I realized another reason why TW2 is superior to TW3

+
a little detail: in tw2 geralt has to find the man who killed the king, but he has all the time in the world to do it, beacuse the king can't be killed again, so there is no pressure like in tw3, "find ciri before the wild hunt does" and in the third part of the game there are mostly only main quests because of that urgence that the wild hunt will find ciri at any moment,
i know all this feedback means nothing, because they will not make the game again nor an enhanced edition, so, i hope all this is useful for the next expansion

No one is forcing you to follow main storyline all the time... which is actually completely opposite to the things that CDP were saying before release of the game btw. Anyway, I don't see it as one of the cons in fact, when you have too much time to do something you usually won't do it at all. (look Faillout 4)

This is why I'm excited for their upcoming projects, like Cyberpunk.

Well, there isn't much of the source material there besides rule books so I hope for some good storyline from CDP... What they need though is to make their own brand new IP. There was talk about it for years now but they still keep themselves locked with adaptations sadly.

watering down some aspects in order to approach a larger audience.

Did I just heard..... downgrade?.... nah I had to imagine it. :smile:

Last edited:
People keep blaming the size of the open world but I just don't see that as being the problem. There is nothing to suggest a great RPG story is incompatible with an open world. Rather, for me, the problem with The Witcher 3 is unlike the previous two titles, it tried to be too many things for too many people .

Totally agree with the first part. It's reasonable to think on a RPG with a good story and a open world but I disagree with the last thing you said. IMO, the game didn't try to be many things for too many people. On the contrary it tried to be one specific thing for one specific type of players

This

Especially when everyone was expecting the conclusion of TW2's story

You were?
They made it pretty clear in all of the lead-up before the game came out that it would be a stand-alone story, not a continuation of TW2. I'm sorry you felt disappointed about it not being what you expected, but I don't think you can speak for "everyone".

And I think this thread needs to get back on topic. @sam2306, @Holgar82, @ilayoeli - please don't continue to go into threads to soapbox or make unrelated complaints about the game.

Last edited:
Totally agree with the first part. It's reasonable to think on a RPG with a good story and a open world but I disagree with the last thing you said. IMO, the game didn't try to be many things for too many people. On the contrary it tried to be one specific thing for one specific type of players

Which was?

This

Especially when everyone was expecting the conclusion of TW2's story

I wasn't... I thought that TW2 storyline was more or less done. They might have some rescue mission on the beginning since Yen was in Nilfgaard but besides that TW2 plot points were done (not with Letho if you let him live thought)... Dropping Scoia'tael plotline all together was a mistake sure, but I don't know what could be done more with it. ( I have some ideas but I'm not a writer) Let's be fair Geralt saving Yen in Vizima would be ridiculous... and if someone thought that Geralt will take part in battles on either side... well, I would tell you that your out of your minds.

but I disagree with the last thing you said. IMO, the game didn't try to be many things for too many people. On the contrary it tried to be one specific thing for one specific type of players

And that's bad? Sorry but when you want to have something for everyone then you end up with Skyrim/Failout 4. Lot of things to do... not much griping storyline behind it. And if you think Skyrim storyline (even main) is griping then let me laugh in your face :).

What might be bad is that they sometimes wanted to open it up a little bit to other players and they end up messing up some things doing so.

And that's bad? Sorry but when you want to have something for everyone then you end up with Skyrim/Failout 4. Lot of things to do... not much griping storyline behind it. And if you think Skyrim storyline (even main) is griping then let me laugh in your face :).

What might be bad is that they sometimes wanted to open it up a little bit to other players and they end up messing up some things doing so.

I do not think that the quality of Skyrim's story is better than the one of TW3. Honestly, what I think is that they have exactly the same quality: bad. TW3 lacks of every aspect which made TW2 especial. Some of them have been mentioned in this thread. And not just because they vanished the scoia'tel. Let me be more especific: even Loredo is a more complicated character than Eredin.

I do not think that the quality of Skyrim's story is better than the one of TW3. Honestly, what I think is that they have exactly the same quality: bad

Haahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Good one.

TW3 lacks of every aspect which made TW2 especial. Some of them have been mentioned in this thread. And not just because they vanished the scoia'tel. Let me be more especific: even Loredo is a more complicated character than Eredin.

Okay enlighten me then, what exactly is lacking here (besides old argument about Eredin which was talked about milion times. :yawn: )

Last edited:
okay enlighten me then, what exactly is lacking here (besides old argument about Eredin which was talked about milion times. :yawn: )

No gore, no though decisions, simple characters, flat main villain, not so good combat, simple politics, huge world but sometimes really empty and the game itself it's really easy. It reminds me of Skyrim >:D

Let me be more especific: even Loredo is a more complicated character than Eredin.

And the Radovid/Emhyr contraposition is basically the stormcloack and the empire. Nah, not really but, lol. I agree, the story of this game is too linear and simple.
It's done way better than skyrim for sure, but... man, too simple.

Psst... you can disable them.

No gore, no though decisions, simple characters, flat main villain, not so good combat, simple politics, huge world but something really empty and the game itself it's really easy. It reminds me of Skyrim

Uuuu we need gore and guts covering each and every stone and tree because otherwise game is boring...

Name ten simple characters connected to main storyline besides Wild Hunt riders.... I won't even start talking about them by the way. For me combat system is great, politics don't interest me and shouldn't interest you since everybody in it lies anyway. I don't have problem with finding new things in TW3 world.

It reminds me of Gothic and I take comparison to Skyrim as an insult.

Haahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Good one.

okay enlighten me then, what exactly is lacking here (besides old argument about Eredin which was talked about milion times. :yawn: )

1. Almost every important character was complicated. Depending on the situation they could be bad or good. Or simply grey
2. The political aspect of the game were balanced with the other parts of the game. Also, it was complicated and interesting. You need to read and pay attention carefully to understand the whole plot and complete the game.
3. The racial issue was a big part of the game. This is important because it's also important in the books.
4. Your decisions during the game mattered. Just to choose between Roche or Iorveth changed the rest of the game. In TW3 you can take decisions but you don't see the outcome
5. Your decisions were tough. You always lost something. They only similar decision in TW3 is the one you have to take in Reasons of State and the writting in that quest is the worst of the game
6 One of the most important things: CONSISTENCY. Once you met the character and you get an idea of how are their ways of thinking, they don't suddenly change and begin to behave like a totally different character (Examples: Roche, or Dijkstra, or Emhyr)
6. Sex scenes were better, which in my opinion improves the inmersion. In TW3 is like Geralt was fucking with dollies
7. Triss was an interesting woman. Clever. In TW3 is like a beatiful dolly who wants to save everyone. Just that. They put everything on Yennefer
8. They care about details. In TW3, there are things whichs seems rushed. For example, why the mages needs saving when the could create portals in order to escape? Even if just a few mages can do it, Triss definetly can. An the entire Novigrad's plot blows with that argument
9. Every character which was introduced was developed until the end. Not like the bosses of Novigrad's underworld
10. The factions in the game acted like in the books. Nilfgaard was the enemie and the Northern Kingdoms were far from the best land in the world but, in the end, the best choice. In TW3 it's seems like the North is bad and Nilfgaard the true civlization
11. The characters which were portrayed from the books were exactly the same. Same way of thinking and behave. In TW3 you can see Ciri as a totally white character. The good one. When she wasn't that way in the game

And probably more reasons will come to my mind soon but I think I've resumed pretty well the reasons. Also, I would like to ask you some respect. I think that I've been polite when I've answered to you and I don't need to laugh in the face of anyone

Last edited:
Uuuu we need gore and guts covering each and every stone and tree because otherwise game is boring...
It's not boring (otherwise i'd not be playing it for the 4th time) but yeah.. the all "BRUTAL,MATURE GRITTY WORLD OF THE WITCCCCHER" doesn't seem like the one portrayed in tw3.

Name ten simple characters connected to main storyline besides Wild Hunt riders....
Main Storyline right?
Ciri, Whoreson Junior, Menge, Clever, King of Beggars, Crach, Hjamlar, Cerys, Fringilla, Margarita, Triss and Yen being a Saint and a Biatch, Corinne Tilly, Priscilla and... Voorhis why not. (Even Emhyr is very simple, we don't see him that much in the game)

For me combat system is great
I'm happy for you, for me tho it lacks impact when Geralt strikes blows and the animations themselves are too similar and repetitive. We can't even interrupt the attack animations, only a few of them and only at the very beginning, and i wonder where those 96 combat animations have gone.
I don't have problem with finding new things in TW3 world.
Good for you, i'm on the 4th playthrough and i've seen everything.

Let's not exaggerate right now.
I wasn't serious, i used the evil face for a reason. This one ----> >:D

1. Almost every important character was complicated. Depending on the situation they could be bad or good. Or simply grey

Not every person is complicated you know, some people are just as simple as they can be. If you want detailed and flushed out 100% of characters then you probably won't read any book in your life, characters in them are so simple sometimes.

2. The political aspect of the game were balanced with the other parts of the game. Also, it was complicated and interesting. You need to read and pay attention carefully to understand the whole plot and complete the game.

No you don't... you can say yolo and live with consequences, either good or bad (mostly bad but that's one of the strengths of the series). As I said before I don't give a damn about politics and I killed Henselt on human storyline every time. I just don't care that much.

3. The racial issue was a big part of the game. This is important because it's also important in the books.

And it's still present in TW3, you just need to look around.

Your decisions during the game mattered. Just to choose between Roche or Iorveth change the rest of the game. In TW3 you can take decisions but you don't see the outcome

BS. If you send off mages from Novigrad to Kovir zealots start to hang dwarfs and elfs. Consequence of your actions, and that just and example.

Your decisions were tough. You always lost something. They only similar decision in TW3 is the one you have to take in Reasons of State and the writting in that quest is the worst of the game

I would like to know what's exactly wrong with that quest but first of...another bs. Good luck making a choice with a tree monster.

Sex scene were better, which in my opinion improves the inmersion. In TW3 is like Geralt was fucking with dollies

Yeah because sex scenes is all that we want from Witcher series.

Triss was an interesting woman. Clever. In TW3 is like a beatiful dolly who wants to save everyone. Just that. They put everything on Yennefer

Which is canon and I now know who's your waifu.

They carde about details. In TW3, there are things whichs seems rushed. For example, why the mages needs saving when the could create portals in order to escape? Even if just a few mages can do it, Triss definetly can. An the entire Novigrad's plot blows with that argument

Fair point but I think there could be an explanation to that.

9. Every character which was introduced was developed until the end. Not like the bosses of Novigrad's underworld

You wanted them to develop more? I didn't really care since they were just a mean for Geralt to get his info.

One of the most important things: CONSISTENCY. Once you know all the character, you get an idea of how are their ways of thinking and they don't suddenly change and begin to behave like a totally different character (Examples: Roche, or Dijkstra, or Emhyr)

Sure, here is a point that I agree with but that still doesn't make it Skyrim level bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom