Is Quen OP?

+

Is Quen OP?

• Yes, definitely.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Quen, like every other sign is based on conditions.

Votes: 21 70.0%

• Total voters
As of now, yes. It makes swallow and other healing options redundant. I always finish my fight with full HP.
What can be done is to tweak the AI of some higher ranked enemies, so that they stop attacking and circling around instead when their attack hits the active Quen shield.
Also, more abilities like Alghoul's roar, break the shield immediately, so if you are trying to turtle, it will simply break your shield and stun you.
Perhaps there's a way to tweak this shield so that it is not completely useless :D , for example, only recommended to use active Quen for taking damage from a strong attack of opponents :
- With a large swing or other elaborate animation of spells of enemies, you anticipate a power attack, then you turn this shield on
- For opponent's fast attack, they will simply stop or try to break your shield if their quick jab hits the shield and heals you. So the shield only heals a little bit in this case
Over all the idea is that, once again, it's a high risk high reward skill, if you learn the attack pattern of an enemy, a well timed active Quen heals you by a large amount. This is perhaps the analogue to parrying when you fight against powerful monsters (for whom parrying is impossible) - I believe this was originally intended by Flash

Last edited:
Top Bottom