Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the PC statement. What he means to say is, console gamers are less forgiving jerks like me and want the best of the best.
So while they were working on high quality polish for the console kits hand in hand with the PC, it in turn has made the PC game even better than it could have been thanks to the almost unrealistic high standards of asshole console gamers like me. ;)

About the PC statement. What he means to say is, console gamers are less forgiving jerks like me and want the best of the best.
So while they were working on high quality polish for the console kits hand in hand with the PC, it in turn has made the PC game even better than it could have been thanks to the almost unrealistic high standards of asshole console gamers like me. ;)

It is rather unfortunate that the "almost unrealistic high standards of asshole console gamers" tend to concentrate mostly on things like ease of use of interfaces (even if it means dumbing down) and/or nothing less than AAA graphics, even when it hurts gameplay and might even close studios.

But for better or worse, in general, console gamers do precisely that, they complement the "almost unrealistic high standards" that PC gamers have sometimes, but regarding different aspects, and combining both, drive the industry forward, one way or another, with extreme points of any of the two sides naturally being detrimental overall.

It is rather unfortunate that the "almost unrealistic high standards of asshole console gamers" tend to concentrate mostly on things like ease of use of interfaces (even if it means dumbing down) and/or nothing less than AAA graphics, even when it hurts gameplay and might even close studios.

But for better or worse, in general, console gamers do precisely that, they complement the "almost unrealistic high standards" that PC gamers have sometimes, but regarding different aspects, and combining both, drive the industry forward, one way or another, with extreme points of any of the two sides naturally being detrimental overall.

It all works out and I do plan to buy and play TW3 on PC some day as well. ;)

Last edited:
Not really much new since they said most of it already but...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ev-vows-no-exclusive-content-for-any-platform

"We'll not deliver exclusive content to any of the platforms, nor will we artificially delay release of the game on any of the platforms because somebody's paying us money for that. It's definitely against our values. We are not doing that."

"What we are doing in terms of marketing cooperation," he added, "you'll see that at E3." Iwinski also suggested we have more to learn about online connectivity in The Witcher 3. There's, hands down, no multiplayer, and we knew that, but it sounds like there could be some kind of social sharing online.

Great news and it shows that CD Projekt is one of the good guys. That said, it also says something about the current video game market that such a dicision is news and different from the norm.

The online social thingy scares me a bit though.

Why? It could be something simple like stat sharing or scores. Besides, I can just block the exe from accessing the web if I don't want the feature.

Call me strange but I love The Witcher world because it feels so real. Walking around in it is very immersive and thinking of highscores and the like could get in the way of that potentially. It is too early to judge of course but I hope that it is a relatively small feature that can indeed be ignored.

Call me strange but I love The Witcher world because it feels so real. Walking around in it is very immersive and thinking of highscores and the like could get in the way of that potentially. It is too early to judge of course but I hope that it is a relatively small feature that can indeed be ignored.
Uhhh, that's not really what I'm suggesting. Just silent stats like how many times you died or how much you explored, this is all the 'online' I can imagine for Witcher anything more would be weird.

Guess we'll see but either way, like I said such a feature neither interests me nor am I bothered since I can just block it.

Uhhh, that's not really what I'm suggesting. Just silent stats like how many times you died or how much you explored, this is all the 'online' I can imagine for Witcher anything more would be weird.

Guess we'll see but either way, like I said such a feature neither interests me nor am I bothered since I can just block it.

We will see indeed, the best thing that I can think of is having an arena with stats to compare. That would work without being intrusive.

Maybe the social sharing feature will be about sharing your story & choices online - like they planned for the Witcher 2? Or sharing Arena scores? Or some stats like sidspyker described?

At least I hope it won't be anything bigger than that. On the other hand - if there are people that could be happy with such features - more power to them. Just give us a choice to block such online activity if we just want to play the game peacefully, in dim light, immersing ourselves in the game's world while the rain is pouring outside.

Maybe the social sharing feature will be about sharing your story & choices online - like they planned for the Witcher 2? Or sharing Arena scores? Or some stats like sidspyker described?

At least I hope it won't be anything bigger than that. On the other hand - if there are people that could be happy with such features - more power to them. Just give us a choice to block such online activity if we just want to play the game peacefully, in dim light, immersing ourselves in the game's world while the rain is pouring outside.

Agreed, plenty of options that sound interesting and would not be a disuruption of the world that you are in. One can only the imagine the horror when you are standing in the rain watching a sunset and a pop up notifies you that Sidspyker has beaten your high score without the option to turn it off.

Hahaha. A system like that would mean we'd need to network to support that can't see it happening so I'd scratch that off the list.

Psh. Like that would ever happen...
:mean:

You and your kind will pay for this. I promise to kill every bear I see in Witcher 3.

Last edited:
Honestly I'd prefer absolutely no online features being implemented in the game, in any way shape or form.
I can only imagine the pain if CDPR start trying to do some kind of shit like what Rockstar do with their Social Club shit. It's all part of that slippery slope we've seen oh so many times before with other Developers.

Although, I'll hold my proper judgment until we see what it actually is. At this point we really know nothing about it, it might even be a really neat feature, still I do hope it's nothing in-game related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom