If CDPR are going to do a third Expansion in which location would you like it to be set in?

+

If CDPR are going to do a third Expansion in which location would you like it to be set in?

• Kovir

Votes: 129 41.2%
  • Zerrikania

Votes: 89 28.4%
  • Dol Blathanna

Votes: 123 39.3%
  • Redania

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Temeria

Votes: 25 8.0%
  • Kaedwen

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • Aedirn

Votes: 20 6.4%
  • Nilfgaard

Votes: 66 21.1%
  • Cintra

Votes: 64 20.4%
  • other

Votes: 29 9.3%

• Total voters
Wow. You're actually making me like Kovir. I'm a hopeless anglophile :D
Hah :D But Koviri people resembles rather Venetians, Genoans or citizens of other Mediaeval/Renaissance maritime republics. For proper Londoners, I would look in Hengfors or Luton. Povissite people would be crazy Irishmen, Caingorn would be Scotland, and those mozaic of minor duchies like Talgar, Narok, Velhad or Creyden would be mix of Celtic, Germanic and... Kazakh cultures (Talgar is a city in Kazakhstan).

But still humans cities, ruled by humans... right? How could it be different from a Novigrad city but with more gnomes around?
Different culture, different mindset, different customs, different religion.

But that happened when? Ages ago? I'm talking of the present, Kovir is completly safe and calm.
Esterad was crowned in 50s, just before action of the "Eternal Flame" short-story - so it is not so long ago. As for the safety... well, in the books there were some clues about Tankred's lack of competences for the crown. Infortunately, it would be really hard to outstrip TW3' Radolfovid.
:facepalm:

It may be late for this suggestion, but I wonder if it would have been a good idea to include some information about the locations in the OP ? For example, a description of what each place is like, its history, etc., for some of the locations this is even available in the game in books. And maybe also a world map.

It may be late for this suggestion, but I wonder if it would have been a good idea to include some information about the locations in the OP ? For example, a description of what each place is like, its history, etc., for some of the locations this is even available in the game in books. And maybe also a world map.

Good point. I'll do that later today :)

North in general: Hengfors League (BTW, why Wiki is saying that it's torn apart?), Kurwir, north of Redania with Kestrel Mountains. Returning to Blaviken would worth it alone.

That's an excellent idea.

---------------------------------

I'd really like it if CDPR did an expansion that was crazy as fuck and just threw Sapkowski out the window and ran with their own ideas. We know that there are other wacky worlds out there like the desert planet and the poisonous fog planet which Geralt visits during the course of Through Time and Space. Why not take us someplace like that? Give them some backstory, their own history and cultures, and BAM!, you've got the makings of something interesting.

@OptoNick
Ah, ok. I work for Gamepedia Wiki, so I am not too familiar with Wikia's version articles.

To be honest, I don't know the source for this information... On the TW3 in-game map the League is indeed divided, but any of the previous CDPR' maps had the properly marked borders. If you check TW2 map, you can see divided Kovir or Mount Carbon located in Aedirn...

Maybe Mahakam is where all the female dwarves are hiding. i never saw one female dwarf in all 3 games. Plenty of male dwarves though.

Maybe Mahakam is where all the female dwarves are hiding. i never saw one female dwarf in all 3 games. Plenty of male dwarves though.

Yep. I think it was mentioned in the books that for some reason all male dwarves are convinced that the rest of the world desires to steal their women away. So they hide them :D

Remember the 6 months between TW2 and TW3? Right there, i want an prequel-expansion :p
With all the characters missing, things unexplained etc... they could fix every problems. Every. Single. One.

EDIT: I'm dumb and i forgot that this thread is for the locations. So... i'd like to visit, during these 6 months, Mahakam and a bit of Aerdin or the Brokilon Forest!

Last edited:
Why not make a final expansion located in the land of Ofir?

The Ofieri have been presented in the game and some lore about their nation has been introduced, I wonder if anyone else shares the belief that a DLC located in a more eastern flavoured Ofieri land would be an awesome addition?

Sure but I personally would also like to have one set in Kovir and another one in Mahakam.

Sure but I personally would also like to have one set in Kovir and another one in Mahakam.

LOL getting a bit greedy now , but I agree. I wonder how well are these DLC's selling and if it would be profitable for CDPR to keep working on more? I mean, clearly those who bought the dlc's so far would keep buying future DLC's as well , right?

If they are around the size of Toussaint? Sure. I'd be happy to spend 15-20 Euro every year or so to buy a new witcher expansion and keep having fun with it, even as a retired witcher. There are several regions that have not been explored at all. Anything north of Kaedwen and Raedania, anything across the sea, Mahakam, Brokkilon, the blue mountains, the worlds edge etc.

Again I wonder if this would be profitable at all for CDPR? Wonder how much they're making with the DLC's , I reckon that most people who have the original and liked it must be buying them

Or Zerikania, or Kovir (suit better coz the three witchers games seems to focused on the northern kingdoms) there is so much places of interest to see in the witcher world. CDPR is an amazing company and they make a HUGE work i would gladly paid for another "DLC" (i'm against that normally). I just don't want to leave Geralt, the game is so immersive...
But unafortunatly it seems that Toussaint was the last one :(

LOL getting a bit greedy now , but I agree. I wonder how well are these DLC's selling and if it would be profitable for CDPR to keep working on more? I mean, clearly those who bought the dlc's so far would keep buying future DLC's as well , right?

Problem, rational persons bought the season pass. CDPR won't gain anything from them anymore. So more DLC is not an option. Only a new game could make new profits and could add a new season pass.

I personally like the UI + HUD + character controlling, so if they ever create a new Witcher game, they may reuse those components (wouldn't complain).

Last edited:
Top Bottom