I LOVE IT vs I HATE IT

+
Я очень люблю Ведьмака! Сначала прочитала все книги, потм посмотрела сериал, вот теперь наполовину прошла игрушку!

I anticipated the Witcher before it came out and I really dreamt about it. My friend bought it on release and he was keep talking about it. I borrowed his game after a month later when I also bought a new computer. Yet, the game was so buggy that I was crashing every 10 mins, I lost patience and quit before even completing the first bit where we are in Kaer Morhen. Now, 2 days ago I bought the collector's edition from a special clearence (unfortunately :( ) because I saw the Enhanced Edition trailer on GT website. I realised the dedication and I saw a bright future. Yet, at high settings I had the same problem again...I tried to endure but every 5-10 mins, either while zoning or saving, I would crash. But by this time I really got into the story. I realised how good the game was. So, I reduced graphics setting to medium-high levels (unfortunately high res textures crash :( ), now everything's quite smooth. I really do love this game.Geralt is amazing. I love his voice also. Overall, the attention to detail and immersion is amazing too. The art direction is superb, one of the best in any game. Often my jaw dropped looking in the scenery and the sun set and the environment. I also absolutely love the painting style cutscnes about important events or about our choices...such a brilliant idea. I can't beleiev such graphics can be squeezed out 4year old Aurora engine! I could sit down and praise the game until the morning...it is almost perfect...but of course the technical issues and long saving and loading times set it back alot too(though once I started running it at med-hi, my system handled those times very good). So, I would like to thank the devs for what they have produced. It is really phnomenal work. As a game maker aspired person, I truely admire your work. It is a piece of art.Please, please make the Witcher 2 or some other RPG, because you guys definitly got it. (I would highly prefer an action oriented, Witcher style mature MMO game with story emphasis from you guys ;))Raven

Nice to see that after so many technical struggle you like the game. I understand you very well in these crash cases because I suffer(ed) from the same prob.
Я очень люблю Ведьмака! Сначала прочитала все книги, потм посмотрела сериал, вот теперь наполовину прошла игрушку!
The translator machine says:
I like Vedmaka! First, read any book potm looked series, now has half a toy!
... which doesn't make much sense to me eitther. Криана, it would be great if you talk to us in English once again ;)

Well I finished after over 100hrs of gaming ( I had to restart again after seriously stuffing up act 2) as a newb to this game, I was very impressed and left wanting more, I chose the Elven path.I made choices leaving a few monsters and beasts alive and not falling in love with either option ;) i have to say the story was compelling and had an affect on how I played and the outcome I got.I was surprised at the twists and sub plots it all kept me guessing to the end. :) The wiki was very helpful I use it enough to give me hints but not to give away the plot.Act 4 was the one that got to me it had the biggest effect on me with the mood of the game and act 4 was very haunting and beautiful and just a huge realisation in consequences, it all went by to fast, the epilouge was awesome and devistating like act 5.The Price of Neutrality, well that just bought the whole game home and Witcher story full crcle, and learning how Eskell got his scare made a huge impact on how I will play the Witcher next time.

Holly Fuck!!! That had to be the best game I have ever played! I just beat it the first time. I have to go back and play a second time, this time I am gonna take my time and choose another road. I hope to see more from this company in the future.

I'm russian, so translation is: I love the Witcher! First of all I read all books about Geralt, then I watched the Witcher serial, now I'm playing the Witcher game!As for me I also read all 7 books and complete the game. ;D But I don't like the serial. I think it could be much better. :wall:

SNGOutcast said:
I'm russian, so translation is: I love the Witcher! First of all I read all books about Geralt, then I watched the Witcher serial, now I'm playing the Witcher game!As for me I also read all 7 books and complete the game. ;D But I don't like the serial. I think it could be much better. :wall:
They have a 'Witcher' breakfast cereal? That's pretty cool! :D

If I had to create a thread about improvements etc, would it be locked? I'm playing the game and taking note of things that could be done better (for the sake of having another awesome even better game :)) and when I finish the game I'd like to share my thoughts with other Witcher fans. Warning, it could be very long though, a very long post :D

xuerebx said:
If I had to create a thread about improvements etc, would it be locked? I'm playing the game and taking note of things that could be done better (for the sake of having another awesome even better game :)) and when I finish the game I'd like to share my thoughts with other Witcher fans. Warning, it could be very long though, a very long post :D
As to being locked I don't think there nothing wrong with that as long as it constructive criticism ;)Just Take note when the EE comes out somethings mite have been change already ;)

Yep and it will definitely be constructive, just some points which I think would make this awesome game, even more awesome (awesome-er? :D)

Love it, but combat is a huge pile if disappointment.click once. twice. three times. ok again.SO many good combat engines out there to choose from... anything from tekken to jedi-knight-2 style combat would work fantastically and beautifully and most importantly make the game a fun game rather than a movie you push a character through

I love itIt's the first time (and probably last time) that I register on a forum Just to say something like thatPlaying this game you can really feel the story unfold.. and there is so much detail. I can't speak English very well, and that's the reason I can't express every single reason why this is probably one of the best games, books, or any kind of ludic experience, I have ever played.Waiting for a sequel.Best Wishes

Well, it's 3:10am in the morning, and I've just completed The Witcher. I couldn't go to bed without saying what I feel about this game.And yes you've guessed, I feel awesome. Few games have given me that pleasure feeling after completing the game. The story is what makes us play this game further, wanting to know more. There is one quote in this game which I shall not forget. It's perfect, and brilliant."That one is for monsters"Epic, just epic. Those who have played the game know what I'm talking about (but you shouldn't be reading this thread as I wrote in the title ;))Thank you, CD Project Red. Be sure to know I *shall* buy the games you make as long as they're on the same class as this game, or better. I love supporting the smaller firms, and CDPR is no exception :)I had written what I think should be improved, but despite those, The Witcher is on my top ten list of all time, and I've been gaming for more than a decade now. Here's the list I spoke about:
This isn't my finished list, as I'm trying to find out the flaws and cons so the next Witcher game will be even better than this one! :)-More animations-Regarding everything; combat, environments, dialogue (especially dialogue).-More dialogue and dialogue interactions-When speaking to someone, the other character should make some hand gestures, and move about realistically, instead of just moving his arms in a weird way.-Different characters-This is being fixed in the Enhanced Edition, but none the less we should include this point too. Other people in the world should look differently; clothes, character models (fat, slim, different builds), hair, face etc-Environment interaction-Especially during combat, imagine fighting in a closed area and Geralt jumps off a wall, or uses the wall for an advantage!-Friendlier inventory-This too is being fixed in the EE, but I'll mention it anyway!-Bigger world, a little bit more open ended-Make the world bigger, with more content in, and at the same time, make it a bit more open ended. We could enter more houses, speak to more people, even if just for the fun of it, no quests involved.-More variations of weapons and armour-It would be more realistic, and fun, to have more variations of armours and weapons (especially silver swords ;))-Remove environment restrictions-For example, there was path in the swamps where I could walk through it to get to another side, but there was an invisible wall which did not let me go through, so I had to take a much longer path. Either remove these invisible walls, or use an object to block the path, for more realism.-More skills and magic-Well can't really elaborate here, it's up to CDPR to include what they see fit for this, but the more skills and magic options, the better!-Side quests-Make side quests less tedious/slow, some of them just made me frustrated, and I felt they were a chore. Most side quests (in most games) are "Fetch this" or "kill this". Try and include some variations. Make the Contracts more fun too, I really don't know how right now, but make them more interesting rather than "Get 12 ghoul blood".-Technical issues-Well it's their first game so hopefully they learned a lot about this. Basically LOADING TIMES, argh they make my head explode, even if they're much shorter, especially with the autosaves always on! (Good thing the EE will have an option to remove autosaves). Entering a house should only really take 4 seconds of loading, bigger houses in Oblivion took less time to load, and games like Mass Effect have shorter loading times!-Managing Save files-Different modules and different runthroughs should be saved in different locations, kind of like in Mass Effect. Having a 'profile' to deal with this. Thanks to Nimue for reminding me about this.-Audio/Music/speech-The music is great, so I believe CDPR will deliver great music in the next game too. But audio and speech needs to be fixed, in the begining of the game it felt quite a bit amateurish (then it got better). EE has over 5000 lines of fixed dialogue, so that's good news :) But we're speaking of a sequel now, so hopefully there won't be a need for a EE for the next sequel :D (In the sense that there won't be any audio issues like this from the start!).-Realism-Sometimes I think that some of the stuff should have been a tad bit more realistic. Like when you kill the last human in the game (not mentioning who not to spoil anything, but you know who I'm talking about), and a cut scene shows him dead, just after you've killed him, he's got no wounds in his chest, no pierced armour from the sword you've just stabbed in his chest. Stuff like this should be fixed, to add to the realism.Well this is all that I can think of. Even with these problems, The Witcher is an awesome game. Well done CD Project Red :)Hopefully a Developer from CDPR views this thread occasionally, maybe he can see my post :-[ :)
Anyway, I just couldn't not have made this thread. Sorry if it's been done again and again.And with this last line, I go to bed. Goodnight all.

Top Bottom