element is what they wanted to focus on which is fine but why not do both and still have it in Hogwarts Legacy but just within the game, not multi player.

I'll probably do it on my main character for the sake of ancient magic. Though I have no intentions in abusing it with my main character.

My main will be my Ravenclaw wizard, Procyon Sheerfor. Pureblood hailing from a broom making family making Eccelor brooms. His reasoning for using dark arts spells is because he believes all forms of magic should be known and preserved. Even the horrible ones. I do not plan to use the unforgiving ones except when the story forces you to.
That's a good reasoning. Knowledge is knowledge, and therefore useful and worth studying.

Thoughts on Quidditch Championship?

A bit disappointed that it's a standalone game to be honest. I don't agree with removing an integral part of lore from the main game to monetize separately. That's like Witcher 3 without Gwent.

Kind of. Im somewhat disappointed also, but it would be cool if we could transfer the names and likenesses of our character from Hogwarts legacy to the quidditch game. I think its a reasonable wish.

A 2.1 GB (at least for me) update has arrived, with a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong list of fixes, including Arachophobia Mode (I may see what it's like out of curiousity): https://hogwartslegacy.bugs.wbgames.com/patch-notes

I don't think I ever noticed any of the problems that are now fixed, but judging by comments on Steam many people had a lot of issues. Hopefully, those hundreds of fixes make the game playable for everyone with at least the minimum hardware requirements.

Yep, still have the game installed because I'm not done with the game yet and it also receive a big update on xbox (9.9GB) including pretty much the same "fixes" I guess.
I quickly checked the patchnote (quickly, because it's really big^^) and I don't think I encountered any of these issues in my last playthrough too... I just hopes for a slightly better performances in some areas like Hogwarts. It's maybe a good reason to return to the game :)

The last-gen console version came out today. That's why we finally got a big patch. I also didn't experience most of the problems listed in the changelog, so I consider myself fortunate. I'm hoping for some real content updates in the months to come.

At any rate, the update isn't why I'm posting. I took a look at some of the last-gen gameplay. I'm shocked at how good it looks. No, it's not equivalent to the PS5, and most definitely not equivalent to a max-spec PC, but it looks really good, considering the hardware. Still doesn't match the technical achievements of Rock Star on last gen consoles, but it's impressive nonetheless.

Good time to restart after the update. I try in hard and without mini-map like Draconifors said in a previous post, but I'm a bit afraid to been lost... I'll see if the book is enough to find my way.
I could be wrong, but I think graphics were slightly improved in performance mode by the update.
In the character creator I realized how I missed the musics... I'll repeat myself (again^^), but the OST is awesome.
06-05-2023_23-27-46-tbuz4w11.jpeg
06-05-2023_23-27-58-qlhvx1jt.jpeg

A 2.1 GB (at least for me) update has arrived, with a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong list of fixes, including Arachophobia Mode (I may see what it's like out of curiousity): https://hogwartslegacy.bugs.wbgames.com/patch-notes

I don't think I ever noticed any of the problems that are now fixed, but judging by comments on Steam many people had a lot of issues. Hopefully, those hundreds of fixes make the game playable for everyone with at least the minimum hardware requirements.
Played with the Arachnophobia mode switched on last night, I think it's a really nice touch, plus it's been done in a lore appropriate way too!

Played with the Arachnophobia mode switched on last night, I think it's a really nice touch, plus it's been done in a lore appropriate way too!
Arachnophobia mode, huh? Ron Weasley sure would have appreciated it...

My boy Procyon is a menace to society, even before unforgivables. I have curcio but not the other two. I recently learned bombardo and have focused on side quests in villages.

I like to mess with the last poacher in any group. Expelliarmus, Flippendo, glacius, arresto momentum, accio, leviosa... rinse and repeat. (Except expelliarmus). If you do it enough, you can get some unique dialogue out of them. They'll recognize you for some of your deeds thus far. I always like to finish them with a arresto momentum + petrificus totalus.

I'm currently lvl 34. I got 91% of combat challenges done. I need to slay 1 troll, 8 spiders, 11 random spell challenges. And I'm not sure how many infamous whatever named characters. Procyon is a mad lad killing everything. I used curcio a few times out of anger after failing to beat a goblin camp in under 4 minutes. I took two trolls out and a bunch of scattered out goblins, but the timer never stopped. Total bs, but I digress. I have no intentions in using the other two. Learning them, but avada kedavra is stupid. Opponents die too quickly. I want them to suffer slowly. That and diffindo and bombardo are my favorite spells. The two fire spells are very helpful. Depulso and flippendo are in my first spell slot alongside bombardo and diffindo.

My second spell slot to the left is utility. Lumos, accio, leviosa, aand disillusionment charm. Stealth is fun sometimes.

To the right is all three beast items and repairo.

Last spell slot is crucial, incendio, confringo and expelliarmus.

I never use items. Useless. I may use the storm potion. The others, only in a second playthrough if I do.

My biggest complaint is friends. I want more interactions with them. Amit, Natty, Poppy and Sebastian. Though Sebastian got considerable more screentime than the others. Not that I'm complaining. I like him.

Overall I like everything about the game. I get lost a lot, but I know my way around parts of the castle. I bought the dark arts pack cause I like this game so much. You can see my theatrical in one pick, she looks dead, but she ain't. You can also see the Warner bros linked account items too. They're pretty cool. I think the dark arts pack should have given a new spell or two, but I like it none the less. The coat is so cool. I wear the suit underneath it a lot. The thestral is fun to use. I'll post more pics in the future.

20230518_024534.png

bd217ced-ecfe-47a5-ba26-ee6f789cdce0.png

3cab605d-da4b-4a0b-9f04-3848d4282b51.png

My best buddy that isn't Sebastian.
c3fa4bc8-21a7-4890-a448-a27d0d7ada86.png

20230518_024558.png

My current wand.
bfca430d-86aa-45a0-85fb-f11412d4967c.png

Four house ghosts and peeves.

The plants, especially the cabbages, are fun, though.

(I also enjoy it when I accidentally pull out a Mandrake instead of pressing the right key for whatever I am trying to do. Doing that around other students, or in the middle of nowhere with no NPCs around, is particularly hilarious.)

Last edited:
The plants, especially the cabbages, are fun, though.

(I also enjoy it when I accidentally pull out a Mandrake instead of pressing the right key for whatever I am trying to do. Doing that around other students, or in the middle of nowhere with no NPCs around, is particularly hilarious.)
I like the perk that let's you get two cabbages for one. Sounds a very useful perk.

There seems to be an update to Hogwarts, could someone let me know how big is the patch for the Steam version. Thanks!

Top Bottom