Hotfix 7.0.2 is now available!

+
I do not know about your hot-fixes and whatnot but fix your bugs, man, fix your bugs. This is getting tedious with all those persistent bugs and also new ones. Just 5 minutes ago, a card disappeared from my graveyard and without the intervention of my opponent, mind you. Namely, the Flying Redanian. I checked twice the cards my opponent played just to be sure if I missed stg but, no, it just "poof" vanished into thin air. Every season (and seasonal play) brings new bugs, and you go out and call the Powershift (?) a fresh (!!!) new alternative to standard mode. Come on!!! Is this a joke? Fresh?!? In the end, you just change the name, call it a fresh alternative and yet, you do not care about fixing all those bugs in seasonal play. After so many months of similar mishaps, I am starting to agree with those who say the game is being poorly managed. Hope you start paying some serious attention to getting those bugs fixed and the game balanced before you introduce new expansions.

This is a small step in the right direction but it's not enough.
These cards are still broken:

- [NG] Invocation -> game deciding in mirrors -> completely busted if it can steal a card greater then 9p
- [NR] Vissegerd -> completely busted for 8p-> it can easily generate more points than the provision costs -> in swarm decks it generates game winning value
- [SK] Greatsword -> the most broken engine in the game -> ironically it destroys their own faction Svalblod priestst engines -> GS should be gold
- [NR] Kerack Frigate -> to low provision costs given the point output/provision costs ratio -> this should be a gold card for 7p
- [MO] Caranthir -> double gold abuse -> this ability is broken just like any other double gold card combo leader ability /cards

As long such cards/abilities exist in Gwent a lot of cards won't see play because they simply can't compete against it

Sorry but this nerfing is not enough, the losses keep being by a huge margin of points, even if I'm 60-18 in the last round, his last 2 plays just destroys the whole game.

Why the provision cost has been nerfed to 11 ? If i compare with the leader's capacities with similar effect ( Mystic echo/ Pincer maneuver: allowing playing two cards in one turn), their P.cost is 12. Why this difference ?

I don't this that [...] SK is behind us. As long as Morkvard HoT of Wild boar could be play at the same time as a greatsword, the problem will stay. My thoughts is that competitive SK will be even more reliant on this combo. Maybe the winrate of the faction will fall, but the frustration's feeling of the opponents will remain

On the other hand, the Gedyneith powerplay will suffer. As a casual player around rank 10-5, i tried to play my on creation. The 3 provision cost will hurt a lot my deck ( crow swarm).

AS a big Sk player, the identity of the faction is more around self-damage, ressurecting from the graveyard than big turn with greatswords. It is only my advice, but nerfing GS leave all the other option viable, nerfing second wind ( best SK leader since a long time) nerf all SK archetypes...

PS: I'm tired of masquerade ball, will it be nerfed a day ? because it 's really really toxic and tilting, even more with Amnisty ( cards that are not be poisoned will be yoinked ...)

Last edited by a moderator:
The toxic decks & cards still exist this is what you get if you don't patch a competative multiplayer game for nearly half a year and don't listen to the community.
For the first time I'm seriously considering to quit Gwent because the problems are always the same.
The new patch is nice but it doesn't wash the flaws away most of the cards are either trash or get abused at such an extend it breaks the game.
Frustrating...................

- [NG] Invocation -> game deciding in mirrors -> completely busted if it can steal a card greater then 9p
- [NR] Vissegerd -> completely busted for 8p-> it can easily generate more points than the provision costs -> in swarm decks it generates game winning value
- [SK] Greatsword -> the most broken engine in the game -> ironically it destroys their own faction Svalblod priestst engines -> GS should be gold
- [NR] Kerack Frigate -> to low provision costs given the point output/provision costs ratio -> this should be a gold card for 7p
- [MO] Caranthir -> double gold abuse -> this ability is broken just like any other double gold card combo leader ability /cards

As long such cards/abilities exist in Gwent a lot of cards won't see play because they simply can't compete against it
-Yen Invo is probably not getting fixed, because it's NG.
-Vissegerd is gross in a swarm and really only needs to have 2 boosted units on the board to hit value. I think 9p is reasonable.
-GS discussed at length elsewhere. My version: boost by 2 whenever an enemy is damaged during the turn, which would leave "ping" synergy for Dagur only.
-I think the only reason the Frigate is not a 7p gold with its body and crazy output is the fact that it doesn't have veil, so can be locked. Which... I kinda get. People should probably play more locks. And for 6p bronze this side of GS it's almost reasonable. It could maybe get row-locked? Eh, idk. I would rather some other 6p bronze engines get a little buff (Hello, Smuggler).
-Caranthir is almost fine, imo. The only thing I would change about him is limit him to MO units only, to eliminate the Armor cheese.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I almost hate to say it but that is actually a pretty cool looking card. Could call it Treacherous Shoals or Shipwrecked.
The artwork is from The-Witcher3-Wild-Hunt-Artbook :)

I don't really get how this nerf killed you're favorite Druide archetype, you just need to replace one of the higher provision Cards with a 4 Provision Card and the Deck will work almost identical.
It was a Gedy&Dracoturtle combo, and relied on several high provision cards:
(to be fair, it was a bit on the inconsistent side, that's why I've included Skald)

I would like to donate 10€ via paypal to the person that finds a solution.
Deck must include: Gedy, Dracoturtle, one CrowClanPreacher, one Mardroeme, Vlodimir, Iris, Ermion, one Freya's Blessing.
Would like to include: Triss or a second Mardroeme, a second Clan Preacher, Crowmother, Defender, Gremist

That deck worked so well because in times of Poison, Triss was able to create Crow's Eye in order to purify Gremist. I was also able to play Speed-Gedy in round one by discarding a Clan Druid with Skald and then killing Ermion with the Savage Bear. Last but not least, the combination of Dracoturtle and Gedy was able to produce 150 points during round three.

Nonetheless, I'll take a break. Not sure yet if I will return.

Last edited:
The artwork is from The-Witcher3-Wild-Hunt-Artbook :)

It was a Gedy&Dracoturtle combo, and relied on several high provision cards:
(to be fair, it was a bit on the inconsistent side, that's why I've included Skald)

I would like to donate 10€ via paypal to the person that finds a solution.
Deck must include: Gedy, Dracoturtle, one CrowClanPreacher, one Mardroeme, Vlodimir, Iris, Ermion, one Freya's Blessing.
Would like to include: Triss or a second Mardroeme, a second Clan Preacher, Crowmother, Defender, Gremist

That deck worked so well because in times of Poison, Triss was able to create Crow's Eye in order to purify Gremist. I was also able to play Speed-Gedy in round one by discarding a Clan Druid with Skald and then killing Ermion with the Savage Bear. Last but not least, the combination of Dracoturtle and Gedy was able to produce 150 points during round three.

Nonetheless, I'll take a break. Not sure yet if I will return.
Just cut "Triss: Telekinesis". She doesn't seem remotely essential to the deck, and doing so would free up a lot of provisons. I don't see the problem.

The ethereal + fruits of ysgith interaction still seems problematic as far as I can tell. It's just too much leader value to be able to use your leader every turn for 3 points. At least with other leaders you have to use resources from hand for it to transform something.

I've seen fruit/ethereal lists being played poorly and still putting up 80+ point rounds.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Just cut "Triss: Telekinesis". She doesn't seem remotely essential to the deck, and doing so would free up a lot of provisons. I don't see the problem.
So you basically say that CDPR finally forces me to follow the script? I gotta admit: Well played.
Thank you for the advice. After my break I’ll give it a try and if it works out well I’ll let you know.

Guest 4368268

Disagree with you here, especially on Caranthir. Calling it double gold abuse is frivolous. It obviously doesn't proc the deploy ability of whatever card you choose with it. It's a card just used for cool combos like a double Keltullis, Living Armour, creating a weak copy of a strong engine. It's a super versatile and flavourful card but none of its' interactions are 'broken' strong ≠ broken.

Invocation to the contrary is very much a boring category of card that doesn't gain value through combos but rather by hitting a fortunate match-up with it. Kind of design I really dislike. I'll agree with you that that one sucks.

Vissegerd generates game winning value sometimes sure. But why shouldn't it? What's wrong with swarm of all archetypes having a solid pay-off card? If there's one archetype that needs it.. besides which you can play around it and make it worth precious little.

Kerack Frigate is a 4 power order card with a proc condition that you have to manually activate each turn, meaning it won't proc after you pass with it on board. I've no problem with its' power to provisions nor that it is a bronze card. I want strong bronze cards. More like it please.

Greatswords are busted as is. We don't need to even say much about that one.

You should nerf new op bronzes instead of second wind.
Right?!

They are like a child's power fantasy. It wouldn't surprised me if there was some "design the next expansion" competition sent out to all the elementary school in Poland.

The state of this game.

Either that or they got Star Magic Jackson Jnr. involved in the design process:

Post automatically merged:

Thanks again for 350+ hours of Gwent.
Love you all. <3
Bye!
View attachment 11050787
I think I'll join you.

Yeah, I've got to my limit after 9 days of this nonsense.

I have a perfect example of how broken the new SK cards are.

This evening I play the perfect game with my dwarf invigorate deck.

My opponent is forced to use up his Second Wind and his Echo cards in R2. I have prepped my deck with Allgod. And I am carrying Gabor Zigrin over into round 3. We are going to draw 3 cards each.

For my 3 cards I draw 2x 6 body Mahakam Defenders (both pre boosted by Allgod, and a Mahakan Maurader.

Zigrin is on the field so will play for 8
Defender 1 has been preboosted to 6 body so will play for 10
Defender 2 has also been preboosted to 6 body so will play for 9
Marauder will play for 6
Played in that sequence.
That's a potential 33 points.

His three cards, I shit you not in this sequence:

Card 1:
Harald An Craite (+ 4 provision Tuirseach Invader)

Card 2:
War of Clans (+ 4 provision Tuirseach Invader)

Card 3:
Morkvarg Heart of Terror

Guess how many points he won by...

Harald An Craite played for 16 for 11
War of Clans played for 9 for 6
Morkvarg played for 13 for 10

Total 38 for 27

That is actually crazy to be able to get that much value out of three fucking cards

There is literally no point playing a game where the developers are more concerned about making money off their latest and greatest cards than maintaining the integrity of the game's ecosystem.

Just like DRC9 I am done.

View attachment 11050868

Btw I've been a fan of Cyber Punk since it's pen and paper incarnation. But just like another poster suggested in protest, that will be a game I buy second hand now (I need to recoup the money I spent on Gwent somehow).

Last edited:
Just in regards to Greatswords specifically, it seems to me that most bronze engines are designed around the idea of generating a single point per turn when some condition is met.

What if Greatswords was changed to something like "If any enemy unit takes damage during your turn, boost self by 1." i.e. it could only boost by a single point in any one turn.

That would bring it into line with most other bronze engines. It would also make it more associated with decks that actively do damage to their enemy. Passive damage, like weather for example, which ticks on the opponents turn, would not trigger it.

Obviously its provision cost could be reduced slightly to compensate if necessary. The opposite row condition could also be removed.

Dagur as a gold card is probably ok as it is.
That sounds a good idea, with 5 provisions maybe

rather than dealing with card and leader interactions that make a certain deck OP, CDPR takes these broad strokes just to show that they are doing "something".

This is my own take at balancing:

Second Wind wouldn't be as OP if it was capped at ressing only 10p units.
The same way, Mystic Echo with a cap of 10p would remove double waters but still make harmony a viable deck without its nerf.

For the MM cards:
Berserker 3 power with veteran maybe?
Mage infiltrator is super strong if anyone hasn't noticed, it's just 4p but shuts down engines left and right. (endrega larva, and scarabs to name a few) Maybe 2 damage only and 3 dmg if devotion?
Maybe Harald's passive not ignore armor?

rather than dealing with card and leader interactions that make a certain deck OP, CDPR takes these broad strokes just to show that they are doing "something".

This is my own take at balancing:

Second Wind wouldn't be as OP if it was capped at ressing only 10p units.
The same way, Mystic Echo with a cap of 10p would remove double waters but still make harmony a viable deck without its nerf.

For the MM cards:
Berserker 3 power with veteran maybe?
Mage infiltrator is super strong if anyone hasn't noticed, it's just 4p but shuts down engines left and right. (endrega larva, and scarabs to name a few) Maybe 2 damage only and 3 dmg if devotion?
Maybe Harald's passive not ignore armor?
Not sure if that would be enough. More an issue that Harald spews points for his provision value.
The worst case scenario with Harald is playing him R1 last card with an empty graveyard. More realistic worst case scenario is he draws a 4 provision vanilla warrior. That would still mean he played for 10.

That is literally his basement value for an 11 provision card. And let's be realistic here no one is going to actively play him last card R1 for 10 unless it guarantees the round.

So that means that is not really his basement value.

There is the possibility he gets bled out last card R2. But at that stage I think it's fair to say he will at a minimum get 11+ as his basement value.

Then in R3 his basement value becomes 12+
(6 body, +1 damage, +5-7 warrior)

That is guaranteed 12+ played as 3rd from last card.
AND if you don't remove him he plays for higher.

So is it good design, fitting in with the existing provision frame work to have an 11 provision card that is not only literally unbrickable as a single card play, but without immediate 6 point removal can also act as an engine to give value far in excess of its provision cost?

The closest card I can think of in regards to basement value with the potential for a higher ceiling is the 12 provision Zoltan. But that card requires far more answerable set-up to get value beyond 14.

My knowledge is far from extensive so are there comparable cards to Harald in regards to range of value,
That are strong in a short round and very strong in a long Round?

Edit: it occurred to me that I forgot to deduct 2 for damaged inflicted on the summoned card by Harald.

Last edited:

Guest 4404014

This is how I see SK, and what's up with it. Hotfix did close to nothing. Hardly any value was removed by the 3 provision nerf (one epic gold was replaced by another 5p bronze with just about the same value). Slight nerfs to two cards, good, but the main source of SK brokenness was untouched.

Now here's a little essay attempting to explain what should be done and why.

Old GS drawback was that it depended on long round with last say so 1) could draw bad for R1 and 2) could be bled. But even with those drawbacks, it was already one of the strongest decks. And this is what was added in MM:

1. Best value bronzes => 1) any hand has great value so R1 consistency is through the roof, and 2) can't be easily bled (also, replayability contributes here, as you can commit a pricey play without really committing it). This already removes the two drawbacks described above. But this is just a tip of an iceberg.

2. Premium power plays and veteran cards = good short round if needed, beats most decks on a bad draw for both sides (thx to the bronzes and veteran).

3. Primo removal cards = deals with even a wider range of decks and prevails in even a wider range of situations.

So the problem can't be solved by micro tweaks and removing x value here or there. The whole deck - every card, new or old - is a steaming ball of brokenness because of how MM changes empowered the faction's archetypes. It's got everything at the highest level of overtune. Since the balance crime has already been committed and there is no way to unmake those cards, the whole package must be completely re-balanced. Ideally based on feedback by top players who tested these decks thoroughly. There's no easy way out of it.

However, I've encountered a very interesting opinion lately - and from different people - saying that it's not SK that needs re-balancing. SK is pretty good in how the power between bronzes, epic golds and legendaries in proportioned. It's all the other factions that need to pack shit bronzes that you never wanna draw because golds give you disproportionately more value. CDPR should really go the hard way here and revamp the whole game at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if that would be enough. More an issue that Harald spews points for his provision value.
The worst case scenario with Harald is playing him R1 last card with an empty graveyard. More realistic worst case scenario is he draws a 4 provision vanilla warrior. That would still mean he played for 10.

That is literally his basement value for an 11 provision card. And let's be realistic here no one is going to actively play him last card R1 for 10 unless it guarantees the round.

So that means that is not really his basement value.

There is the possibility he gets bled out last card R2. But at that stage I think it's fair to say he will at a minimum get 11+ as his basement value.

Then in R3 his basement value becomes 12+
(6 body, +1 damage, +5-7 warrior)

That is guaranteed 12+ played as 3rd from last card.
AND if you don't remove him he plays for higher.

So is it good design, fitting in with the existing provision frame work to have an 11 provision card that is not only literally unbrickable as a single card play, but without immediate 6 point removal can also act as an engine to give value far in excess of its provision cost?

The closest card I can think of in regards to basement value with the potential for a higher ceiling is the 12 provision Zoltan. But that card requires far more answerable set-up to get value beyond 14.

My knowledge is far from extensive so are there comparable cards to Harald in regards to range of value,
That are strong in a short round and very strong in a long Round?

You're right with Harald, point slam + engine isn't even funny bc of his veil.
Should he be Devotion: Veteran you think? starting at 4 power? Oh wait, I mean his stage 1 at 4 power, stage 2 at 5 power and stage 3 at 6 power?

This is how I see SK, and what's up with it. Hotfix did close to nothing. Hardly any value was removed by the 3 provision nerf (one epic gold was replaced by another 5p bronze with just about the same value). Slight nerfs to two cards, good, but the main source of SK brokenness was untouched.

Now here's a little essay attempting to explain what should be done and why.

Old GS drawback was that it depended on long round with last say so 1) could draw bad for R1 and 2) could be bled. But even with those drawbacks, it was already one of the strongest decks. And this is what was added in MM:

1. Best value bronzes => 1) any hand has great value so R1 consistency is through the roof, and 2) can't be easily successfully bled (also, replayability contributes here, as you can commit a pricey play without really committing it). This already removes the two drawbacks described above. But this is just a tip of an iceberg.

2. Premium power plays and veteran cards = good short round if needed, beats most decks on a bad draw for both sides (thx to the bronzes and veteran).

3. Primo removal cards = deals with even a wider range of decks and prevails in even a wider range of situations.

So the problem can't be solved by micro tweaks and removing x value here or there. The whole deck - every card, new or old - is a steaming ball of brokenness because of how MM changes empowered the faction's archetypes. It's got everything at the highest level of overtune. Since the balance crime has already been committed and there is no way to unmake those cards, the whole package must be completely re-balanced. Ideally based on feedback by top players who tested these decks thoroughly. There's no easy way out of it.

However, I've encountered a very interesting opinion lately - and from different people - saying that it's not SK that needs re-balancing. SK is pretty good in how the power between bronzes, epic golds and legendaries in proportioned. It's all the other factions that need to pack shit bronzes that you never wanna draw because golds give you disproportionately more value. CDPR should really go the hard way here and revamp the whole game at this point.

Yep SK just became the best all-rounder faction bc of MM. All of its weaknesses as a faction were covered while other factions just got more gimmicks.

All Evolving Cards are Engines, btw.
I do believe that NR Evolving Card is not good, because you can't use it as an engine, Like Harald or Auberon, because the value is not immediately played at the start, it's a juicy target, killing it would destroy both it's engine value and Order, his Order is not something you would want to play early, therefore it's Weaker than most others.

Top Bottom