Is CDPR making money with Cyberpunk 2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 9th then. But the only games before it are online games, of course this are played for hundreds of hours over many years. Single player games, not so much.

I'm seeing it as 12th too.
I don't disagree that it's a poor metric for a SP game though.

The number of sales is far more important and peaks shortly after a major patch are far more telling.

Some people on this forum want a granda simulator, asking for features like being able to sit on benches, feed the birds and harass the civilians with silly questions :D

They are far from a priority in my humble opinion, but I would not mind if they add some of those.
Yeah, cities feel so immersive when you can't actually interact with them, don't they? What do you actually do when playing? Just do the same quests over and over and over, then start a new character when you run out?

Yeah, cities feel so immersive when you can't actually interact with them, don't they? What do you actually do when playing? Just do the same quests over and over and over, then start a new character when you run out?

*Nothing, my fault, read that wrong*

I never cared much about the Sims features. When I played GTA IV back in the day, I noticed that mostly I do enjoy is driving. I went to bowling like twice.

I'm curious about what you said about this being feature like "default set". Any examples?
Why would I want to sit on a bench, unless it is to have a conversation with a quest NPC. It's just boring in my opinion, I would never do it even if it was implemented.
As I said it's just odd for me to hear sitting down being labeled as a Sims feature in a game that was marketed and sold as a single player character driven open world RPG that was released in 2020. As far being able to sit down being default, what I'm saying is that being able to sit down shouldn't be a feature which has to be requested in a game like Cyberpunk 2077, rather it should be included by default so the player can be as immersed in the game world as possible.

To the point though, sitting down isn't important because it's required to make a game a good game, it's important because if you can't do it, it reminds you that it is a simulation and a poor one. Not being able to do simple things like sitting down leads to it becoming an element which ruins suspension of disbelief. What is the point of existing in a world that you cannot interact with? Again, the point isn't that sitting down in a game is fun. The point is sitting down and other such tiny elements add to immersion and suspension of disbelief and likewise subtract from immersion when not present.

These tiny elements are not supposed to serve the purpose of providing entertainment but rather serve the purpose of adding to the believability of the game world.

If I go here, it's 9th.

Also, I cannot see Rocket League at all. Which link are you using?
I open Steam and pick Stats. It's less detailed and doesn't give you any information over time, but I think their spot numbers are updated more frequently than Steamcharts' once per hour. Rocket league is just out of top 10 on Steamcharts, by the way.

Just to be clear while Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time cyberpunk is simply not my cup of tea so I wont play that game and I dont know that much about it. Yet I did follow some news and know that game was removed from PS store , it was disaster ,especially on old generation consoles and I read that there was a lot of refunds. Also I hear game did not sell as much as expected despite amazing numbers I saw so I really dont know what were their expectations.

With all production costs, marketing , sponsors and everything did CDPR reach the point where they start making profit form Cyberpunk 2077 ???

CDPR is great company so I wish them big sucess with Cyberpunk despite terrible launch.

I played Witcher III a bit and honestly it just felt like a grind. Actually I started out playing Witcher II and it was hard for me to want to play the game. I have no idea why either, didn't like the mechanics much I guess.

I liked Cyberpunk a lot more for sure. I loved Deus Ex franchise as well, but I hate stealth with a passion. I just go and gun them down, screw stealth.

I'm seeing it as 12th too.
I don't disagree that it's a poor metric for a SP game though.

The number of sales is far more important and peaks shortly after a major patch are far more telling.
Bear in mind. There is Cyberpunk 2077 on EPIC and GOG.
How big the share is on Steam?

As I said it's just odd for me to hear sitting down being labeled as a Sims feature in a game that was marketed and sold as a single player character driven open world RPG that was released in 2020. As far being able to sit down being default, what I'm saying is that being able to sit down shouldn't be a feature which has to be requested in a game like Cyberpunk 2077, rather it should be included by default so the player can be as immersed in the game world as possible.
Look, I don't care how do you feel about it, I play games on and of and last time I heard about this sort of feature being important it was about Sims.

You said this stuff is like part of basic feature set in AAA games at these days. So, how about those examples?

Look, I don't care how do you feel about it, I play games on and of and last time I heard about this sort of feature being important it was about Sims.

You said this stuff is like part of basic feature set in AAA games at these days. So, how about those examples?
If you don't care how I feel, why should I respect (care about) your feelings? How about an example?
Post automatically merged:

The game is like a bag of instant noodle.

Really fancy picture on the package but it's not the real thing.
And you can't sit down and eat the noodles at one of the countless noodle shops which is a fairly desired feature when it comes to many peoples cyberpunk fantasy.

If you don't care how I feel, why should I respect (care about) your feelings? How about an example?
Well, I'm note here to discuss about feelings, but the game and its features.

You said this bench sitting stuff and all is "basic feature set" for AAA games like this. You made this claim. Shouldn't be difficult to back that up, why would it be?

You said this bench sitting stuff and all is "basic feature set" for AAA games like this. You made this claim. Shouldn't be difficult to back that up, why would it be?

You can sit down in Skyrim, in the Fallouts, even in old Gothic. But frankly you seem to be ignoring the bigger issue. Sitting down places, eating stuff, drinking stuff, talking to people, watching life unfold, those aren't key features in their own right, but these small things do help maintain the illusion of a living city.

There is a reason why schedules for NPCs was hailed as a breakthrough instead of just having everybody stand in the same place, day and night. Again, it helps sell the illusion.

If you don't want to talk and you don't want to sit down ever, and you don't really care whether the city is immersive or not, then what exactly do you like doing in the game?

So you're not here to discuss feelings about the game but are here to discuss the game and it's features but you're ready and willing to tell me how you feel about the games features or lack thereof as well as tell me your feelings about my feelings regarding the lack of the games features and you expect me to care about your feelings but tell me my feelings about the same subject matter is not valid but yours are.

Your insisting on holding onto your initial reading of my words which you interpreted to mean what you were able to understand from them is an attempted to frame my position according to your desires so you can strawman my argument. I've already explained to you that I was not speaking in terms of comparisons to other games, if you wish to believe that you cannot sit down in other games you're free to do so as I feel no obligation to persuade you one way or the other. If you believe your extent of experience with playing games is the complete possible extent of experience in playing games, again you are free to do so.

I've stated my reasoning as to why I believe sitting down should be a part of default set features for a game like Cyberpunk 2077, if you disagree with that is fine with me and I'd be interested to see why you disagree but if you want to disagree with me about your interpretation of my words which I've clarified for you I'm not really interested in discussing your thoughts about my words in as much as you have decided what they mean.

You can sit down in Skyrim, in the Fallouts, even in old Gothic. But frankly you seem to be ignoring the bigger issue. Sitting down places, eating stuff, drinking stuff, talking to people, watching life unfold, those aren't key features in their own right, but these small things do help maintain the illusion of a living city.

For Fallouts I guess that would be Fallout 4 and Fallout 76? Sword stuff has never been my cup of tea.

So you're not here to discuss feelings about the game but are here to discuss the game and it's features but you're ready and willing to tell me how you feel about the games features or lack thereof as well as tell me your feelings about my feelings regarding the lack of the games features and you expect me to care about your feelings but tell me my feelings about the same subject matter is not valid but yours are.

Your insisting on holding onto your initial reading of my words which you interpreted to mean what you were able to understand from them is an attempted to frame my position according to your desires so you can strawman my argument. I've already explained to you that I was not speaking in terms of comparisons to other games, if you wish to believe that you cannot sit down in other games you're free to do so as I feel no obligation to persuade you one way or the other. If you believe your extent of experience with playing games is the complete possible extent of experience in playing games, again you are free to do so.

I've stated my reasoning as to why I believe sitting down should be a part of default set features for a game like Cyberpunk 2077, if you disagree with that is fine with me and I'd be interested to see why you disagree but if you want to disagree with me about your interpretation of my words which I've clarified for you I'm not really interested in discussing your thoughts about my words in as much as you have decided what they mean.
You said part of basic set, I take it as part of basic set. Nah, I don't see anything dramatic about that. And for the rest. That's one helluva convoluted way to say that you didn't had any examples.

Why you just didn't do what Arv guy did, and if nothing else looked up some examples?

Lot's of games out there, Skyrim appeared to came up at 2011, so in 9 year span, 4 games. Well, that's something but I wouldn't exactly call this as basis for "basic feature set".

For Fallouts I guess that would be Fallout 4 and Fallout 76? Sword stuff has never been my cup of tea.
And Fallout 3. And Fallout NV. I haven't bothered with the RDR games, but I suspect you might be able to sit in chairs in them too. And a bunch of other things.

And let's be honest, just writing off all the fantasy genre games that also allowed it just because you're not into sword stuff is a bit easy. Skyrim allowed it. I think Oblivion might also have. I know Gothic did. I think Risen also did, but I haven't played that franchise an ungodly amount of time so maybe I'm wrong.

And that's just sitting. It's one of those immersion things but obviously it isn't the one true path. You can build immersion and try to maintain the illusion of a living world in a whole bunch of ways. It doesn't have to be sitting. But can you tell me what CP77 does to feel "alive"? Yes, randomly generated NPCs that are coming from nowhere, going nowhere, doing nothing, and who will despawn in a few moments. A few static non-random NPCs here and there. Absolutely unconvincing random traffic. Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom