I realized another reason why TW2 is superior to TW3

+
Good luck making a choice with a tree monster.
And....? Name me another one, base game, no HoS.
And it's still present in TW3, you just need to look around.
Where? You meet 3-4 common elves in the entire game. 7 minutes of gameplay at max.
BS. If you send off mages from Novigrad to Kovir zealots start to hang dwarfs and elfs. Consequence of your actions, and that just and example.
Aw come on. All flostam exploded in rage in TW2 if you side with Iorveth and every villager start killing dwarfs and elves in front of your eyes. The max that you can get in TW3 is unknown burnt corpses already killed offscreen.

Which is canon and I now know who's your waifu.
Ahem.. even if she's his waifu he's right anyway. She was more clever in TW2.

It's not boring (otherwise i'd not be playing it for the 4th time) but yeah.. the all "BRUTAL,MATURE GRITTY WORLD OF THE WITCCCCHER" doesn't seem like the one portrayed in tw3.

Check combat finishers again.

Main Storyline right?
Ciri, Whoreson Junior, Menge, Clever, King of Beggars, Crach, Hjamlar, Cerys, Fringilla, Margarita, Triss and Yen being a Saint and a Biatch, Corinne Tilly, Priscilla and... Voorhis why not. (Even Emhyr is very simple, we don't see him that much in the game)

Ciri, Triss, Yen and Voorhis aren't simple but nice try, you should really tell me first what "simple" means to you.

I'm happy for you, for me tho it lacks impact when Geralt strikes blows and the animations themselves are too similar and repetitive. We can't even interrupt the attack animations, only a few of them and only at the very beginning, and i wonder where those 96 combat animations have gone.

Still better than TW2 combat.

Good for you, i'm on the 4th playthrough and i've seen everything.

Well I'm proud to announce that I'm not a completionist so I always will find something new for myself.

---------- Updated at 07:40 PM ----------

Where? You meet 3-4 common elves in the entire game. 7 minutes of gameplay at max.
Aw come on. All flostam exploded in rage in TW2 if you side with Iorveth and every villager start killing dwarfs and elves in front of your eyes. The max that you can get in TW3 is unknown burnt corpses already killed offscreen.

So your problem guys is open world not storyline itself. You just wanted whole Redania to hang and kill of elves and dwarves left and right every 10 meters didn't you... ohh too bad... that's called genocide not racism

Ahem.. even if she's his waifu he's right anyway. She was more clever in TW2.

Too clever canon wise by the way.

Dudes...Skyrim and Story ? Something is wrong here :huh:
Btw, Skyrim and TW3 aren't really comparable

Except for Skellige, which is basically the same as Skyrim but in islands. Same type of folk, same type of culture. Snow and mountains....

Except for Skellige, which is basically the same as Skyrim but in islands. Same type of folk, same type of culture. Snow and mountains....

hahahahahah I was waiting for that argument... what does it have to do with the STORYLINE?!

Last edited:
Still better than TW2 combat controls and fluidity.
Fixed it for you.
Check combat finishers again.
This is a must mod for me, so i know them pretty well. But i don't understand what they have to do with this. Even in Shadow of mordor you spend 90% of the time slicing orcs, and even in the Skyrim finisher you chop heads. So...?

that's called genocide not racism
And are they not connected most of the time....?
If you talk about racism but you don't let me see it, i say.... meh, lame.
That's the setting, not the story.

Yes, a bit similar.. but , that's all ? And is now every game with this type of culture and folks comparable with Skyrim or witcher 3 ? I think not.

what does it have to do with the storyline

Good question.

hahahahahah I was waiting for that argument... what does it have to do with the STORYLINE?!

Why put an entire place like Skellige? (which reminds the kind of land of one popular videogame from Bethesda) I doesn't fit the entire storyline at all. The only reason to go there it's because of Ciri (that, in terms of plot, could go anywhere, maybe a place more connected to the story or the war like Aedirn or the Eastern front). And that's why it affects storyline

(which reminds the kind of land of one popular videogame from Bethesda)
Skyrim was released 5 years ago, Sapkowksi described the Skellige islands more than 20+ years ago. It has nothing do with it

Why put an entire place like Skellige?The only reason to go there it's because of Ciri
Same for Velen and Novigrad, the Skellige islands have sense like those areas.

I'm happy for you, for me tho it lacks impact when Geralt strikes blows and the animations themselves are too similar and repetitive. We can't even interrupt the attack animations, only a few of them and only at the very beginning, and i wonder where those 96 combat animations have gone.
I don't agree at all on this. When playing W2 sometimes I just can't feel what I am hitting, hitboxes and impact effects with nekkers and drowners in Flotsam forest are veeery far from being perfect. Hadn't replayed it recently I wouldn't even remember it but now I can say W3 combat system is just better than W2's, hitboxes and impact are totally another thing. If you can't interrupt the combat animation at the end of it while you can at the beginning... it's just normal.

Why put an entire place like Skellige? (which reminds the kind of land of one popular videogame from Bethesda) I doesn't fit the entire storyline at all. The only reason to go there it's because of Ciri (that, in terms of plot, could go anywhere, maybe a place more connected to the story or the war like Aedirn or the Eastern front). And that's why it affects storyline

Oh my god.... Do you even know how the map of the Witcher world looks like? If you say that Skellige was added because it looks like Skyrim on islands then I don't have any reason to argue with you anymore.... did you read any of the books? simple qustion ( I won't judge your answer either).

As I said before I don't give a damn about politics and I killed Henselt on human storyline every time. I just don't care that much.

Which does not mean others should not care either.

Which is canon and I now know who's your waifu.

No, it is not "canon" in the game, nor is that even relevant to what you replied to, because even if it was true, it would not excuse simplifying the character (not that I necessarily agree that this actually happened). The only way a choice becomes canon in the game is if a future game makes it a fact that that particular choice was made. Which actually rarely happens, and that is a good thing (note: a choice not mattering in the sequel is not the same as making the choice itself non-canon). Fans' subjective opinion based on the books has no authority to declare "canon" in the game.

It's not boring (otherwise i'd not be playing it for the 4th time) but yeah.. the all "BRUTAL,MATURE GRITTY WORLD OF THE WITCCCCHER" doesn't seem like the one portrayed in tw3.

I am not sure if the game is really lacking much in this aspect, or at least it is not one of the more important issues. You still get scenes like this one, after all.

Ciri, ..., Triss and Yen being a Saint and a Biatch

That is an exaggeration.

Whoreson Junior, Menge, Clever, King of Beggars, Crach, Hjamlar, Cerys, Fringilla, Margarita, Corinne Tilly, Priscilla and... Voorhis why not. (Even Emhyr is very simple, we don't see him that much in the game)

Some of those are just minor characters, and are "simple" because of their very limited screen time. Although it is harder to excuse the one-dimensional antagonists, this is a problem that was acknowledged by CDPR, and they do try to include better ones in the expansions (as it can already be seen in Hearts of Stone).

I wasn't serious, i used the evil face for a reason. This one ----> >:D

When it comes to the main antagonist and politics, the comparison is actually not that unfair. :)

Skyrim was released 5 years ago, Sapkowksi described the Skellige islands more than 20+ years ago. It has nothing do with it

Same for Velen and Novigrad, the Skellige islands have sense like those areas.

Velen is the frontline between two armies in a war. Novigrad is the closest city to that frontline. In the middle of the third war between the Northern Realms and Nilfgaard, it seemed to me plausible areas to visit. But not Skellige. I'm not saying that Bethesda were the only ones who designed this kind of world (which are very similar to the nordic folks in Europe) but it's seems rushed. There is no logical reason to go there apart form Ciri

Hadn't replayed it recently
I have. The hitboxes of TW3 are imprecise as those of TW2, but still in TW2 i feel more impact. (Now i'll be crucified, i feel it)
BECAUSE... the animations seem more fluid to me. Careful, i said the ANIMATIONS, not the controls. Maybe, it's because they were compressed when the game got.... "magical word"... from 1 year ago. And i even prefer the sound impact much more in TW2. Damn, i even prefer how he grabs and puts back the sword in TW2. :crybaby:

Why put an entire place like Skellige? (which reminds the kind of land of one popular videogame from Bethesda) I doesn't fit the entire storyline at all. The only reason to go there it's because of Ciri (that, in terms of plot, could go anywhere, maybe a place more connected to the story or the war like Aedirn or the Eastern front). And that's why affect storyline

They put a place like Skellige in there because it's an important place from the books where Ciri spent time as a child ... providing characters who know something about her. Yennefer also has connections to Skellige because she spent time there. If you look at the game as starting from the place of wanting to explore Geralt's personal life with Yen and Ciri (which was one of the main early story design principles IIRC), including Skellige makes tons of sense as they were both familiar with this land. Furthermore, it's a place with lots of interesting characters and traditions from the books in general. It has it's own cultural feel which is distinct from the other places we go. It also provides a landscape that is very distinct from the other main regions. So there are both gameplay and story reasons to include it.

I would strongly disagree that Skellige seems like Skyrim very much. They are both loosely based on nordic culture, but the comparison is really skin deep when you look to the histories and values of each of the fictional peoples. Also, other than having rocks and snow, they're completely geographically distinct.

Oh my god.... Do you even know how the map of the Witcher world looks like? If you say that Skellige was added because it looks like Skyrim on islands then I don't have any reason to argue with you anymore.... did you read any of the books? simple qustion ( I won't judge your answer either).

Yes, I've read all the books, Skellige appears in of them? Yes. Ciri was raised there? Yes. She was born in Cintra. Why they don't put Cintra too? I'm not saying that Skellige didn't exist in the Witcher world before of this game. What I'm saying is that there were areas more convenient to put in the game than the islands. That's all

No, it is not "canon" in the game, nor is that even relevant to what you replied to, because even if it was true, it would not excuse simplifying the character (not that I necessarily agree that this actually happened). The only way a choice becomes canon in the game is if a future game makes it a fact that that particular choice was made. Which actually rarely happens, and that is a good thing (note: a choice not mattering in the sequel is not the same as making the choice itself non-canon). Fans' subjective opinion based on the books has no authority to declare "canon" in the game.

No I was talking about books canon and you should get that from my earlier posts.

Velen is the frontline between two armies in a war. Novigrad is the closest city to that frontline. In the middle of the third war between the Northern Realms and Nilfgaard, it seemed to me plausible areas to visit. But not Skellige. I'm not saying that Bethesda were the only ones who designed this kind of world (which are very similar to the nordic folks in Europe) but it's seems rushed. There is no logical reason to go there apart form Ciri

Ahh so Ciri is not good enough reason to go there hmm... interesting.

Yes, I've read all the books, Skellige appears in of them? Yes. Ciri was raised there? Yes. She was born in Cintra. Why they don't put Cintra too? I'm not saying that Skellige didn't exist in the Witcher world before of this game. What I'm saying is that there were areas more convenient to put in the game than the islands. That's all

Well the problem is Ciri most likely choose Skellige as her first destination when she was traveling back to Witcher world because she thought that she will be save there since she grow up there for some time. And since she went there everything was set up already. Story wise there isn't much to argue with that.

Last edited:
Which does not mean others should not care either.

I am not sure if the game is really lacking much in this aspect, or at least it is not one of the more important issues. You still get scenes like this one, after all.

When it comes to the main antagonist and politics, the comparison is actually not that unfair. :)

Thank you for sayin this

---------- Updated at 06:11 PM ----------

Yeah, I've said that in one of my post

Top Bottom