How many hours or length of TW3?

+
How many hours or length of TW3?

Now that the game is going open-world i will be assuming that i could basically now TRULY immerse myself to the Witcher world and fantasy (with the great addition of improvised technology and visuals). I'm wondering how many hours (in terms of content not traveling) can i expect from TW3?

There is one gripe i have in TW2.. i remembered it's very SHORT. Earlier before Tomasz Gop left CDPR (guess nobody remembers him anymore?) He mentioned TW2 will span 40hours. Honestly i finished the game in around 20hours.

Some like short games but i for one would like to spend alot of time in games (games that i love). I would wished that TW3 gameplay length for 1-single playthrough to be close to 100hours at least? (since it's the closure of the trilogy). Even they can't meet that or even IF it's 50 hours i would hope that EVERY moment, encounters, combat, quests, monster hunting, consequences will be meaningful and interesting (not cookie cutter repeating same xx contracts for like 30times).

- Over 100 hours of hand-scripted quests

http://gamingeverything.com/39177/witcher-3-confirmed-is-next-gen-featured-in-game-informer/

I just read that list for the first time- I am giddy with anticipation. Forget everything, I am doing nothing but counting seconds till 2014 :)

It's hard to estimate hours of gameplay since different people approach games differently. In computer RPG's, I usually take a long time just exploring, and reading every book, every part of the journal, every line of dialogue, etc. Some people like to rush through games, which in my opinion is a waste.

That said, I usually finish TW2 in around 35 hours, so Gop was about right in my case. Honestly, 20 hours seems too rushed even for TW2, are you sure you did everything you could? Keep in mind TW2 has an amazing replay value. I've played around 6 full times, for a total of around 200 hours. And yes, I've done different things every time.

Volsung said:
It's hard to estimate hours of gameplay since different people approach games differently. In computer RPG's, I usually take a long time just exploring, and reading every book, every part of the journal, every line of dialogue, etc. Some people like to rush through games, which in my opinion is a waste.

That said, I usually finish TW2 in around 35 hours, so Gop was about right in my case. Honestly, 20 hours seems too rushed even for TW2, are you sure you did everything you could? Keep in mind TW2 has an amazing replay value. I've played around 6 full times, for a total of around 200 hours. And yes, I've done different things every time.

You have to play at least two times to see the two different Act 2. And there are other quests in the various acts that you can handle differently.

100+ hours, and also I'm expecting better armor crafting. I really hope that enhancements will greatly "enhance" armor aesthetics.

I agree with Volsung. A solid playthrough of Witcher 2 is 30+ hours. Otherwise you're just barreling through, and that defeats the purpose. So 100 hours of quests for TW3 - let's be conservative and say it's actually just 75 or so - is still incredible and impressive. And don't forget - TW2 was somewhat fun to explore, but the woods and areas didn't lend themselves too well to that purpose. You know how many f***ing hours I'm going to spend just zipping around in a sailboat, or wandering off the beaten path? Full open world will make this be quite potentially a Skyrim length experience (I stopped playing Skyrim after beating essentially every quest and hitting level 70, took about 180 hours).

SnakeSHN said:
Main story around 40 to 50 Hours

And side quests around 50 to 60 Hours

just waiting for 2014 release of TW3 Wild Hunt
fingers crossed...quite excited actually

If a world is bigger that Skyrim I expect spending 500 hours to explore everything. I also doubt I will be able to replay this differently

Queenslayer said:
Heh, that 100 hand written quests really sounds intriguing. Hopefully they live up to the hype.

That is what i'm worried about. Probably many don't remember the video about CDPR promoting TW2 about PC exclusive and how TW2 is a true PC game. They even show you how 'efficient' in playing the game with keyboard and mouse. Later just to find out about the skill slowdown menu and it was designed with 'console' and controller in consideration.

To everyone. I did replayed TW2 the second time and it's much more rewarding on Iorwerth path and probably that accumulated the 40hours? Anyway what had passed is history. I really like to remind CDPR for not over-hyping and delivering empty promises. Else they will end up with a huge backlash.

Back on topic, i agreed with someone saying.. 100 hours is perhaps a little too lengthy (although i really like it 100 hours) especially if it's filled with boring, cookie-cutter or random generated content.

I'd honestly be happy if it's just 60-75hours if the game is truly epic.

Ps. I knew and i've read most CDPR TW3 released marketing material. *Over 100 hours of hand crafted quests* and a long list of amazing and jaw-dropping features. Really 100 hours of 'quality', interesting hand crafted quests? At of date i haven't seen one game that has THAT many quests that could interest me. And to be honest, i don't really like Skyrim much. It's filled with alot of uninteresting quests. But if it has to be open-world, i guess this is the path TW3 is heading.

I really don't give a shit about how long the game is. Only thing I demand is that the game is good. I want to buy a quality product. Quality, not quantity. If the game turns out to be 20 hours, that's fine. If it ends up being 200 hours, that's fantastic as well. All I care about is that it's good.

Honestly? In these times, when i look two books that i want to buy, i choose the one which has more pages in the same price. How they say it? "Time is money."

FoggyFishburne said:
I really don't give a shit about how long the game is. Only thing I demand is that the game is good. I want to buy a quality product. Quality, not quantity. If the game turns out to be 20 hours, that's fine. If it ends up being 200 hours, that's fantastic as well. All I care about is that it's good.

Dont forget quality is often directly related to quantity, because for example, for variety you absolutely need quantity.

I always find this question hard to answer because it depends on the gamer. I personally probably finish RPGs slower than most because I usually play the hardest difficulty and I take my time exploring. Some games could be run through the main quest ion 30-40 hours, but in reality take over 100 to play. My guess is that this will be a 200 hour game for me while it may be 50 for someone who is playing for storyline only.

Volsung said:
Honestly, 20 hours seems too rushed even for TW2, are you sure you did everything you could?

I completed it in 22 hours with the best gear, every side quest completed on Insane.

CostinMoroianu said:
I completed it in 22 hours with the best gear, every side quest completed on Insane.

There is no way this could be done unless you knew exactly everything to do and skipped through all conversation lines as quickly as possible. I think total amount of gameplay time should be based on the average person's first run. Not on second, third, and fourth run throughs.

Top Bottom