HUD Question: Witcher Medallion

+
HUD Question: Witcher Medallion

Hi everyone. Noob question: What's the use of the witcher medallion in the HUD? Sometimes I can see it doing some sort of a beating (grows then shrinks), but I'm not sure what it implies.

Thanks for all your answers.

EDIT: I may have placed this in the wrong subforums, but there is appearances and interfaces thread in this subforum. Feel free to move this though. :3

Last edited:
In the first witcher game the medallion was a 3D model that vibrated if magic or monster were nearby. It vibrated harder if said magic or monsters were in closer proximity.

In the second game the medallion turned 2D and if magic (mainly places of power) or on some occasions monster were nearby, it made a sound and the eyes started glowing yellow.

In the witcher 3 the medallion beats irregularly and doesn't make a sound. I don't know why they decided for the medallion to work like that, but I too was pretty disappointed. I wish they would have made a 3D model like the first witcher game (It should at least be possible if they did back in 2007).

So no the witcher 3 medallion doesn't really work in a gameplay sense.

It also kinda bothered me that in the beginning of White Orchard Geralt and Vesemir say that they hear and smell the ghouls coming. But they don't mention their medallions in any way.

I'm on PC ;) So keyboard and mouse for me. I didn't know about the vibrating controllers, that does sound really cool.

I check the medallion icon everytime Geralt says... "Medallion's humming...", "That stench...", etc etc.
I wish it was more useful though.

I'm on PC ;) So keyboard and mouse for me. I didn't know about the vibrating controllers, that does sound really cool.

Yeah, it's pretty cool :) Every time controller vibrates with no actual reason, I check witcher senses and find something interesting, like one well hidden quest in Novigrad. I couldn't never found that without vibrating controller.

Yeah, it's pretty cool :) Every time controller vibrates with no actual reason, I check witcher senses and find something interesting, like one well hidden quest in Novigrad. I couldn't never found that without vibrating controller.

Hidden quest? :areukiddingme:

Top Bottom