how do you get to high levels (over level 45)?

+
I'm upto around Level 52 now because I never emptied monster nests so most of them keep re-spawning & you get 20-50 XP each time you blow them up. As well as roaming around killing everything in sight (wolf packs are great XP source) I also found a nice spot where loads of downers continually spawn underwater just off the coast in Urston so I just take Killerwhale & one shot kill them with my crossbow for say 30 minutes until my trigger finger hurts. I can get 50-60 of them per minute & that gets me about 1500 XP each time.

I'm upto around Level 52 now because I never emptied monster nests so most of them keep re-spawning & you get 20-50 XP each time you blow them up. As well as roaming around killing everything in sight (wolf packs are great XP source) I also found a nice spot where loads of downers continually spawn underwater just off the coast in Urston so I just take Killerwhale & one shot kill them with my crossbow for say 30 minutes until my trigger finger hurts. I can get 50-60 of them per minute & that gets me about 1500 XP each time.

Haha awesome, to bad I cleared the nests. I would totally do this to kill time before NG+ if I knew how it scaled for levels.

Each time you visit the blacksmith you go to the crafting tab, and scroll down through hundreds of items to click on and look at the 1 of like 50 swords you can craft but can't use? I don't buy it :p.

Yeah meanwhile i recognized i can sort out equipment which is not on my level thx :p lol

And now with the lastest patch, is there a way to level up ?
I'm level 36 and I've done everything possible I think. I have no more quests to do,
and each time I kill a monster I earn only 1 XP
Any idea how to level up now before the NewGame+ comes ?

well, i managed to finish main quest line with level 42 :) and 1400 exp, i was overleveling ugly baby quest by aroun 9-11 levels, as prior to that during early game i did a lot of exploration, when each even drowner was worth a lot of exp, cleared the nests, did all contracts that wasnt red, and to be able to overlevel main quest line without worries i had to install mod letting me gain full exp for grey quests,

Until level 36 Cyclops lv 30 on Skellige Island gives more exp. After 36, use the level 32 Basilisk which will give good xp until level 38. Above that only 1 xp from every enemy.

Neither of these monsters are there after you kill them once in 1.07.

Killed the Basilisk about ten times yesterday.

Kill -> move away a bit -> meditate -> kill

Nope.

Rested till 6pm, then midnight, then 2am:

No more Basilisk. I finished this quest like 3 weeks ago.

edit: this is in 1.08. Was the same in 1.07 (for me)

Attachments

• morning.jpg
    morning.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 2am.jpg
    2am.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Nope.

Rested till 6pm, then midnight, then 2am:

No more Basilisk. I finished this quest like 3 weeks ago.

edit: this is in 1.08. Was the same in 1.07 (for me)

not the basilisk i'm talking about (yours is related to a minor quest).
mine is next to the tree where you fight Imlerith and not related to any quest.

Level 32 Basilisk Northwest from Burned Bastion - also good money source, sell basilisk hide

not the basilisk i'm talking about (yours is related to a minor quest).
mine is next to the tree where you fight Imlerith and not related to any quest.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..... OK, i'll check it out (didn't realize that one was lvl 32). Thanks.

Also, thnks for the spoiler :{

The question is, why? Just to use that sword so you can 1 hit a Basilisck?

Game gets easier and easier the more lvl you have, since base stats increase and add to skills and armor.

At the moment, there is no reason to grind for lvl.

There is a lvl 48 arch griffin too. I don't remember exactly where but (I'm pretty sure) it was on a small island in Skellige with a quest about collecting religious books for a man wanting to marry a princess or something like that.

There is a lvl 48 arch griffin too. I don't remember exactly where but (I'm pretty sure) it was on a small island in Skellige

That Archgriffin is on a small island north of the main island of Skellige (exact location in the video below), but he will not respawn, at least not that I know of and I tried a lot of different ways. So the lvl 32 Baselisk is the best way to farm for XP until lvl 38.

[video=youtube;LZ-RLeDWFgI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ-RLeDWFgI[/video]

I don't find any fun in this farming xp and searching for high level monsters. That sounds like I've conquered most of this land so now I'm just sticking around casually cutting some drowners down, but the land is supposed to be treacherous even to witchers right? Yeah I do it too when I become desperate for certain items that require high level but in the end, I want to be a monster hunter, not some basilisk eyeball farmer.

Last edited:
Seems like they put in Potions of Clearance because of this very issue...however, I find that at Level 37, it doesn't much matter what your build is because almost everything is gray/white, and super-easy to kill in most cases. That said, I'd still like to see what the Skellige Armor set looks like on our hero, which is impossible for me at the moment because the armor has a Level 41 minimum. But yeah, that archgriffin on that small, unnamed Skellige island is a b!+ch...took me down in 3-4 hits, while I barely lopped a feather off his @$$. I was just discovering the undiscovered, had no idea he was guarding a book for that "religion is BS" quest. Thanks, darshu1337.

Last edited:
Top Bottom