[Interview] Witcher 3 post launch with Konrad Tomaszkiewcz

+
It was what i meant, different studio that belongs to CDPR but still by CDPR.

No. Same studio, same place (Warsaw). After expansions most of the ppl who worked on Witcher 3 will move to Cyberpunk. They have different small team for pre-production phase, ppl who worked on W1, W2 and new developers recruited for Cyberpunk.

Looks like that after the expansions Konrad will move straight onto TW4:troll:

Given how they once again had to delay a Witcher game I feel they'll need the entire team on Cyberpunk after the expansions. That game, especially if they plan to render a truly dynamic city, will pose far greater challenges for them. We're talking multiple classes, both genders, possible vehicular gameplay, etc. The thing that stood out to me in that interview is Konrad admitting they made compromises, and not just graphical ones. That's depressing to hear. He also mentions the team is down to 217 people, if I heard right. It just seems their ambition is exceeding their resources for every game, and either they need a lot more people or more time per project.

The thing that stood out to me in that interview is Konrad admitting they made compromises, and not just graphical ones. That's depressing to hear.

I'm also not thrilled by the fact that compromises had to be made but Kondrad and CDPR earns respect in my book for admitting it.

Guest 3713529

It just seems their ambition is exceeding their resources for every game, and either they need a lot more people or more time per project.
That's what I always suspected and the reason why they had to make compromises.

Given how they once again had to delay a Witcher game I feel they'll need the entire team on Cyberpunk after the expansions. That game, especially if they plan to render a truly dynamic city, will pose far greater challenges for them. We're talking multiple classes, both genders, possible vehicular gameplay, etc.

I had similar concerns about the switch to a huge open world with TW3 and I am very impressed with what they accomplished. It's amazing to think that the first game in the series was basically just a Neverwinter Nights module.

I'm real hyped for Cyberpunk now.

No. Same studio, same place (Warsaw)

Actually CDPR has two production studios: the main one in Warsaw and a secondary in Kraków. They also have a small studio in LA, but those guys are mainly PR and marketing for the US/Canada market.

Actually CDPR has two production studios: the main one in Warsaw and a secondary in Kraków. They also have a small studio in LA, but those guys are mainly PR and marketing for the US/Canada market.

Yes, they have, but CP77 is still being produced by the main studio in Warsaw.

If you want to watch the whole panel with Konrad - here it is:
[video]http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=228924&sid=5f3ea9bf0f865a7c35784016b297d637[/video]

Top Bottom