How to fix EE install error (Look here)

+
Still doesn't work for me.
- Uninstalled the game and deleted pre loaded patch
- Did fresh install, used CD project downloader that should fix this (this downloader http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/191)
- the downloader did download "TW2EE_Patch-2.bin" but it doesn't help

Still getting the same error.

- Yes, I tried to get the files manually, again - nothing helps.
- Yes, disabled antivirus and firewall

UncleMati said:
Still doesn't work for me.
- Uninstalled the game and deleted pre loaded patch
- Did fresh install, used CD project downloader that should fix this (this downloader http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/191)
- the downloader did download "TW2EE_Patch-2.bin" but it doesn't help

Still getting the same error.

- Yes, I tried to get the files manually, again - nothing helps.
- Yes, disabled antivirus and firewall
Since you already discarded the pre-downloaded data, I can only suggest you register at GoG.com for the free digital version of the game and download that.

Duskey said:
Since you already discarded the pre-downloaded data, I can only suggest you register at GoG.com for the free digital version of the game and download that.

Right now I don't have a GOG account and I'm not sure I plan to register there just to get another copy of the game I already have.

There is no way to install and patch my game without downloading from GOG?

UncleMati said:
Right now I don't have a GOG account and I'm not sure I plan to register there just to get another copy of the game I already have.

There is no way to install and patch my game without downloading from GOG?
I'm sure there is. Try checking out the tech support forum.

amputate said:
comfirmed, working now :)
Not worked after Downloading Part 1 and 2. Same Error at ... Dammend I don#t want to download the full Patch again..(
I will try download Part 2 again...

Update: I have downloadesed Part 1, 2, 3 three times, but no success - I think I will DL all once again - I#m very disapointed!!

Prometheus34572 said:
A. Download Part 2 from the link i posted
B. After downloading, find your preload folder and just drop the Part 2 file in there. If it asks if you want to replace/override anything, say yes to all (This is because we want to replace the corrupted Part 2 file in the preload folder with the downloaded one that is not corrupted).

*If you dont know the location of the preload folder and you didn't choose a different location for the download, then by default the preload folder should be in your operating system partition, which is almost all the time called Drive C:\. So your preload folder should be in C:\Downloads. If you have difficulties navigating in a computer and cannot find C:\, just pretty much do Start - Computer - Local Disk (C:) - Downloads, and you're there.

C. After successfully replacing the corrupted Part 2 file with the non corrupted one you downloaded, run TW2EE_Patch to install the patch (this is the installer executable).

Should be all good after that. Good luck
thank you and i'll give it a shot

Prometheus34572 said:
http://en.thewitcher.com/ee_manual/

Download Part 2 , then paste it in your EE patch download folder replacing the old corrupted one. After doing that run TW2EE_Patch (installer. Which is located in the same folder) and it should patch the game fine without any errors.

EDIT:
For filesize, just incase someone wants to know
Part 2 - 286mb

EDIT 1:
Some people say its only Part 2 that is corrupted and needs to be replaced, can someone confirm this so i can edit this and advice people to only download Part 2, thx.

EDIT 2:
Its now confirmed, you only need to download and replace Part 2 for the patch to install properly. Thanks to the people who confirmed it, "SkelterMelter" and "Hardtarget".
ok that fixed it now i'm having problems starting the game and error came up(0xc0000142)i looked at the support and saids what could cause it but none of those are the anwser. it tells me that Microsoft visual c++ 2010 x86 Redistributable setup won't work on my machine, doesn't meet the requirements. what do i do

maylum said:
I tried updating the game through the launcher. All of the folders that are referenced in this post do not exist for me. I've downloaded the parts of the update that need to be replaced, but have nowhere to paste them. Am I to understand I have to re-download this massive patch manually now? I have no folder to put these two bin files into. My Witcher 2 folder has 3 folders inside it; bin, CookedPc, and Launcher. CookedPC is where the pack0.dzip file is, and it's 11 gigs. Pasting the two bin files into the CookedPC folder does nothing. As it does by putting them into the bin folder. Same error everytime. Can I get some info on this? It seems this thread is for people who downloaded the patch manually and didn't use the update through the launcher which crammed everything into one massive file that refuses to work.

Still nothing for people who used the updater?

LicaonKter said:
edited the OP with the MD5 info

If you mean "original post" with OP (always those abbrevs. ;)) then thank you for the very useful link.

I downloaded "Patch 1" twice with the identical result of a wrong size and MD5 (298480384 bytes = 512 too short, MD5=76115be435fc8e33997c6472ea729678 *TW2EE_Patch-1.bin) so that might be the "culprit" for some here.

For me the Downloader did the right job here on 17th 20:30 CET (another abbreviation :p) but I haven't installed it yet.

Cheers
Dany

eh, forum slang ;)

regarding the MD5s looks like CDP is changing the files everyday so... I might have downloaded 14GB for nothing as my MD5s might become wrong at their will :(

After using - without success - the automatic downoader/installer, I tried to download all the single files manually. Yet, I still have problems while the installer tries to extract "pack0.dzip". Any suggestion? Thanks. :)

I just installed the patch "successfully" (I had to free 7GB on my SSD first) but no no avail. :(

The game loads, I can see the codeproject screen and then all goes black with ~1570 FPS in windowed mode (60 in fullscreen of course) with music playing and nothing but the mouse cursor to be seen.

Doh!

Very frustrated and just about to give up on the game for good. I bought the EE for my PC yesterday & of course it immediately started downloading 10 Gig (!!!) of patches, which failed on the infamous pack0.dzip. After searching online I found this forum & manually downloaded Patch-2.bin to no avail. Then I tried updating the .exe plus Patch-1.bin. Also no help. Then spent about 4 hours re-downloading all the files, and I still fail with the same exact error.

Note that I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 - people on other boards have commented that the 'only d/l Patch-2' does not work for that version of the OS.

Because the pack0.dzip still fails, I can't even start the game without the patch - nothing happens when you click on 'Start the Witcher 2'.

Guess I'll need to argue with Amazon now to get my money back...

geraltditeramo said:
After using - without success - the automatic downoader/installer, I tried to download all the single files manually. Yet, I still have problems while the installer tries to extract "pack0.dzip". Any suggestion? Thanks. :)
checked the files: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29103-md5-and-sha1-checksums-for-tw2ee/page__p__806049#entry806049 yet ?

geraltditeramo said:
Very frustrated and just about to give up on the game for good. I bought the EE for my PC yesterday & of course it immediately started downloading 10 Gig (!!!) of patches, which failed on the infamous pack0.dzip. After searching online I found this forum & manually downloaded Patch-2.bin to no avail. Then I tried updating the .exe plus Patch-1.bin. Also no help. Then spent about 4 hours re-downloading all the files, and I still fail with the same exact error.
checked the files: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29103-md5-and-sha1-checksums-for-tw2ee/page__p__806049#entry806049 yet ?

diogenes00 said:

Note that I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 - people on other boards have commented that the 'only d/l Patch-2' does not work for that version of the OS.

Because the pack0.dzip still fails, I can't even start the game without the patch - nothing happens when you click on 'Start the Witcher 2'.

Guess I'll need to argue with Amazon now to get my money back...

good god, no one listens, enter you CD key on gog.com and download the whole game there if your got this problem with the game, plus you always got a web digital back up FREE, it costs nothing, so spending 4 hours downloading and doing all this to no avail and getting frustrated, when we said you could do it via gog.com and now you want to argue with amazon about refunds?

I had trouble with the patch (but I downloaded pt 1&2 and resolved it) but I just entered my CD key on gog.com anyway to see what it was about, then I saw it had exra content in digital form of the DARK Edition so from the gog installer, 4MB download, enter yourt CD key where it says 'redeem your back up copy of the witcher 2', download game files of 15 GB and extra content of 2.8GB and install with gog installer and it is done in as fast as your IC is:)

Why the resistence to gog.com I dunno.....its easy....:) And a back up copy (digitally)on the web for you for any PC:)

So what should I do if I re-downloaded both part 1 and 2 and i'm still getting the error (pack0.dzip corrupted)?

LicaonKter said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand. What I have to do with this program? Could you be so gentle (and patient) to explain me - with simple steps - the procedure? Thanks.

Oh, yeah, because my first reaction on a brand-new CD failing install is to go to a random website I've never heard of...would've been good if someone had opened with 'gog.com is actually a legitimate site owned by the developers'. But no, I had to search & find that out for myself.

skidpro said:
good god, no one listens, enter you CD key on gog.com and download the whole game there if your got this problem with the game, plus you always got a web digital back up FREE, it costs nothing, so spending 4 hours downloading and doing all this to no avail and getting frustrated, when we said you could do it via gog.com and now you want to argue with amazon about refunds?

I had trouble with the patch (but I downloaded pt 1&2 and resolved it) but I just entered my CD key on gog.com anyway to see what it was about, then I saw it had exra content in digital form of the DARK Edition so from the gog installer, 4MB download, enter yourt CD key where it says 'redeem your back up copy of the witcher 2', download game files of 15 GB and extra content of 2.8GB and install with gog installer and it is done in as fast as your IC is:)

Why the resistence to gog.com I dunno.....its easy....:) And a back up copy (digitally)on the web for you for any PC:)

Top Bottom