I cant get the game to load

+
I cant get the game to load

I just bought this game 2 hrs ago, and i installed it and the patch, also i installed the hotfix since i am on a 32-bit system, i have 1024 mb ram amd 64x2 3800 nvida geforce 6150 LE i really dunno what to do im lost lmao, can anyone try to help me play this game , it cost me 50 bucks lol, The game works fine until i select if i want to use mouse , or mouse/keyboard and i advance to a loading screen, it loads fine but the secondloading screen, there is music playing and the mouse pointer becomes a hand, and it loads for a lil while then mouse pointer disapears, screen stays the same andthe music keeps repeating, i cant advance from that one dang screen, no error messages jus a loading screen

ok thanks for the help but i still havent had any luck i tried all things in the order that i read them, i didnt recieve any eroor messages still doing the same thing, music loops and loading screen stays on

The 6150 isn't a video card. It isn't within a mile of the minimum real card's performance. http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=6990.0

The average desktop PC that is running on its onboard Nforce video chip has an empty video card expansion slot inside, waiting for an upgrade to a real video card. The same situation does not apply for a laptop.

ok now when i try and click the launcher a little window pops up with the letters BGK whats up with that , this happend after i followed step 3

Helpmeplz said:
ok so i need to upgrade, what should i upgrade to? and how easy is it to install?
Go here. Read it thoroughly. Get a printout, and do what it says.http://www.gamespot.com/features/6142716/index.htmlIf that one isn't specific enough, there are thousands more of similar nature, in literally dozens of languages, and Google or any competent search engine can find them. (P.S. - in edit - laptop PCs are not equally flexible about video upgrades.)

Thanks kiwi, hopefully that will solve the problem, i wont know untill i imstall it, which should be a few hours from now, but thanks for the help so far

yeah i was just about to buy one but i dunno wtf to get , i called walmart lol the only thing they have is a visiontek radeon 1300, i really dont want to spend alot of money on one, i just want something suitable, so where should i start, im lost, i have no clue what the difference is except for the price

To make it short, you need to look for something that has at least a 6 (bare minimum has the second number) 8 or 9 are even better.So, bad to good, X1200, X1300, (wont play games) X1600 X1800 X1900 (will play games) But this is only has an example it is the same naming policy for nvidia, so 7800 is better then 8300 got it ? And, it needs at least 128 (again bare minimum) of Video memory, 256 is a good choice, 512 is better !

Just make sure that the amount of video ram is the last thing you look at. More memory does not equal better unless everyother factor is considered first.So for example a 256mb 7600GT is a far better card than a 512mb 7600GS. And when it comes to cards remember that a real cheap card equals real cheap performance. You get what you pay for.

Well thanks for the help guys, but unfortunatley i am not going to be able to enjoy this game unless i buy a new PC, I have an itergrated video card and there is no slot for me to upgrade, and even if there was a slot the power supply is only 108w :( just sucks that i wasted 50 bucks, ill pay attention to the fine print nextime, again thanks for the help

The extremely odd amount of the power supply output, and the lack of a video slot both point to a laptop. Fewer than 50 out of ten thousand laptops sold have any video upgrade option.

Top Bottom