Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I expected an RPG. I expected an immersive city. I expected choices that would have implications. I expected some beefy dialogue options at some point. I expected exploration of an entire city. And I expected to play as my take on V.

What I got was an arcade looter-shooter, a cartoon city comparable with Sanctuary in Borderlands 2, and no choices that really mean anything. Dialogue is somehow worse than in Fallout 4. The city is big and massive and would've been immensely fun to explore if there was actually anything worth the effort to find. But this beeing a looter-shooter, there really isn't anything important to find, because all gear will get overtaken by some random junk in a few levels. And I don't ever get to be V, because no player agency is allowed until Johnny takes over.

Most disappointing game in 2020? Yeah, pretty much is.

Its a great game and it has the potential to be even greater than it is.

People threatened suicide and violence if any more delays showed up. This is what you get when you rush things.

Game Of The Year, if they release DLC with more loot variants and new quick hacks.

People threatened suicide and violence if any more delays showed up. This is what you get when you rush things.

Game Of The Year, if they release DLC with more loot variants and new quick hacks.

I don't really do the online thing (here being the exception) and I was in our local bricks and mortar store picking up other games just after they'd announced the last delay - and was literally listening to people in the store talking shit like that.

Disgusting. I call myself a gamer, but far out do I do what I can to distance myself from "gaming culture"

why when I undress in a game they pull on a diaper, then why the hell, when everyone around them uses very indecent expressions, they don't get a gag in their mouths? come on, turn off all the fucking altogether so that no one accidentally plays it! after all, no one would play! this is a real scam!

Alot of people have said that TLOU2 is the biggest dissapointment this year, and I can absolutely agree the sentiment. BUT ! A BIG STINKING BUT, to defend TLOU2, and bare in mind I did not like the game, the gameplay WAS what they said it would be. The gameplay was good, brutal and repetitive but good, not great, good. Nothing unexpected and also nothing wrong, everything was there, except a good story.

But Cyberpunk does not have the gameplay we were promised, or even half of the gameplay. Infact it even lies for its genre, it is not an RPG its a Action Adventure/Looter Shooter. And for that reason alone I believe Cyberpunk is more dissapointing then TLOU2.

Also, this is speculation, I also believe story segments and romances were sidelined or changed for some internal weird reason. I also believe, very important the word BELIEVE, that certain features and stories were cut because of the adult nature of it so to streamline the game.

Last word in, I do not believe the game was pushed out or pressured by investors, simply because they themselves, CDPR, said so that they were not. Also the fact that there is 4 lawsuits made by investors on the way, shows that investors were as surprised as gamers. Example myself as I am BOTH an investor for CDPR and a Gamer. And if there is one thing I have learned in life is that you do not piss off a billionaire gamer. So those lawsuits will sting alot, until anwers are out.

Otherwise let us not yank the chain the best game this year was definitely Ghost of Tsushima.

Most dissapointing game, does not mean worse game. There were many games in 2020 that are worse. But my questions stands, with everything that has happened, and the launch that happened etc etc. Do you feel cyberpunk 2077 is the most dissapointing game of 2020?

For me personally it is a yes. The state of this game and the missing contents makes it to me the most dissapointing game of 2020.

Please share your thoughts and have a happy new year!

The only thing I am disappointed of is that I finished the game now (although 75 h is quite a lot of fun I think).

Sorry, but besides the bad console version, I cannot understand people who do not like the game. I was totally overwhelmed by the story, the characters and the city.

It's definitely my most disappointing by far and away, followed to a much lesser extent by TLoU2.

The difference being that I knew TLoU2 would be the way it was well before release, so it's only disappointing in that it's a sequel to the previous masterpiece.

People saying games like Marvel Avengers, did any of you actually expect it to be some great game? The warning signs were all there. The game was hot garbage, but I wouldn't saying disappointing. It was exactly as expected.

Cyberpunk 2077 however is not the game advertised, talked about or shown off. It was also expected to function on launch. Considering the hype and all the dev talk and the amount of time in the oven, I would say it's probably my most disappointing of the decade maybe (compared to what was shown or imagined).

But Cyberpunk does not have the gameplay we were promised, or even half of the gameplay. Infact it even lies for its genre, it is not an RPG its a Action Adventure/Looter Shooter. And for that reason alone I believe Cyberpunk is more dissapointing then TLOU2.

i think you dont know what an rpg is

from wiki
A role-playing video game (commonly referred to as simply a role-playing game or an RPG as well as a computer role-playing game or a CRPG) is a video game genre where the player controls the actions of a character (and/or several party members) immersed in some well-defined world. Many role-playing video games have origins in tabletop role-playing games[1] (including Dungeons & Dragons) and use much of the same terminology, settings and game mechanics. Other major similarities with pen-and-paper games include developed story-telling and narrative elements, player character development, complexity, as well as replay value and immersion

well.. you have the same amount of controll of you actions like you have in masterpice rpgs like baldursgate, it dosnt kinda matter what you do, in the end you have to fight Sarevok and decide to be baals vessel or not, you cant change the end... its written in stone
same goes for cyberpunk... you have a broken relic chip in your head... life or die with it, there are endings like The Sun where V is still alive.. and maybe will be after the mission, we will maybe find out in a DLC
and if we dont... well its still a great story
you can develop your char into many directions, and those work
why did CDPR remove tech skills robot control? becasue thy did suck. thy even showd it at some point how bad it did work... why? because you can oneshot stuff and the robot cant, and dont tell me you had fun with the flathead. is it sad.. maybe, but i like the pace of the game as it is

the world isnt immersive?
why, because you cant play tennis or go on a golf session or do a ride on a subway??
i love the world, i love to explore it, i love to listend to NPCs that talk to each other on the sidewalks
you maybe should do that to, you miss a lot of stuff if you dont
sure there is bad stuff... like cars, NPC behavior and despawning NPCs
but i can live with that

cyberpunk is a pen&paper game, so the computergame has some limitations on what is possible and what not, heck people are complaining about the lack of animals... read the story
you wanna be a CEO of Arasaka? well thats just not possible, your a simple steetsam/netrunner

if you didnt like the game.. i cant change that
i do like the game, with all its flaws, which i belive CDPR will patch some of

you wanna be a CEO of Arasaka? well thats just not possible, your a simple steetsam/netrunner
No, that is possible. If they had actually made the life paths mean something to the endings. Example: Using the Johnny Rouge ending. Where V takes over after Rouges death. If you have Corpo Path. Two additional endings would be triggered. You'd invest in Rouge's business. Till you became the president of a company, like doing a takeover of Arasaka. The good version of Corpo. Would have the building be named after Rouge and or Johnny. An evil ending, is have Afterlife closed down. And become what you hate. Using Arasaka Tower. Rising up and vowing to recreate Mikoshi, to save your life. These where possible alternate endings that could have been done for Life path options. Additional ending changes. Your romance will work with you, or against you (good/or evil).

I am just curious, how was this game announced in 2013, and it's actual development started in 2018?
What did CD Projekt do in the 5 years between?
And please spare me with the excuses "they worked on the Witcher DLCs"
Then why announce a game that did not even existed, apart from a tech demo, with a very specific scene, that notorious girl with the mantis blades and bulletrpoof skin being shot at by cops... and spend 5 years to convince investors to fund your game, only to allow 2 years of actual development time?
What the fuck were you smoking, Michal and Marcin?
At lest those parties with prostitutes on coke, on yachts at Monaco were worth it?

No, that is possible. If they had actually made the life paths mean something to the endings. Example: Using the Johnny Rouge ending. Where V takes over after Rouges death. If you have Corpo Path. Two additional endings would be triggered. You'd invest in Rouge's business. Till you became the president of a company, like doing a takeover of Arasaka. The good version of Corpo. Would have the building be named after Rouge and or Johnny. An evil ending, is have Afterlife closed down. And become what you hate. Using Arasaka Tower. Rising up and vowing to recreate Mikoshi, to save your life. These where possible alternate endings that could have been done for Life path options. Additional ending changes. Your romance will work with you, or against you (good/or evil).

i hear you,
but let me tell you one thing...
iam a Pen&Paper player...
and iam a DM for many years now...
do you realy think, theres even a chance, i would my players lead a megacorp like Saeder-Krupp or Ares
or even a smaler corp??
no way in hell i would allow that

and sorry, dont compare running the Afterlife and be the best fixer in nightcity to the wealth of a megacorp
its like you compare a truck stop vs amazon

Anyone who threatens suicide or violence because of a game delay need to evaluate their life.
From a business standpoint they probably didn’t care. As much as people like to think they have a big impact on a company, they don’t. In the end we’re all just a number and the majority will fellow. This release was more about bringing in the profits.

I would have to say, no it isn't the most disappointing game of 2020. I don't really buy the latest and greatest though. Not sure what came out in 2020. I can say I am most disappointed in CDPR. I was really rooting for them.

Depends on the mission. Fun at times mind numbingly bad at others. I'd say 6 out of 10. 6.5 because at least they sent a letter saying sorry we messed up.

Of course it is NOT the most disappointing game. There are a lot worse games who were released, but the game indeed has to go through a lot of fixing.

Top Bottom