Hotfix 1.06 on the way (changelog inside)

+
I'd like to report that i get an endless loading screen in the quest Precious Cargo upon telling the merchant "Seen through your lies".

Right after the weekend we are planning to release a hotfix for PC (1.06). It will address the most reported issues by the community.

You can find the list of changes below. Of course the console version will follow shortly after (will be numbered 1.05) and will include some additional changes such as the save game issues fix and the money cap.

- Fixes the endless loading screen when fighting the Ice Giant during the quest 'Lord of Undvik'
- Geralt's clothes will no longer be wet after leaving the menu
- The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'
- Fixes the lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'
- Fixes an issue that prevented players from creating more than one item via Crafting/Alchemy

We will let you know once more details become available.

Any chance that we are getting a free camera mode on consoles? I have seen people pause gameplay even during cutscenes and take some amazing videos and screenshots on PC.
Please look into this request for us gamers, as consoles don't feature mods we can only rely on developers now.
Thanks for fixing so many bugs so quickly !

Please fix the magic lamp quest log bug. A lot of people are complaining about it and many, including myself, are waiting for this fix to progress in the game.

I know the quest itself isn't bugged but some people just can't stand that red line in the quest log. I believe it's a simple problem compared to the others.

Thanks!!

Yep, i also like to see a fix for the frame rate on PS4.
I understand you guys have a lot on your plates right now, but please have a look when you get the time.
Thanks for all the updates :)

After patch 1.05 the game is stabled on terms of flickering and objects poppin in an out. But now the game is constantly freezing in the menu and during cutscenes, even when I'm walking around. When I load the game it just crashes again. Stopped playing 4 days ago, It's impossible now.

Still too many bugs for a delayed release. I don't want to imagine what was the game's state on last autumn, the official release date. And the delay didn't help much, apparently. We are in next year's summer, developers, you failed to deliver, big time.

It's been 10 days since the last patch and all this waiting for what? 5 hotfixes? What a joke.

Stop bullshitting. They need to get under the pressure. The game is broken in every possible way - graphics, animation, quests, cards, combat mechanics, crafting, perks/skills, absence of basis things like inventory sorting, etc.

The game is so great (bugs aside) and this is why it's even more hurting to see all those technical problems.

This! Fucking this!
It's been the same issue with all Witcher games so far. They come out buggy as hell and are actually playable and the way they meant to be as the Enhanced Edition. Either it's CDPR's company policy or they're technically just not that good. I don't know which is worse, especially because I really like everything else about the Witcher games and CDPR. They seem to be a very creative, happy and fun loving bunch of people and I really, really appreciate the fact that especially in Wild Hunt you can see the one of a kind slavic humor and mentality at every turn but the way the games are technically buggy and how CDPR decides to adress or better put not adress serious issues like the mutagen bonus bug meaning their priorities at fixing bugs is kind of messed up really annoys me.
Well, guess I'll just wait for the Enhanced Edition patch then...

Maybe because there is lots of contents/features/whateveryouthinkof and it takes time to fix everything. They could have postponed the game by few months to get partial fixes, but a lots of things come from the community too and they reply to us by fixing patch after patch. And keep in mind that everyone doesn't always suffer from the same bugs. Maybe they haven't reproduced some you've wrotten here.

How can you know they aren't trying to fix some of those bugs you all listed ? Maybe the fix isn't ready for some of these specifics REDbugs or maybe they are considered as low priority which could be understandable (a card missing isn't the worst thing that could happen, isn't it ?)

Thanks for patching as fast as you can the game, thanks for hearing/listening/talking to the community, i look forward for the special enhanced edition next year ;)

Getting angry against RED changes what ? Nothing, so keep calm, report bug & relax. Summer times, get out get fresh/hot air after few hours of playing, doh!

Please include fix for distorted audio in start up menu (ps4) I noticed this since 1.04 was added. Others have reported it effecting in game menu and map and end credits. Great game by the way I'm new to the witcher series and would love to get back into again.

Maybe because there is lots of contents/features/whateveryouthinkof and it takes time to fix everything. They could have postponed the game by few months to get partial fixes, but a lots of things come from the community too and they reply to us by fixing patch after patch. And keep in mind that everyone doesn't always suffer from the same bugs. Maybe they haven't reproduced some you've wrotten here.

How can you know they aren't trying to fix some of those bugs you all listed ? Maybe the fix isn't ready for some of these specifics REDbugs or maybe they are considered as low priority which could be understandable (a card missing isn't the worst thing that could happen, isn't it ?)

Thanks for patching as fast as you can the game, thanks for hearing/listening/talking to the community, i look forward for the special enhanced edition next year ;)

Getting angry against RED changes what ? Nothing, so keep calm, report bug & relax. Summer times, get out get fresh/hot air after few hours of playing, doh!

I'm not angry. I'm just stating the obvious. It is what it is.
And while you're right about a missing card you're totally wrong on the whole. They have fixed things in the last patch that weren't that serious but didn't fix others that were. Same with this hotfix. Boni being not calculated correctly is a huge slip up. This alongside the crafting/alchemy bug should've been number one priority. Instead they fix some totally unimportant bug like wet clothes? This is almost ridiculous. And there still is an issue with XP, it isn't completely fixed. And don't get me started on the XP distributing system as a whole or the inventory UI for PC xD
So what I said earlier is still valid. Wait for the Enhanced Edition and you'll experience a great game...the EE patch is not without reason almost as big as the game itself ;)

Top Bottom