Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the beginning of the article it says the demo they saw is the same one from last year at E3, so yeah I wouldn't worry about it.

Now that The Witcher 3 has taken the series open-world, it’s time to dust off the inevitable comparison to Skyrim that must legally be included in any and all open-world RPG discussion. The first Witcher game was built on BioWare’s Aurora engine, but with The Witcher 2, CD Projekt debuted its own tech, with spectacular results – especially from such a young team. Nevertheless, since Skyrim was only vaguely contemporaneous and a very different style of game it seemed a little rude to put them side by side.

With The Witcher 3, though, we’re seeing the first next-gen engine from the team, and it hopes to surpass the masters of the genre. Until Bethesda produces its own next-gen engine we can’t know how that rivalry will work out, but we can look at The Witcher 3 as an example of what The Elder Scrolls team ought to shoot for.

I was wondering instead of inviting some journalist to private demo CDPR shouldn't better invite some true fans who knows what the game is about ... The journalist who made a so bad job should be ashamed, he didn't do the slightest research : " Aurora Engine " was developed by Bioware not Bethesda !!

I hope these cut scenes they speak of, the ones that will show the consequences of our actions, are only supplementary to CDPR actually showing that in the game world. This ransacked village for instance. It'd have more impact if Geralt stumbled across it a week later only to find it in flames, and after searching houses, perhaps reading journals, he discovers the full import of what happened. This is a more immersive way to tell a story rather than flashing a cutscene.

I can't believe how badly written this article is.
And I feel sorry for CDPR, they shouldn't have gone to Australia for that.

Next time, pay me a visit - I'll write a more informed article for you.
Ciriously.

Last edited:
Guys, guys. It's a she. Written by Brenna Hillier.

So much talk of "doing your research" and you can't even check that:p

EDIT: She is so famous, that Sapkowski even included her in the books! No, really! Battle of Brenna ! I'm not shitting you guys! Belieeeeeve me !

Last edited:
Guys, guys. It's a she. Written by Brenna Hillier.

So much talk of "doing your research" and you can't even check that:p

EDIT: She is so famous, that Sapkowski even included her in the books! No, really! Battle of Brenna ! I'm not shitting you guys! Belieeeeeve me !
You're right, I didn't notice the name. I guess I was dazzled by that wonderful example of professionalism in the field of game journalism, my interest span gets very low when I start seeing stuff like that. Not that it matters, but thanks for pointing it out.

Good thing I don't get paid for it, at least I can afford such mistakes. :ice:

While CDP feels like a company who doesn't care about this sorta stuff I at least think they are aware of the fact that Dragon Age 3 is coming out this fall. A release during the summer to get a lead on Bioware seems smart from a marketing and sales perspective. I have no doubt they prioritize polish and stability over marketing though so it may very well be released whenever.

Last edited:
While CDP feels like a company who doesn't care about this sorta stuff I at least think they are aware of the fact that Dragon Age 3 is coming out this fall. A release suring the summer to get a lead on Bioware seems smart from a marketing and sales perspective. I have no doubt they prioritize polish and stability over marketing though so it may very well be released whenever.

It would be a great time for a release with no other major RPG games in the summer and still a fair bit of months left to hype.
If we do not hear any news before E3 though, then a fall release seems very likely.

It might actually be possible. If the marketing campaign starts this month in full force and has E3 2 months or so before release it would work out great.

I doubt they would skip Gamescom, it is just as important as E3, if not more so in certain aspects.

Let's take their youtube channel for example:

(taken from here)

Look at the hits they got around the E3 period compared to how many hits they got around the Gamescom period. Sure you have to take into account reuploads from other channels and so forth, but the difference is still staggering.

I doubt they would skip Gamescom, it is just as important as E3, if not more so in certain aspects.

Let's take their youtube channel for example:

(taken from here)

Look at the hits they got around the E3 period compared to how many hits they got around the Gamescom period. Sure you have to take into account reuploads from other channels and so forth, but the difference is still staggering.

I had not realised that Gamescom is so important to be honest. I have visited both events in the past and because of the megatons that usually happen at E3 it feels like the more important event of the two. That said, there is no guarantee that CD Projekt won't skip Gamescom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom